BiographyHe is noticed by Raymond Poincaré which offers to him its first political experiment with the legislative elections of 1924, like candidate of the Républicains of left in the Hautes-Alpes. Overcome, it then starts a political evolution which will be accentuated with time: if he is elected, in 1928, appointed of Savoy under the radical label after having a time joined the Parti republican-Socialist, it is on a list Communiste that he will present himself in the the Rhone in 1951.
Its ministerial career starts, as for it, in December 1932 when he became under-secretary of State to the Foreign affairs in the government Paul-Boncour. In January 1933, Daladier entrusts the wallet of the Air to him, new ministry promised with a rich person future. Passing the pilot's license, it launches out with ardor in the promotion of aviation and reorganizes the civil aeronautics by creating the national company Air France. Forced to give up this wallet after the February 6th 1934, it will find it in 1936 in the government of Leon Blum. It then devotes mainly to the Nationalization aircraft industries. It will also organize a clandestine help with the Spanish republicans during the civil war. Jean Moulin forms part of its team then. Deeply touched by the French defeat of May 1940, it will try during its whole life to include/understand the reasons and to prove of them that aviation is not the principal craftsman of this defeat. According to him, the defeat due to the fianciers lacks of means was especially allocated with the army; he will explain that in a work the economic war appeared in 1973.
Minister for the Air under the Popular front, he becomes a fellow traveller of the Communist party after the war, thus trying a political return. Under the Fourth Republic, it is one of the tètes file of the Union progressist, agglomerate of small parts resulting from Resistance and close to PCF.
He is also member of the directing office of the Mouvement of peace, where he militates for a " neutralism actif" in the context of Cold war. It obtains the Prix Stalin international for peace in 1953.
- Under-secretary of State to the Foreign affairs of the Government Joseph Paul-Boncour (from December 18th, 1932 to January 28th, 1933)
- Minister for the Air of the Government Edouard Daladier (1) (from January 31st to October 24th, 1933)
- Minister for the Air of the Government Albert Sarraut (1) (from October 26th, 1933 to November 24th, 1933)
- Minister for the Air of the Government Camille Chautemps (2) (from November 26th, 1933 to January 27th, 1934)
- Minister for the Air of the Government Edouard Daladier (2) (from January 30th to February 7th, 1934)
- Minister for the Air of the Government Leon Blum (1) (from June 4th, 1936 to June 21st, 1937)
- Minister for the Air of the Government Camille Chautemps (3) (from June 29th, 1937 to January 14th, 1938)
- Minister Commercial of the Government Camille Chautemps (4) (from January 18th to March 10th, 1938)
- Minister Commercial of the Government Leon Blum (2) (from March 13rd to April 8th, 1938)
- Appointed radical of Savoy (1928-1942)
- Appointed (radical, then republican) of Savoy (1945-1951)
- Appointed (republican) of the Rhone (1951-1958)
- Appointed (related Communist) of Paris (1967-1968)
|Random links:||Price Judith-Jasmine | The Community of transport of the area angevine | Planning | Georges-Robert Lefort | Automobile Grand Prix of Argentina 1972 | Bengt_Strömgren|