Reggio of Emilie
Reggio of Emilie is a Italian city of the Province of Reggio of Emilie in Emilie-Romagna, located along the way émilienne. Its name Latin is Regium Lepidi (after Lépide, founder of the city and the way which gives its name to the area). After the conquest lombarde (at the 6th century) the city changed its name into Reggio of Lombardy; this name was officially retained during all the existence of the Duché of Modena and Reggio, until with the annexation of the territories of the Este to the Royaume of Sardinia in 1859.
The historical center with the form of a lengthened hexagon, crossed by the way émilienne. The principal monuments are the municipal theater (Néoclassique), the basilicas rebirth and Baroque of Saint-Prosper and the Virgin of Ghiara, the dome and many palates.
The places of the city are interesting thus that the streets all in arcades (Piazza LED duomo, piazza del Monte, Piazza San Prospero and Piazza Fontanesi). Via Emilia is bordered of palate.
In the room of the honors of the town hall (17th century) is first tricolor Republic cisalpine.
Rhegium Lepidi belonged to the Gaulle cisalpine, at the Boïens when Lépide colonized it. Destroyed by the Goths into 409, it was raised by Charlemagne. Become one of the republics lombardes to the the Middle Ages, it ends up falling under the domination from the Maison from Este in 1290. See:
It was taken by the French in 1702, the Prince Eugene in 1706 and by the king de Sardaigne in 1742.
At the 19th century, Reggio belonged to the République cispadane, then cisalpine, where it was the Chef-lieu department of the Crostolo. Napoleon i gave the title of duke of Reggio to the marshal Oudinot.
The Congrès of Vienna gave Reggio to the Duc of Modena. In 1831, a revolt which burst there, which was compressed at once by the Austrians. It was then attached to the Royaume of Sardinia and finally to that of Italy.
At the 20th century, after the Second world war, Reggio was controlled in the majority absolute by the Italian Communist party, which was worth to him as with the remainder of the area the red epithet of . Since the Years 1990, it is directed by the coalition of Olivier.
- Duchy of Reggio
- Duchy of Modena and Reggio
- List of the dukes of Modena and Reggio
Places and streets
- Via Æmilia
- Corso Garibaldi
- Piazza LED duomo (official name Piazza Prampolini), or town square ;
- Piazza San Prospero, known as also small place ;
- Piazza LED Goes up;
- Basilica San Prospero;
- Oratorical of Christ
- Church Saint-Pierre
- Church Saint-Georges
- Church Saint-François
- Ducal Palate
- Town hall
- Palate Magnani
- municipal Theater
- Ariosto Theater;
- municipal Museum
- Museum of Tricolor the
- Pieve Modolena
- San Bartolomeo
- San Maurizio
- San Pellegrino
- San Prospero Strinati
- Santa Croce
Communes borderingAlbinea, Bagnolo in Piano, Bibbiano, Cadelbosco di Sopra, Campegine, Casalgrande, Cavriago, Correggio, Montecchio Emilia, Quattro Castela, Rubiera, San Martino in Rio, Sant' Ilario d' Enza, Scandiano
EconomyMechanical engineering industries
- Province of Reggio of Emilie
- List of the Italian cities of more than 25.000 inhabitants
|Random links:||The Army of the shades | Ségur-the-castle | Members about Canada, alphabetically O | Bidu Sayão | Jacques de Larocque-Latour | Herman,_comté_de_Sheboygan,_le_Wisconsin|