Rene de Rieux, Lord of Sourdéac
Rene de Rieux, Lord of Sourdéac born in 1548. It succeeds his Guy Brother, died in the return of the seat of Hennebont, as governor of Brest in 1590. With the image of his brother there will remain faithful to the king Henri IV.
In 1592,5 to 6000 members of a league invest Recouvrance (Right Bank of Penfelf). They are pushed back by Sourdéac but make the seat of the castle for five months. Rene de Rieux demolishes besieging them by making a daring exit.
The members of a league with their Spanish allies decide, in 1594, to prevent the supply of the place by blocking the access to the Goulet. Twelve vessels Spanish unload with Camaret in spring the necessary one to build an important strengthened work. Its shootings with those of a similar battery has to build on northern bank must prohibit the master key has its narrowest point.
The royal army, directed by the marshal of Aumont supported by an English Sourdéac and detachment is presented mid-October in front of the fort. This one is ordered by the captain Praxéde and it is defended by 400 soldiers. The defenders will hold one month vis-a-vis 3000 French, 2000 English, 300 arquebusiers with horse and 400 gentlemen. All Spanish dies and besieging them 3000 men lose of which the commander of the English vessels Martin Frobficher. The place has borne for this time the name of Pointe of the Spaniards.
Rene de Rieux is rewarded by Henri IV who, since 1597, sets up in his favor the island of Ushant in marquisat. He remains governor of Brest, at least until 1623, and dies in Anjou on December 4th, 1628.
Union and descent
Married to Suzanne of Saint-Mélaine († 1616), lady of Boulévêque, of which:
- : Guy de Rieux († November 14th 1640), marquis de Sourdéac,
- :: married the June 11th 1617 with Louise de Vieuxpont († 1646), of which:
- :: Henriette de Rieux (born in 1624),
- ::: married to Paul, count of the Armoises,
- :: Alexandre de Rieux († May 7th 1695),
- ::: married the January 10th 1641 with Helene de Clère (born in 1620), of which:
- :::: Paul Hercules de Rieux (1645 † January 3rd 1721),
- :::: Louise de Rieux,
- :::: Anne Helene de Rieux,
- :::: Rene Louis de Rieux († 1713),
- ::::: married to Anne Elisabeth de Nivelles
- :::: Henri de Rieux († December 4th 1693),
- :: Anne Marie de Rieux,
- ::: married to Leon d' Illiers de Balsac, Marquis of Entragues,
- :: Catherine Marguerite de Rieux,
- ::: married the September 24th 1647 with Robert d' Esmalleville, baron de Panneville,
- : Rene de Rieux (1588 † March 8th 1651), Bishop of Leon in 1613,
- : Marie de Rieux († 1628),
- :: married to Sebastien de Ploeuc († 1644), marquis de Timeur,
|Random links:||8 de mayo | Saint-Martin-with-residents of Chartres | Drawn Together | 14th army corps (France) | Nicole Maurey | Sulpice Piles | Conor_Murphy|