BiographySimultaneously with its studies with the National school of theater, it starts a career of Chansonnier at the beginning of the Années 1960. It records a first album in 1965. Its 4th album appears in 1968 in full period Psychédélique. Charlebois proposes there, accompanied by the free Jazz band of Quebec, an explosive alloy between the popular Poésie of the Quebec and the rates/rhythms and the electric sounds of the Musique rock'n'roll. It used also the Québécois Sacres at the time of its spectacles to show the rupture between the company and the religion.
The colossal success of the song Lindberg , which he sings with Louise Forestier, the conduit the following year to go up on the scene of the Olympia of Paris. Charlebois and Forestier occur there in first part of Georgette Plana. Their dishevelled spectacle disconcerts the public of Olympia, come initially to applaud this singer of varieties of the Forties. The legend wants that one evening, Charlebois, installed with the battery, picked so extremely on the skins that pieces of drums rolled until in the first lines of the public.
Exceeded by this gesture and sensitive to the irritation of the public which is diverted by the psychedelism rock'n'roll of Charlebois and its gang, Bruno Coquatrix, the owner of Olympia, makes cancel the spectacles of the Québécois troop. This first animated episode of Charlebois among French largely will contribute to establish its reputation through Quebec. The years which follow are records, the good tounes are added: Dolorès, Any Écartillé, Quebec Coils, You V' there, the Wings of an Angel, Miss Pepsi, My Country It is not Pas a Country, it is a Job, Mr. Plum, Fu Man Chu, Conception, Ent' 2 joints, I dream in Rio.
From this time, at least traditional imperishable: Ordinary , with Large Pierre (Nadeau) with the piano, arrangements imposing for full orchestra and the text of Mouffe, his/her partner and her MUSE (Miss Music…), key character in the career of Charlebois, the ordinary Ben guy. For several, Ordinaire remains the great song of Robert Charlebois. 40 years later, the creative vein is less vigorous than in the psychedelic years, but Charlebois continuous to give spectacles to Quebec and in French-speaking Europe.
Daniel Montpetit, journalist, the encyclopedia of the rock'n'roll , Montreal, Editions In Backstore, 2004.
- 1965 : Volume 1 (Swell…)
- 1966 : Volume 2 (Divertimento…)
- 1967 : Ground of Bums (public recording, with Jean-Guy Moreau and Mouffe)
- 1967: Robert Charlebois (Tomorrow the winter…)
- 1968 : Lindberg (with Louise Forester)
- 1969: Quebec Coils
- 1970: an ordinary Ben guy (with Mouffe)
- 1971: Robert Charlebois (Y' has its pichou…)
- 1972 : Charlebois (Fu Man Chu…)
- 1973 : Solidaritude
- 1974 : Charlebois (I dream in Rio…)
- 1976 : Long distance
- 1977: Swing Charlebois Swing
- 1979: Solid.
- 1981 : Happy in love?
- 1983 : I taime like insane a
- 1985: Super Position
- 1988: Dense
- 1992: Immensely
- 1992: Cartier (the opérock) (with OJ Lemaire, Pauline Martin)
- 1996: the singer masked
- 2001: Soft savage
- 1987 : Charlebois, volume a
- 1991: 1st period (box 3 discs)
- 1993: Robert Charlebois (Quebec collection Coils)
- 2005: Very écartillé (box 4 Cd)
Extract of its catalog of films
- 1967 : Between the sea and the fresh water of Michel Brault with Genevieve Bujold, Claude Gauthier
- 1975: a genius, two associated, a bell (a genio, which had compari, a sports shirt) of Damiano Damiani, Sergio Leone with Terence Hill, Miou-Miou
- 1975: the Aggression of Gerard Worse with Jean-Louis Trintignant, Catherine Deneuve
- 1983: Been engaged which came from the cold of Charles Némès with Thierry Lhermitte, Barbara Nielsen
- 1986: Is run away, Lola of Michel Drach with Carole Laure, Jeanne Moreau
- 2000: One is not there to like (TV) of Daniel Janneau, (+ music)
- “I am a Hell' S Angels with foot… I eat hot-dogs worse I drink the… I am a bum of good family. When I go su' has Main I eat Guédilles… extracted from: The WINGS Of an ANGEL, 1969, Quebec Coils, Gamma S-136.
“If the States take the ground/It will remain us less than anything/Without country, without fatherland without “job”/One r' will be poor as Job/Faut to show them that one is “capab”/Faire better than Jews worse Arabs/Faut to rest, is necessary to help themselves/Bâtir an large army of ideas/And to make New France/the promised land of the espéran-year this….” extracted from: QUÉ-CAN BLUES, 1974, Solution SN C148.
- Biographie supplements
|Random links:||Manage | Trinh Xuan Thuan | Union of the people (Estonia) | Campsas | Raid of Andrews | L'IL_Capitano|