Reppe is a common French, located in the department of the Territoire of Belfort and the area Franche-Comté. It is administratively attached to the Canton of Fountain and belonged to the Communauté of communes of the Lime.
The village is located between Foussemagne and Vauthiermont at 17km of Belfort and an altitude of approximately 365 meters. The territory of the commune, which extends on 388 hectares, is sprinkled by the brook the Otter which changes name and becomes Reppe before joining Suarcine with Montreux-Castle. The Aéroparc de Fontaine , vast industrial park under development, extends near the village. Population of the village, which was not of 316 inhabitants in 1803 did not count of them any more but 240 in 1999. The development of Aéroparc should make go up this figure in the years to come.
One finds the name of the village for the first time in the files in 1331 which was called then Riespach . It depended then on the seigniory of Thann. In 1590 existed already a vault dedicated to the Virgin Mary but Reppe depended on the parish of Angeot located at more 4km. It is only in the years 1760 that the village becomes autonomous parish and that the church Saint-Blaise is built (a bell was run in 1766). The borough gathered then nearly 450 inhabitants.
|Random links:||Equip with the Cayman Islands of Rugby to XV | The Community of communes of the Basin of life of theRusset-red one | Cardiff City LFC | Carole Samaha | Normalized page | Borvo|