The concept which returned it celebrates is that of egoistic Gène, exposed in the work of the same name published in 1976. This concept opposed it to Stephen Jay Gould, more on questions of terminology that basic. A dissension much more serious between them, and which led of its share to désobligeants terms towards Gould, related to the theory of the punctuated balances (which he saw like a resurgence of the Saltationnisme) defended by Gould. This debate remains one of the great scientific debates of the 20th century.
Its book the Clock and watch maker plugs was also a success. However, Richard Dawkins affirmed that of its books which appeared to him most important was the wide phenotype , where he considers that there is no logical reason to consider that the field controlled by genes stops in extreme cases of the organization which carries them. In this book, he considers that the stopping built by the beavers constitutes an expression of their genes as well as their fur. He devotes himself then to considerations between the size of genes and the size of what those generate. It is about a book more difficult than the two precedents.
Richard Dawkins as has, with Daniel Dennett developed the idea as the genes have a cultural equivalent. The ideas, the fragments of ideas or speech and the behaviors acquire a faculty of reproduction. They are duplicated by imitation by parasitizing hosts who reproduce them that they want it or not if their structure allows it. It goes from there thus from certain slogans, certain attitudes or certain advertizing and different old stories conceived for that. It creates the term of same ( same without English accent, contraction of the words MIME and embarrassment and which recalls, wish of its creator, the French word “even”).
Richard Dawkins is one of the principal critics of the Intelligent design.
- The Extended Phenotype (1982) ISBN 0192880519;
- the Clock and watch maker plugs ( The Blind Watchmaker , 1986; second edition 2006) ISBN 0393315703;
- To rivet Out off Eden (1995) ISBN 0465069908;
- Improbable Climbing Mount (1997) ISBN 0393316823;
- Mysteries of the rainbow (Unweaving the Rainbow, 1998) ISBN 0618056734;
- has Devil' S Chaplain (2003) ISBN 0618335404;
- The Ancestor' S Bruises: In Pilgrimage to the Dawn off Life (2004) ISBN 0618005838.
- The God Delusion (2006) ISBN 0618680004
It is in particular caricatured in the double episode of South Park, Vas-y, God, Vas-y
- the official site of Richard Dawkins
- the official site of the Richard Dawkins Foundation for Reason and Science
- The World off Richard Dawkins Site nonofficial (but recommended by Dawkins itself) very complete on its work
|Random links:||Guazzora | Louis Henry (chemist) | Culture of Kazakhstan | Mršelji | 231 L 101 to 120 | Lac_Champlain|