Rene Sylvain Edouard Billères , known as Rene Billères , is a politician French, born the August 29th 1910 with Ger (Hautes-Pyrénées) in the Hautes-Pyrénées, and deceased the October 2nd 2004 with Lourdes.
Deputy Radical socialist of the First district of the Hautes-Pyrénées to the Second constituent National Assembly, then the National Assembly of 1946 with 1973, it chairs the Commission of the State education of 1948 1954. He becomes then Ministre for State education, Youth and the Sports in several successive governments. The suppression of the duties in residence was decided for this period as well as the prolongation of the compulsory schooling and the reform of the public education which comprises the revalorization of technical education. During these two years, the means of State education increased by 50%.
Billères votes the nomination of the general De Gaulle in 1958. Like chair Parti radical socialist 1965 1969, it contributes to the Union of the left (first candidature François Mitterrand for the presidency, then foundation of the Fédération of the democratic and socialist left). Radical left, it is elected with the Sénat in 1974 and there sat until in 1983 in the group of the democratic Gauche.
It is at the origin of creation into 1956 of a mixed college of outdoor with climatic vocation (reception of young people suffering from respiratory problems) in Argelès-Gazost, sub-prefecture of the Hautes-Pyrénées where it had long years lasting a villa. In 2006, the climatic college was renamed in its honor Climatic Lycée Rene Billères.
Secretary of State to the Presidency of the Council, the Relations with the Assemblies and the Public office of the Government Pierre Mendès France (from November 12th, 1954 to February 23rd, 1955)
- Minister for State education, Youth and Sports of the Government Guy Mollet (from February 1st to June 22nd, 1956)
- Minister of state for State education, the Youth and the Sports of the Guy Mollet government (from June 22nd, 1956 to June 13rd, 1957)
- Minister for State education, the Youth and the Sports of the Government Maurice Bourges-Maunoury (from June 13rd to November 6th, 1957)
- Minister for State education, the Youth and the Sports of the Strong Felix Government (from November 6th, 1957 to May 14th, 1958)
Lists of the mandates
- November 10th 1946 - April 17th 1951: Deputy of the Hautes-Pyrénées - Republican radical and radical socialist
- June 17th 1951 - December 1st 1955: Deputy of the Hautes-Pyrénées - Republican radical and radical socialist
- January 2nd 1956 - December 8th 1958: Deputy of the Hautes-Pyrénées - Republican radical and radical socialist
- November 30th 1958 - October 9th 1962: Deputy of the First district of the Hautes-Pyrénées - Not registered
- November 25th 1962 - April 2nd 1967: Deputy of the First district of the Hautes-Pyrénées - democratic Gathering
- March 12th 1967 - May 30th 1968: Deputy of the First district of the Hautes-Pyrénées - Federation of the democratic and socialist left
- June 30th 1968 - April 1st 1973: Deputy of the First district of the Hautes-Pyrénées - Federation of the democratic and socialist left
- Senator of the Hautes-Pyrénées (1974-1983)
|Random links:||Voïvodie de Łódź | Faller | Barking and Dagenham | Acanthurus olivaceus | Sebastien Bruzzese | Byers,_le_Colorado|