Pierre-François Godard de Beauchamps
See also: Beauchamp, Godard
He was secretary of the marshal of Villeroy. He is the author of entertainments and comedies, novels inspired or freely translated Greek authors and of a novel lampoonist Libertin, the Histoire of the prince Apprius . Its Recherches on the theaters of France constitutes its most important work. Paul Lacroix wrote in this connection:
This work, still very-useful in spite of those of the same kind which were done since, is composed of the history of the provençaux poëtes, a speech on the origin of the spectacles in France and on the establishment of the theaters, of a chronological analysis of the authors of mysteries, moralities, jokes and sotties before Jodelle, of the authors of the French Théâtre in four ages until 1735, of a repertory of the old ballets and principal parts represented on the Théâtres Italian and of the Fair. Beauchamps, in its foreword, does not name the people who communicated materials and notes to him; but, in the course of its book, it quotes some very-important dramatic libraries, those of Mr. de Callières, the count de Toulouse, Tronchin, etc
Works; History of the theater
- Research on the theaters of France since the year eleven hundred soixante-un jusques now (1735) Text in line (Gallica) and (César)
- the elementary Count de Gabalis and people , Castle of Seals, October 1714.
- Ballet of youth, or Ballet of Tileries , Paris, Palate of Tileries, February 16th, 1718.
- Effects of the spite, comedy in an act , Paris, Hotel of Burgundy, April 21st, 1717.
- the Parvenu or the Marriage and broken , Paris, Hotel of Burgundy, February 12th, 1721.
- the Maidservant , Paris, Hotel of Burgundy, November 14th, 1721.
- Harlequin in love by enchantment , Paris, Hotel of Burgundy, December 16th, 1722.
- the Jealous one, comedy in three acts, preceded by a prolog , Paris, Hotel of Burgundy, December 23rd, 1723
- the Jealous one punished , Paris, Hotel of Burgundy, December 23rd, 1723
- the Portrait, comedy , Paris, Hotel of Burgundy, January 9th, 1727. Text in line
- joined together Mercies, comedy in three acts , Paris, Hotel of Burgundy, November 26th, 1727.
- the Bracelet , Paris, Hotel of Burgundy, December 18th, 1727.
- the rival Mother , Paris, Hotel of Burgundy, December 18th, 1729.
- False inconstancy , Paris, Hotel of Burgundy, January 31st, 1731.
- History of prince Apprius, extracted the records of the world since its creation, Persan manuscript found in the library of Shah-Hussain, King de Perse, détrôné by Mammoth in 1722. Francoise translation by Lord Esprit, gentleman of Provence, being used in the troops as Persia (1729) Text in line
- Loves of Hypparchie and Cratès, philosophers cynical: Greek history (1795)
- Loves of Ismene and Ismenias (1743)
- Ismène and Isménias. Greek novel (1746)
|Random links:||County of Stamps | Subaru Impreza WRX | Ax-the-thermal baths | Charles Correll | Forpronu | Janelle Paradee | Cecil Kellaway | Organisation_d'état_de_l'empire_de_tabouret|