A recreation park is a space in the open air providing of the activities of leisures and entertainments.
One distinguishes from the particular types of recreation park which are:
- the amusement parks (of the model of fun fairs) proposing horse-gears or attractions which form the equivalent of a sedentary fun fair;
- the parks with topics, where the visitor is immersed in a given topic (cinema, far west, imagination…) with the means in particular of decorations, music… ;
- animalist parks (or zoological gardens), which mixes zoo and attractions, often on the topic of nature, the animals… ;
- the watery parks, comprising only watery activities, swimming pools with waves, swimming pools provided with dancing waters, toboggans, various basins… ;
- the parks of miniatures, offering to the visitor reproductions on a miniature scale of buildings, monuments or places popular.
A recreation park is sometimes the showpiece of a wider field being able to include/understand hotels, trade, other activities of leisures in periphery of the park and sometimes even of other parks. One speaks then about Complexe of leisures or spring.
There exists also an important difference between simple a Amusement park and a Parc with topics or park set of themes. This last comprises a decoration, an architecture/particular scenography giving an often single character to him. Its attractions can be also equipped with a particular scenarisation thus becoming with true adventures or experiments.
The creation of this concept also gave rise to a new discipline: the imagineering or Imaginiérie in French.
One can note that an arts center or scientific and all that is connected currently in France there cannot be indicated by Recreation park. This term is commonly included/understood like park of Divertissement S family, which excludes the purely intellectual leisures. Please note employment conscious of the expression " purely intellectuels" in the preceding sentence which underlines the nearest advent of amusement parks médiatisant the culture such as the Spyland project or, to a lesser extent, London Dungeon in London.
Principal recreation parks
different the Disneyland
- the Park Astérix
- different the Aqualand
- the zoological gardens from Thoiry or of Palmyre
- the Marineland d' Antibes
- the different Futuroscope
- the Parcours Ventures in Height
- the Parcs of Labyrinths
- the Parc of Samara
- the group Walibi
See also: detailed Amorce=Article, List of the amusement parks of France
- Association Parks Passion
|Random links:||Mottled Tinamou | Belgian society of the authors, type-setters and editors | Christian democratic party (Brazil) | Dwarf Fortress | Pétionville | Barend_Biesheuvel|