Pierre-Roland Giot was the son of a artist-painter and a British mother whose education with English will mark it deeply. He made brilliant studies of Géologie to Paris then with Grenoble. After its studies, it returned in Brittany which it had known and liked in its childhood and will devote its whole life to the study of this ground, playing during more than forty years, an important role in archaeological research in Brittany.
Author of very many scientific articles and several works, Pierre-Roland Giot created, as of 1944, within the Faculty of Science of Rennes, a laboratory of Prehistoric anthropology, in which it will apply the scientific techniques to the Archéologie: Petrography of the polished axes, Spectrography of metals, Paleolithic Sedimentology of the layers S amongst other things. It will carry out during forty years the great excavations and the megalithic restorations of monuments and tumulus through Brittany. It trained a team of prehistorians aguerris. The majority of the prehistorians who work today in this field were its pupils. Among his pupils, one raises the names of Yves Coppens (left, thereafter, towards the remote origins of humanity), Jacques Briard and Jean Helgouach, joined later by Charles-Tanguy the Russet-red, Pierre-Louis Gouletquer, Marie-Yvane Daire and Henri Morzadec.
- Brittany , Helgouach, Editions Arthaud, 1962,
- Brittany, prehistory and protohistoire , with Jean Helgouach and Jacques Briard, Arthaud Editions, collection old Worlds , Paris, 1962,
- Protohistoire of Brittany , with Louis Pope and Jacques Briard, Editions Arthaud, coll old Worlds , Paris, 1962,
- Menhir and dolmens, monuments megalithic of Brittany , Jos Editions Doaré, Châteaulin, 1970,
- Prehistory of Brittany , 588 pages, Editions Ouest-France university, Rennes, 1979 (Republication 1996 -
- alignments of Carnac , Editions Ouest-France, Rennes, 1983,
- the sea level , A.M.A.R.A.I., News bulletin n°3, 1990,
- Cairn de Barnenez , Ouest-France Editions, 1991,
- Menhirs and dolmens , Jos Editions It Doaré, Chateaulin, 1991,
- Brittany of the megaliths , 127 pages, Ouest-France Editions, Collection References, 1997 (Republication: 2002 -
- Brittany before the History , Editions Kendalc' H, collection Breiz hor Bro , La Baule, with Jean Helgouach, Jean Laurent Monnier,
- the first Breton ones of Armorique , 246 pages, university Presses of Rennes, Collection Archeology and Culture, 2003 -
- Brittany of the megaliths , 143 pages, ED. Ouest-France, coll Routes of discoveries, 2007,
|Random links:||Orthodoxe Ethiopian church | Copulate | Desired Fear and | Laukiz | Démétrios Kallos | John_O'Hara|