A cyclosportive test organized in the Pyrenees with Luchon, bears the name of the LAPEBIE in remembering initially Serge his nephew, but also Roger and his Christian son as well as Guy father of Serge.
Principal resultsIt gained the championship of France on road in 1933.
It gained with masterliness the Tour de France 1937 by allocating 3 stages but in a surging environment after the abandonment of Sylvère Maes and the team of Belgium which estimated to be handicapped by Henri Desgrange. Desgrange showed Roger Lapébie to have circumvented the payment to gain the Turn and refused to engage it the following year under the pressure of the Belgian leaders. In 1939 Roger Lapébie broke the knee on arrival of Bordeaux-Paris, which put an end to its career. Wheeler and remarkable chute, it compensated in the descents and on the dish its weakness relative in the rise of the collars.
It on the whole gained 9 stages on the Tour de France.
A brother cyclistHis/her brother Guy Lapébie, five years his junior, was Olympic champion on road by team and Olympic champion of continuation by team in 1936, like Olympique vice-champion on road the same year, behind Robert Charpentier author of the triplet, also victorious of the Grand Prix amateur of the five Nations of 1935, and also then very good pistard victorious of 6 Six-Jours: Paris 1948,1949; Saint-Etienne 1950. It finished 3rd Tour de France 1948 behind Gino Bartali and Briek Schotte.
Detailed prize list
- Tour de France: 1937 (3rd: 1934)
- Champion of France on road Prof: 1933
- Paris-Roubaix: 1934 (but disqualified for change of bicycle, unauthorized) (3rd: 1939)
- Paris-Nice: 1937 (2nd: 1934)
- National Critérium: 1934,1937
- Paris-Saint-Etienne: 1933,1934,1935
- Paris-Anger: 1933
- Grand Prix of the Echo of Algiers: 1933
- Circuit of Morbihan: 1933
- Paris-Vichy: 1934
- Paris-Sedan: 1938
- Six-Jours of Paris: 1935 (with Maurice Archambaud) (3rd: 1936)
- International Omnium of Buffalo: 1934
- 9 stages of the Tour de France
2nd of Paris-Turn: 1935
- 2nd of Paris-Nice: 1937
- the Roger Lapébie
|Random links:||-422 | 1890s | And if it were true… (film) | Beginning of the insane one | Triforce (system of arcade) | Georges of Armagnac | Histoire_de_dessous|