PolÃtica de la isla del hombre
This page relates to the year 872 Calendrier Julien.
- the Arab historian Yaqoubi gives for capital of the Ethiopia Kabar, in the Choa. Later, Masoudi still mentions Kabar (Ankobér or Nazaré?), and of the commercial relationship with the Yemen by the ports of Dalhac, Zeïla and Batsé. Other details specify that the Ethiopian State moved until the areas of Aouache, the rivers Gimma and Ouanchét and the high valley of the Omo.
- the displacement of the capital with Kabar involves the progression of Christianity towards the interior, whereas Islam is propagated on the African littoral.
The Middle East & Arab world
Ahmad ibn Tulun is made independent in Egypt. Ahmad ibn Tulun is a wali right and tolerant. He decides in particular an important remission of taxes, which explains its popularity near the Christians.
- In May, the Viking S occupy Angers and are besieged by Charles the Bald person. In October, Charles the Bald person negotiates with Roric, chief of Norman of the Seine.
Charles the Bald person gives his wine villa of Rueil to the Abbey of Saint-Denis.
- Famine. Plague. Floods.
- December 14th: Beginning of the Pontificate of Jean VIII (fine in 882). The pope Jean VIII takes the title of “vice-chancellor of Europe”, formerly allotted to Charlemagne. The failure of the Carolingiens made slip their heritage into the hands of the Church.
- the Danish Hálfdan Ragnarsson takes its winter quarters to London; it made there beat currency, by imitating the Carolingian coins.
- Battle of Hafrsfjörd. The army and the fleet of Harald take the control of the Norway.
- the kingdom of Norway is founded by Harald Haarfager (with beautiful hair) after its victory with Hafrsfjord over the plain forces of the Norwegian nobility (v.872- 890). It reigns until in 933.
- Saga of Féroéiens mentions Grímr Kamban like the first Scandinavian to be settled with the Féroé after the victory of Harald Haarfarger.
- the Moslems attack the Dalmatie.
- the emperor Basile Ier adopts an offensive strategy towards the Islam.
- the troops of Basile Ier occupy the passages of the Taurus.
- the paulician Chrysocheir is killed at the time of a campaign in Galatie. The capital of the Pauliciens, Tefrik is taken.
Art & culture
- the geography of Ptolémée is translated into Arabic.
Pierre of Sicily writes the Histoire of the Pauliciens .
the Icelandic historian of the 13th century Snorri mentions the Scalde S at the court of Harald Ier Haarfarger in Borre. The scaldic Poésie generally celebrates the exploits of the powerful ones. The scaldes, which belong in general to the aristocracy, travel of court in court. They become sometimes listened advisers of the kings. Others lead an adventurous life to the sides of the Viking S.
Births in 872
Al-Farabi, scientist and Arab mystic.
Death in 872
Be-X-old: 872 Map-bms: 872
|Random links:||Moulayrès | Achzarit | Marie van Zandt | Torricella-tavern | Jan van Dornicke | La_politique_de_l'île_de_l'homme|