Regional natural park Livradois-Drill
PresentationIt is a mixed trade-union, in which take part: the Area Auvergne, departments of the Puy-de-Dôme and the Haute-Loire and 180 communes (including 10 common partners).
The Park occupies a surface of 312 992 hectares. Its population would be of 109 041 inhabitants (source INSEE).
History and formation of the park
- an association for the creation of the Regional natural park Livradois-Drill constituted in April 1982 with in the chair Maurice Adevah-Poeuf (mayor of Thiers and appointed Puy-de-Dôme) and initiative of seventeen brought together elected officials in November 1981 with the Brugeron.
- the Mixed trade-union of management of the Park Livradois-Drill was made up in 1984.
- the Department of the Environment allotted its label in December 1985 to him.
- the Regional natural park Livradois-Drill was created by deliberation of the District council of Auvergne on February 4th, 1986.
Its head office is on the territory of the commune of Saint-Gervais-under-Meymont.
GeographySome great geographical areas:
- the valley of Dore, which constitutes a kind of backbone of the park;
- the mounts of Drill with summit plates covered with moors of altitude called High Thatches;
- the plate of Craponne;
- cut countries of Livradois;
- mounts of Livradois, including the forest high plateaus;
- hillocks and slopes of the County, around Vic-the-Count;
- butt them and slopes of the area of Billom.
Communes included and associated
Note: fault of having a free chart of rights, the communes are listed below according to their administrative memberships. A light difference in the totalization appears and will be corrected as soon as possible.
Bond towards the interactive chart on the site of the Park Livradois-Drill: chart of the communes of the Regional natural park Livradois-Drill
PublicationsIn addition to its specific participation, as support, the edition of various works (historical, etc) published by various editors of the area, the Park publishes a semi-annual review, Livradois-Drill: Newspaper of the Regional natural park LIvradois-Drill , on 8 pages format 30 X 42 cm, in quadrichromy, whose contents are centered at the same time on environmental protection, the social life, the traditions and the culture.
Among the works to which the Park brought its contest, let us quote:
- Joseph Gagnaire, medieval fortifications of the country of Ambert and its accesses (published with the assistance of the Regional management of the cultural Affairs of Auvergne; forewords of Philippe Vergain, conservative regional of the archeology of Auvergne, and Élie Fayette, president of the Regional natural park Livradois-Drill). Issoire: association ACVAM, 1st quarter 2002. 600 pages, 21 X 30 cm.
- Official site of the Regional natural park Livradois-Drill
|Random links:||Semnoz | Calgary Sun | Girma Wolde-Giorgis | Ariel (film) | Cleveland City Stars | Patriote_MIM-104|