Its inhabitants is called Raonnais.
HistoryAt the 18th century, Raon-on-Plain belonged to the Principauté of Salm. During fastening in France in 1793, the commune joined the department of the Vosges but was integrated into the Canton of Schirmeck.
In 1871, at the time of the annexation of the Alsace-Lorraine to the German Empire, the communes of Raon-on-Plain and Raon-lès-Leau were cut down by most of their forests n the other hand of safeguarding of a deprived railway line with Avricourt. In 1919, during the restitution of Alsace-Lorraine in France, cutting was maintained, for the great benefit of the Alsatian commune of Grandfontaine and in spite of the protests raonnaises.
- Monument with the memory of the Escaped prisoners of war and the Frontier runners.
- Raon-on-Plain in Principality of Salm
- both Raon and their forests
- Raon-on-Plain on the site of the National Geographical Institute
- Raon-on-Plain on the site of INSEE
- Raon-on-Plain on the site of Quid
- Localization of Raon-on-Plain on a chart of France and communes bordering
- Plane on Raon-on-Plain on Mapquest
|Random links:||Washington Park Public garden | Rosbruck | Bondo (Italy) | Alfred Boucher | Air current events | Collines_de_verger,_Pennsylvanie|