See also: Vadim
Roger Vadim , of his true name Roger Vadim Plemiannikov , born the January 26th 1928 with Paris, deceased the February 11th 2000 with Paris, is a Réalisateur, Scénariste, actor, Romancier and Poète French. Celebrate ladies' man, incorrigible tempting who wrote and carried out films to put his wives in scene and to make stars of the big screen of them:
- Ex-husband of: Brigitte Bardot, Annette Stroyberg, Catherine Deneuve, Jane Fonda, Catherine Schneider and Marie-Christine Barrault
- 4 children: Nathalie Vadim with Annette Stroyberg, Christian Vadim with Catherine Deneuve, Vanessa Vadim with Jane Fonda, and Vania Vadim Plemiannikov with Catherine Schneider
BiographyWire of a father Aristocrat Russian Ukrainian and of a mother of Provence. His/her father is made naturalize French and is appointed vice consul France in Egypt where Roger Vadim passes his early childhood in a romantic universe.
Life of artistIn 1947, at 19 years, it gives up its schooling with the Institut of political studies (IEP) of the University of Paris and prefers the life of artist painter or actor to Paris. It is registered with the courses of Comédie of the actor Charles Dullin. The writer André Gide makes known to him the realizer Marc Allégret of which he becomes the assistant then the Scénariste while being Journaliste and Reporter - Photographe to Paris-Match until in 1956. It " flashe" for Brigitte Bardot 15 years old as a cover for review She and asks Marc Allégret to make it audition for a role of actress. The love at first sight is immediate and reciprocal.
Brigitte BardotIn 1950, the couple in love, him 22 years old and it 16 years, meet for summer holidays paradisiac, dreams, unforgettable, of love, festival and freedom in Cape Myrtes close to Saint-Tropez. They must await the majority of Brigitte to marry.
Scenario writer and realizer of cinemaIn 1956, at the 28 years age, it writes and carries out its first film And God… created the woman where it puts in scene his young wife Brigitte Bardot who is 22 years old and plays almost her own part vis-a-vis Jean-Louis Trintignant. Juliette is a completely carefree ingenuous young woman at the top of her beauty. She explodes the hearts and manners of all the men of the village of fishermen of Saint-Tropez where she saw. She only thinks of having fun and with the pleasures of the life in a community traditionally attached to the moralities and work.
The film obtains a success mitigated in France, but triumph with the the United States. Brigitte Bardot becomes an alive myth, a social model and an international sex-symbol. The film unchains cascades of Sentiment S, as much of passion and of idolatry, of collective love at first sight, that of Scandale and Colère against the immorality which pushes the Bardot-Vadim couple with the divorce in December 1957 and made small village of fishermen of Saint-Tropez a place of legend by the only presence of Brigitte Bardot which saw with the Madrague at the year and is made bronze naked on its private beach.
Annette StroybergIn 1958, after this first world master stroke, it is devoted definitively to the setting in scene and the realization and turns the Jewellers of the moonlight with the superstars of the cinema Gerard Philippe, Jeanne Moreau… and Brigitte Bardot. During this turning, it meets very the Danish handsome actor Annette Stroyberg which it marries on June 17th 1958 and with which it has a girl Nathalie Vadim
In 1959, it hopes for success with Annette Stroyberg in the dangerous connections but she is not Brigitte Bardot and the critic does not forgive him this new variation with the moralities. They divorce in 1960 after having turned together And to die of pleasure .
Catherine DeneuveIn 1962, it is 35 years old and meets Catherine Deneuve which has 19 years on the turning of the Parisian film the of Marc Allégret. They fall in love one with the other in one evening and it becomes her partner with whom it has a son the following year Christian Vadim on June 18th 1963. It offers its first great role to him on the topic of the Marquis de Sade and the Nazisme in the Defect and the Virtue in 1963 with Annie Girardot. The film is rejected by the public and the critic.
