Pride Fighting Championship
The Pride Fighting Championships or Pride FC is an professional organization of free Combat, very popular in Japan. She was the first worldwide organization of MY, that it is in term of mediatization, show, purse and quality of the combat proposed. Its first competition proceeded with the Tokyo Dome the October 11th 1997. Since Pride organized more than sixty events which were diffused in nearly forty countries. Pride holds the record of spectator for a meeting of sports of combat, with 71.000 paying seats at the time of the evening Shockwave/Dynamite in August 2002. It holds also the record of audience with 67.450 televiewers for the PRIDE Final Conflict 2003.
In March 2007, Dream Stage Entertainment sold the PRIDE in Lorenzo Fertitta and Frank Fertitta III, the joint owners of Zuffa, which has the rival organization, the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC).
Here are how the organizers present Pride on the official site: Imagine a practitioner of Jiu Jitsu Brésilien against a kick boxer, a specialist in the Judo against a fighter… it is that the martial Mixed arts… it is that Pride FC. Each combat is the culminating point of years of drive for these athletes, the best representatives of their martial art, who do not fight solely for the victory but also to defend their style of combat!
This small introduction is certe enticing, and it was surely adequate in 1997 at the time of first Pride and even more in 1993 at the time of the first UFC, but it is now rather obsolete, with the advent of the Cross training. Indeed rare are the combatants who currently practice only one discipline, the majority are now experts in several martial arts or sports of engagements.
Pride FC was born in Japan following success from the UFC in the United States and the victories resounding from some Royce Gracie. A revolution occurred in the small world of the combat in the years which follow UFC 1, one realizes that all the distances are important, the foot fist just like work on the ground. The era of the total Combat, or all the possible techniques are usable arrived.
October 11th, 1997, the Japanese call upon the big brother of Royce, fore-mentioned Rickson Gracie to open the festivities. Rickson is the legend of the Gracie Jiu Jitsu, it is downward direct of its founder and its best representing, his/her Royce brother said of him which it was 10 times better than him, it is already venerated like a half god before even its first combat. Its adversary, Nobuhiko Takada, is a star adulated in Japan, it comes from the professional Catch which enormously is médiatisé and respected with the country of the rising sun. Each of the two adversaries protest high and strong that its style is most effective. This combat represents well what could be Pride FC at its beginnings, of the meetings between two men but more especially two different disciplines, clashing in front of the fans and the practitioners of the whole world to know which was strongest and which most effective martial art…
Rules of Pride FC
Categories of weight
Equal or higher than 93kg - heavy truck
- 93kg with 84kg - heavy-light weight
- 83kg than 74kg - welterweight
- Equal or lower than 73kg - light weight
Duration of the matches
The majority of the matches of Pride are cut out in 3 rounds:
Round 1 - 10 minutes
- Round 2 - 5 minutes
- Round 3 - 5 minutes
2 minutes ago of rest between each round.
Ways of gaining a match
Two competitors dispute the match in a boxing ring of size 7 meters out of 7
- 1. Ippon : To announce its abandonment, the competitor types the hand three times on the fabric.
2. TKO :
- Stop of the referee : When the referee sees that one of the combatants dominates the combat so much that its adversary is found in danger, and that it becomes unable to be defended in an intelligent way, it can stop the match.
- medical Stop : If a combatant is wounded (following authorized techniques) and that it cannot continue the combat because of his wounds, its adversary is declared victorious. Only the doctor on the boxing ring can determine if the combatant can or not continue the combat. If the wound at summer caused by illegal techniques, the person in charge is disqualified.
- Match lost by fixed price : One of the corners throws sponge, meaning the abandonment of its combatant.
3. Decision : If the match goes until the end of assigned times (20 minutes), the three judges give their decision to determine the winner. The criteria are: the furnished efforts to finish the match by KB or tender, the physical damage given to the adversary, the combinations upright and controls it on the ground, aggressiveness and the weight (if there exists a difference of more than 10kg/22lbs. These criteria are listed by order of importance. The judges consider the whole match and not the three rounds separately.
4. Disqualification :
5. No Contest :
Disqualification for illegal actions
The following actions are regarded as illegal. When a combatant makes one of his actions, it receives a warning of the referee in the shape of a yellow paperboard. Each warning will be regarded as a point penalty if the match is decided by the judges. Three warning lead to the disqualification.
1. No the blow of head, not of attack to the eyes, not of pulling of hair, not of bite, not of finger in the openings.
- 2. No the attack with the groin
- 3. No blows (of fists, feet, of elbow) with the back of the head (area occipital and cervical). The side parts of the head and around the ears are not regarded as prohibited.
- 4. No the handling of the small articulations (required to control at least four fingers or four toes).
- 5. No the blow of elbow to the head nor with the face.
- 6. No the intentional projection of the adversary out of the boxing ring.
- 7. Not to leave the boxing ring intentionally.
- 8. Not to hold the cords intentionally. Not to pose an arm or a leg on the cords. To cling to the cords gives place to an immediate warning.
- 9. No the kick or knees with the head or the face of an adversary which falls the head ahead.
- 10. No the application of oil, ointment, spray, petroleum jello, creams massage or any substance with the skin before and during the combat. The enfreint of this rule involves a disqualification.
- Fedor Emelianenko
- Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic
- Pardoned Royce
- Pardoned Royler
- Takanori Gomi
- Mark Hunt
- Antonio Rodrigo " Minotauro" Nogueira
- Jens Pulver
- Mauricio "Shogun" Rua
- Kazushi Sakuraba
- Wanderlei Silva
- daN Henderson
- Quinton " Rampage" Jackson
- Kevin Randleman
- Alistair Overeem
- Hidehiko Yoshida
- Igor Vovchanchyn
- List of the combatants of free combat
- List of the Champions of Pride FC
- List of Pride FC
- Ultimate Fighting Championship
- What Pride Bushido and which are its rules?
- Rules of Pride FC
- Fightway.fr: The site and forum impossible to circumvent of information of PrideFC and Modern French Martial arts.
- Historical of the titles and GP of Pride
Simple: PRIDE Fighting Championships
|Random links:||Bassussarry | Model 712 | Tor Bergeron | Rantoul (Illinois) | Strakonice | Le_livre_de_cuisine_de_Moog_(album)|