Kosmogonia is a multi-media spectacle combining theater, acrobatics and other disciplines of the art of the circus, music, dance and special effects presented in sport on the site of the Cité of Energy in the town of Shawinigan to the Quebec (Canada). 26 acrobats, actors and musicians belong to the service.
The spectacle is presented six times per week during two months each summer since 2001. From 2001 to 2003, nearly 95.000 spectators assisted to with it.
The spectacle presents a legend of the creation of the world told by Argaale, the Chaman E, in which immortal Alpha, Kohoutmé, are in love with immortal of the river, Aïsha. In order to allure it, Kohoutmé decides to steal fire to the god Bird-Thunder who, to be avenged, captures Aïsha and transforms it into the the Moon. Kohoutmé will then fight the Bird-Thunder which it will overcome and become the Sun. The play of the moon and the sun will cause the appearance of Time and Transitory, mortals who will drive out immortal Earth.
SiteThe amphitheater, although in sport, has a roof and is heated. The spectators are installed on the seats of a circular platform of almost 900 places which rotates during the spectacle in order to present various scenes to them (the mountains, the river (on the Rivière Saint-Maurice, the forest, the platform).
- Scenario and dialogs: Claude Champagne
- Put in scene: Rénald Laurin
- Assistance with the setting in scene and choreographies: Howard Richard
- Music: Michel Smith
- Scenography: Pierre Labonté
- Bryan Perro, the author of the series of novel Amos Daragon , belonged to the distribution of Kosmogonia and interprets the character of the Temps .
- Official site
- Morin, Christian, Study on the economic consequences of the industry of tourist attractions of Quebec , prepared for the Company of tourist attractions of Quebec, Woods Strategies, 2004. (Version pdf on the Web consulted on January 26th, 2006).
|Random links:||Ordinances of Saint-Cloud | 1950 in music | Maximin of Aix | Sankai Juku | Silke Rottenberg | Rimae_Sirsalis|