Jane FondaIn 1964, at the 36 years age, it tests a new love at first sight for the American handsome actor Jane Fonda 27 years old on the plate of the Round . They marry with Las Vegas and have a Vanessa girl. It makes it turn in the Quarry which is a failure and in Barbarella which is its last success with the cinema. They divorce in 1972.
Catherine SchneiderIn 1975, at the 47 years age, it marries Catherine Schneider heiress of an iron and steel empire with which it has a Vania son and which it divorces two years later in 1977. After this third divorce it starts a long crossing of the desert and is devoted to the Théâtre and the Télévision
Marie-Christine BarraultIn 1990, at the 62 years age, after having hustled the sexual taboos during years, it finds finally serenity near the actor of Théâtre Marie-Christine Barrault only it marries and with which it turns for the Télévision a blow of magic wand , My father was right , Nouvelle tribe and insane Amour .
In 1993, it passes to the writing of four novels of which " taste of happiness " where it puts in scene as at its practice his wives with whom it remains in friendly close relationship and of work all her life.
DisappearanceIn 2000, it dies Friday February 11th with Paris at the 72 years age of the continuations of a Cancer. Its funerals are celebrated with the church of Saint-Germain-of-Meadows in the presence of his five wives, then it is incinerated and rests with the marine cemetery of the village of Saint-Tropez to a few meters only of the shore, vis-a-vis the sumptuous gulf of Saint-Tropez and vis-a-vis the Madrague of Brigitte Bardot
" Fidelity aggravates me "
- Annette Stroyberg (wife, 1958 - 1960 - a girl Nathalie Vadim)
- Catherine Deneuve (partner - a son Christian Vadim)
- Jane Fonda (wife, 1965 - 1972 - a Vanessa girl)
- Catherine Schneider (wife, 1975 - a Vania son)
- Marie-Christine Barrault (wife, 1990 with its death 2000)
Catalog of films (actor)
- 1959: the Will of Orphée of Jean Cocteau
- 1963: Dragees with pepper of Jacques Baratier
- 1965: the Backward flow of Paul Gégauff
- 1974: the assassinated Young girl of Georges Viguier
- 1981: Rich and famous of George Cukor
- 1985: Black series for one sleepless night of John Landis
Catalog of films (realizer, scenario writer or producer)
- 1954: Amante di Paride of Marc Allégret
- 1956: This crowned gamine of Michel Boisrond
- 1956: By thinning out the leaves of the daisy Marc Allégret
- 1956: And God… created the woman
- 1957: Would be beautiful and keep silent Marc Allégret
- 1957: never Knows one…
- 1958: Jewellers of the moonlight
- 1959: dangerous Connections
- 1960: And to die of pleasure
- 1961: the Support on the neck
- 1960: And Satan lead the ball Grisha Dabat
- 1962: Seven deadly sins
- 1962: Parisian the of Marc Allégret
- 1962: Rest of the warrior
- 1963: the Defect and the virtue
- 1963: Castle in Sweden
- 1964: the Round
- 1966: the Quarry
- 1968: extraordinary Stories
- 1968: Barbarella
- 1971 : If you believe young girl… ( Pretty Maids All in has Row )
- 1972: Hellé
- 1973 : Don Juan or If Don Juan were a woman…
- 1974: the assassinated Young girl
- 1976: a faithful woman
- 1977: Happiness, odd and passes (TV)
- 1980: erotic Plays of night ( Night Ranges )
- 1982: The Hot Touch
- 1983 : Surprised Party
- 1983: the Traveller ( The Hitchhiker ) (series TV)
- 1988: And God Created Woman
- 1991 : Safari (TV)
- 1993: insane Love (TV)
- 1996: the New tribe (serial TV)
- 1996: My father was right (TV)
- 1997: a blow of magic wand (TV) (with his/her son Christian Vadim)
- Video '' Vadim, Roger '' Interview of the Roger couple and Annette Vadim in 1960 on dangerous connections . TSR
|Random links:||Budget of the State | Sten Sture the Old one | Xander Berkeley | Romeo Malenfant | Friedrich Kleist von Nollendorf | Transport_en_Trinité-et-Tabago|