At the 16 years age, it engages in the maquis. After the end of the second war, it enters to the Conservatoire national of dramatic art. It is there that he learns how to place his voice and acquires the art of miming. At that time one confines it in roles of large dégingandé. In 1949, almost in spite of him bus of the friends having registered it without his knowledge, Philippe Clay gains a contest amateur in a bar “With the column of the Bastille”. It leaves for Africa with under the arm the songs signed by Charles Aznavour, then little known. After having ground its repertory during one year, it returns to Paris and occurs with the Three Donkeys and the Four Season old Fountain. He attends then the cellars of Saint-Germain-of-Meadows and becomes the friend of Jacques Prévert, Boris Vian and Serge Gainsbourg. In 1957, it passes to the Olympia. From 1957 with 1962, it passes to four resumptions in the high-speed motorboat to Olympia, fact of many rounds abroad and is its greater successes: the Hooligans , Festival of Aubervilliers , the Dancer of Charleston . With the cinema he is Valentine boned in the film French-cancan of Jean Renoir and Clopin the chief of the court of the miracles in the Notre-Dame de Paris of Jean Delannoy. After a bad patch, it joins again in 1971 with success by singing songs like My universities or Forty in reaction to the movement May 68. This repertory anticontestataire marks it politically on the right. This image is far too reducing!
It is as with him as one owes the interpretation of the Lament of Apaches , credits of the series the Brigades of the Tiger , brilliantly orchestrated by Claude Bolling.
With his meter ninety, Philippe Clay joined the very closed circle of the actor-interpreters of great talent at the sides of Serge Reggiani and Yves Montand. Its angular face, its thread-like pace, its way of surveying the scene with great strides, its its powerful and gouailleuse voice, art of miming and its direction of comic make an interpreter except par of it.
1945 to 1949
- the Merchant of Venice of Shakespeare.
- Sanctimonious hypocrite of Molière. Iphigénie
- Actor in the troop of the Palate of Chaillot.
- Don Quichotte of Yves Jamiaque,
- Of the broad ideas . Theater of the Athenaeum.
- the Count of Assembles-Cristo , put in scene Maurice Jacquemont. Theater of the Champs Elysées.
- Philippe Clay . Theater of the Innovations.
- the Barber of Seville . Theater of the Champs Elysées.
- Jules Romans, man of good will . Meetings of the Palais Royal.
- the Eaglet , put in scene Jean-Luc Tardieu. Festival of Anjou.
- Zoo of Vercors, put in scene Jean-Luc Tardieu. Space 44, Nantes.
- Oscar of Claude Magnier, put in scene Jacqueline Ox. Theater of the gold Head, Lyon.
- the merry Widow of Franz Lehar, put in scene Jean-Luc Tardieu. Opera of Rennes, Marseilles.
- an enemy of the people of Henrik Ibsen, put in scene Jean-Luc Tardieu. Space 44, Nantes.
- Of the rounds in water put in scene Jean-Luc Tardieu House of the Culture Loire-Atlantique, Nantes.
- the Voyage of Mr Perrichon of Eugene Labiche, put in scene Jean-Luc Moreau. Festival of Anjou.
- Of the rounds in water , put in scene Jean-Luc Tardieu. Arts center of Courbevoie, Montparnasse Theater, Montansier Theater, Versailles.
- the Weaker sex of Edouard Bourdet, put in scene Jean-Claude Brialy.
- Visits in Mister Green of Jeff Baron, put in scene Jean-Luc Tardieu.
- the Stopover of Paul Hengge, put in scene Stephan Meldegg
- 1951 : the Crime of Bouif of Andre Cerf
- 1954: Cancan of Jean Renoir.
- 1955 : 33 turns and then from go away of Henri Champetier (short-measuring)
- 1956: Notre-Dame de Paris of Jean Delannoy.
- 1956 : the Life is beautiful of Roger Pierre and Jean-Marc Thibault.
- 1957 : It arrived at 36 candles of Henri Diamond-Shepherd.
- 1957 : Nathalie of Christian-Jaque.
- 1958 : In broadside of Pierre Knight.
- 1958 : Of the women disappears from Edouard Molinaro.
- 1958 : Funny of phenomena of Robert Vernay.
- 1958 : Adorable neighbor ( Beautiful, Book and Candle ) of Richard Quine.
- 1958 : Parisian in spite of him (Totò has Parigi) Camillo Mastrocinque.
- 1958 : Sirs rounds of leather ( The Bureaucrats ) of Henri Diamond-Shepherd.
- 1959 : the Night of tracked the of Bernard Roland.
- 1959 : the Rabbles of Maurice Labro.
- 1960 : Do not touch with the blondes of Maurice Cloche.
- 1960 : In the water which makes bubbles of Maurice Delbez.
- 1962 : He was three flibustiers (I moschettieri LED pond) of Steno.
- 1964 : the Gentleman of Cocody of Christian-Jaque.
- 1966 : Police chief San Antonio of Guy Lefranc.
- 1966 : Here is the order of Jacques Baratier (short-measuring).
- 1967 : burned Heads of Willy Rozier.
- 1969: For a smile / Barbara of François Dupont-Midy.
- 1971 : Armiamoci E partite! / Like uccidere general dead a of Nando Cicero.
- 1972 : Not insane the wasp / Simple matter of time of Jean Delannoy.
- 1972 : the jolly fellows / You also Danton of Michel Gerard.
- 1972 : Insolates It of Jean-Claude Roy.
- 1974 : Shanks of William Castle.
- 1982 : Two hours minus the quarter before Jesus-Christ of Jean Yanne.
- 1982 : Hello the chip of Richard Balducci.
- 1983 : a good little devil of Jean-Claude Brialy.
- 1992 : Could It December 320 (moral tale) of Marcel Angosto (short-measuring).
- 1993 : Die Wilnis of Werner Masten.
- 1995 : Krim of Ahmed Bouchaala. " Cosmos" city;
- 1997 : Lautrec of Roger Planchon
- 1998: Tuvalu of Veit Helmer.
- 1998 : Cachetonneurs of Denis Dercourt
- 2002: Up there, a king above the clouds of Pierre Schoendoerffer
Since 1966 it turned in very many telefilms with in particular J. Kerchbron, J.C. Averty, J. Delannoy, E. Molinaro, Mr. Saraut, J. Dayan, F. Appédéris, Mr. Folgoas… and in the series the JAP . Lately, one saw Philippe Clay in:
- 1985 : the Knight of Pardaillan of Josée Dayan.
- 1995 Swedish Matches , episode Jacques Ertaud.
- Pasteur, 5 years of rage ; Luc Béraud.
- 1996 the War of the sheep ; Rémy Burkel .
- Rings of glory , Jean-Luc Miesch.
- the Bracket , Jean-Louis Benoit.
- 1997 Large Beke , Alain Maline.
- the Count of Assembles-Cristo of Josée Dayan.
- the Causse of Aspignac , François Barluet.
- Laws of hospitality , Luc Béraud.
- Marceeel!!! , Agnes Delarive.
- Bimillionnaire , Michael Perotta.
- 1998 the House of Alexina , Mehdi Charef.
- 2000 Of the crosses on the sea Luc Béraud.
- 2004 Father and Maire , episode n° 9.
- 2007: Dombais and wire of Laurent Jaoui.
|Random links:||PÃ¡gina de Bettie | Witch Hunter Robin | Boehringer-Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals | Santa Amalia | Dušan Basta | 1872 in Canada | Frontière_urbaine_de_croissance|