of Latin professio, - onis “declaration, public statement, action to be given like” from where “state, condition, trade”.
By extension, Profession of + substantive (indicating a trade). Practical activity or intellectual getting wages, a remuneration, incomes with that which exerts it. Occupation of carpenter, actor, farmer, engineer, journalist.
Profession + adjectival or substantive (characterizing branches of activity). Trade pertaining to a whole in a particular branch of industry . Profession agricultural, commercial, medical, artisanal; profession of the magistrature, teaching, the building, industry, the trade.
Main features for France
Nowadays (beginning of thousand-year-old IIIe), the profession as well gathers knowledge-to make anchored in the History as of the workers and the professional organizations in the objective to produce a good or to propose a service.
Competences and their quick changes are in interaction with the economy. The latter is characterized nowadays in particular by an increasingly thorough universalization.
In France, one can locate the profession in particular by:
- of the acquired trades or the recognized qualifications and an organized system relating to the professional training,
- of the professional agreements usually gathered within a Collective agreement whose booklet is published by the Official journals,
- a fastening in the nomenclature of the carried on activities,
- a history.
One can also speak about sector or branches of activity.
At the end of 2006, there would exist 528 national collective agreements, regional, extents or not applicable to paid and employers of France.
The profession on the international plan
Related articles *
- Trade (activity)
- Article on the national collective agreement (CCN) and Lists French collective agreements by n° of alphabetical booklet
- Nomenclature of the French Activities (NAF) and by code
- French professional Trade-union organizations
- Economic sector
- Branch of industry
- Branches of activity
External sources & bonds *
File Collective agreement on the site Service-public.fr
For Unit the Mixed definition of Research of CNRS: Analyzes and Data processing of the French language
for the number of collective agreements in France Management of the pay
Bond to seek an collective agreement on the Légifrance site: the banner page is a form. It allows, with the n° booklet (or the name, or the name of a trade), to consult and even télécharger its convention.
|Random links:||Lamphun | Jack Ralite | Atoll of the Rocks | Ermengarde of Arles | Rum of the Meeting|