The Queensland is the second greater State of the Australia by the surface, the third by the population. It is with the Northern News-Wales of the South and with the Is Territoire of North. Its Capitale is Brisbane. It is the only Australian State having a Parliament monocaméral.
Origin of the name
The state owes its name with the queen Victoria of Great Britain which signed in on June 6th, 1859 the proclamation separating the state from New the Wales-of-South and which preferred this name with that of " Cooksland" , proposed by Pasteur presbytérien John Dunmore Lang.
- Northern the most septentrional part of the State is the peninsula of the Cape York which points towards the New Guinea. The Western part of the peninsula is bathed by the Golfe of Carpentarie, while the oriental party borders the Mer of Coral, which belongs to the Pacific Ocean.
- Is the Eastern border is the Pacific Ocean.
- Western In the west, Queensland is skirted by the Territoire of north, and in south-west by the north-eastern corner of the southernmost Australia.
- Southern by the News-Wales of the South. This southern border has three sectors:
- the Basin of drainage of Point Danger to the Dumaresq River.
- the section of river including Dumaresq, Macintyre and Barwon.
- the parallel 29e southern, above the border of southernmost Australia.
- the capital of the state Brisbane is located on the coast at 100 km of road at the north of the border of News-Wales of the South.
- more the big city in the world in surface, Mount Isa, is located at Queensland. The surface of the city exceeds the 40.000 km ².
- Among other areas to be noted, it there a:
- the Plate of Atherton
- the National park of the Mountains Bunya
- the National park of Carnarvon
- the National park Diamantina
- Darling Downs
- the National park of the islands Whitsunday
- the island Hinchinbrook
- the Gold Coast, which has some of most beautiful the Plage S of the state
- the Great Dividing Range
- the Pays of the Passage ( Chanel Country ) in the extreme south-west.
- the state contains five sites classified with the world heritage of humanity:
- the fossiliferous Sites of mammals of Australia (Riversleigh/Naracoorte)
- the Reserves of the center-Eastern ombrophilous forests of Australia
- the Island Fraser
- the Large coral barrier
- the Reserves of the wet Tropics of Queensland
The population of Queensland is centralized than that of the other Australian States. June 30th, 2001, the capital accounted for 45,5% of the population; for the whole country, the capitals account for 63,8% of the total population.
June 30th, 2003, the population of the State was among 3.796.800 inhabitants and that of Brisbane of 1.733.200.
Religions (survey of 2002)
Christian: 77% (Anglicans: 24,6%, Catholic: 26,2%, Lutherans: 2,2%, Uniting Church: 10,8%, others: 13,4%)
- Not-Christians: 0,9% (Buddhists: 0,2%, Hindouistes: 0,1%, others: 0,6%)
- Without religion: 14.9%
- Nonmarked: 6,9%
In 2003, the cost of living in Brisbane was lowest of all the capitals of Australia.
The economy of the area is based:
for the primary sector:
for the secondary industry, mainly on the transformation of the products previously quoted: the bauxite of Weipa is converted into Alumine with Gladstone. There are also the copper refining and the production of Sucre starting from the Canne.
See also: List of the Prime Ministers of Queensland, Governor of Queensland
The queen Elisabeth II is represented as a Head of the State by the Governor of Queensland elected directly by the population of the state (Quentin Bryce in 2007). The chief of the elected government is the Labor Prime Minister Anna Bligh which forms a " Gouvernement" (" Executive Council ") among the 89 members of the Légistalive Parliament of Queensland. The Parliament of the State of Queensland east monocaméral since 1922, when the Legislative council of Queensland was abolished.
In 2001, the State adopted a news Constitution, abrogeant the majority of various the Article S which had built the constitution before. The new constitution took effect the June 6th 2002, at the date birthday of the formation of the colony independent of Queensland.
Each day, the application of the law is under the responsibility of the Police force of Queensland, but the Australian Federal police has also jurisdiction for the federal businesses.
- -120 000 : Homo Sapiens populate Queensland.
- -40.000: modern Australian aboriginals reach Queensland by Bateau
- 1824: the penal Colonie of the Baie Moreton is established with Redcliffe, just in the north of Brisbane.
- 1825 : the penal colony is moved in the south and the town of Brisbane is founded.
- 1839 : the penal deportation of the convicts ceases.
- 1842 : free colonization is allowed.
- 1859 : the Colony of Queensland is formed.
- 1862 : the western border of Queensland is changed 141° is with 138° is.
- 1863 : the first Juge as a chief is named (Sir James Cockle).
- 1864 : Ass horribilis for Queensland:
- in March: major flood of the River Brisbane which invades the center of the city
- in April: a fire devastates the west coast of Queen street (the principal shopping mall).
- in December: another fire (the worst than Brisbane ever knew) shaves the remainder of Street Queens and the adjacent streets.
- 1865 : first steam trains (of Ipswich in Bigge' S Camp, today Grandchester).
- 1867 :
- Constitution of Queensland modified starting from the existing legislation. ( Act Constitution 1867 =.
- Discovered Gold with Gympie.
- * 1883: Queensland annexes the New Guinea (rejected later by the British government).
- 1891 : formation of the Australian Workers party.
- 1899 : first worker government in the world (the Prime Minister Anderson Dawson remains one week).
- 1901 : creation of the federation of Australia.
- 1904 : the right to vote is granted to the women.
- 1909 : the University of Queensland is created.
- 1920: Qantas is founded to serve the least inhabited parts (Outback) of Queensland.
- 1922 : the Upper House of the Parlement is abolished.
- 1928 :
- the Royal Flying Doctor Service off Australia makes its very first flight, flying away of Cloncurry.
- the aviator Sir Charles Kingsford Smith makes land the Southern Cross in Brisbane, completing the first transpacific flight.
- 1982 : the the Commonwealth Games are held in Brisbane.
- 1988 : the World Fair is held in Brisbane.
- 2001 : the Goodwill Ranges are held in Brisbane.
- Brisbane (capital)
- Gold Coast
- Mount Isa
Counties (perhaps incomplete list)
- County of Atherton
- County of Aurukun
- County of Eidsvold
- County of Emerald
- County of Esk
- County of Etheridge
- County of Ilfracombe
- County of Inglewood
- County of Isisford
Simple: Queensland Zh-yue: 昆士蘭
|Random links:||Cyrene (mythology) | Molossos | Barge | Detector del Bullshit | Saint-Ellier-of-Maine | Carl Auer von Welsbach | Le_Newyorkais|