See also: Philippeville (homonymy)
With the 1st July 2004, the total population of this commune was of 8.188 inhabitants (4 047 men and 4.141 women). The total surface area is of 157,30 km ² what gives a Population density of 52,05 inhabitants per km ².
Place strong built in 1554 by William of Orange starting from the villages of Corbigny and Écherennes in Principality of Liege. It owes its name to the son of Charles Quint, the future Philippe II of Spain.
France annexes this city at the time of the Traité of the Pyrenees in 1659, as well as the fortified town of Marienbourg
In 1814, Philippeville had remained French and belonged to the department the Ardennes. In 1815, to the Second Treaty of Paris, it was attached to the Kingdom of the Netherlands at the same time as Mariembourg, Fagnolle, Bouillon and Couvin.
satellite Localization of Philippeville on WikiMapia
- Official site of the Heraldic commune
- & history
- Site of the Union of the Cities and Communes of Wallonia
- Official site of Patro de Philippeville
- Site of Spéléo Alpine Club of Philippeville (SCAP)
|Random links:||Pierre Dubuc | Réorthe | Sami Naïr | Cathedral of Coventry | Diana Rowden | Banlieue_noire_de_Lopatcong,_New_Jersey|