Philip Jones Arm Together
the set of coppers Philip Jones or London Brass ( The Philip Jones Arm Together English ) was founded by the Trompettiste English Philip Mark Jones in 1951.
HistoryBringing together best the soloists of the English music scene, it very quickly developed the music for copper. Music of the Rebirth to the music of today, the unit created good numbers of arrangement S or creations. A good part of these parts were published at Chester Music, in the collection “Just Brass”.
Type-setter S such as: Malcolm Arnold, Toru Takemitsu, Andre Previn, Witold Lutosławski, Michael Berkeley, Jim Parker, Gordon Langford, Einojuhani Rautavaara, Zsolt Durko, Elgar Howarth, Richard Rodney Bennett, Stephen Dodgson, Harrison Birtwistle, Léonard Salzedo, Raymond Prémru and still much of others, composed of works especially for the unit.
The Philip Jones Brass Together played in more than 30 countries, in particular the USA, the Italy, the France, the Suisse, the Egypt, the Brésil, the Japan, the Sweden, the Portugal, the Finland… and carried out the recording of more than 50 discs.
Since the death of its founder in 2000, it carries on its road under its new name, London Brass .
- Trumpet S: Philip Mark Jones - James Watson - Elgar Howarth - Michael Laird - Rod Frank - Nigel Gomm - Tim Hawes - Maurice Murphy - John Wallace - Peter Reeve - John Wilbraham - John Miller - Paul Archibald - Graham Ashton - Eric Bravington - Simon Ferguson - Joseph Atkins - Howard Snell - Crispan Steele-Perkins - Norman Archibald - Hake Rae - Sidney Ellison - Laurie Evans - Roy Copeskate - Stanley Woods - Bram Wiggins - Ian Wilson - Graham Withing - Peter White - Alan Stringer - Bruce Nockles - Donald Blakeson - Mark Emney - Arthur Fairlie - Trevor Green - Edward Hobart - William Houghton
- Horn S: Ifor James - Civil Alan - Frank Lloyd - Charles Gregory - John Pigneguy - Anthony Randall - Richard Bissell - Timothy Brown - Anthony Chiddell - Christopher Larkin - Barry Tuckwell - Michael Thompson - Anthony Halstead - James Buck - Denzil Floyd
- Trombone S: John Iveson - Roger Brown - Roger Brenner - Raymond Premru - Denis Wick - Roger Harvey - Christopher Mowat - Arthur Wilson Evan Watkin - David Purser - Lindsay Shilling - Stephen Sanders - Harold Nash - Eric Create - Peter Gane - Frank Matheson - Peter Goodwin - Peter Harvey - Derek James - David Whitson - Simon Wills.
- Euphonium : David Moore - John Clark
- Tuba S: John Wilson - John Fletcher - James Gourlay - Patrick Harrild - David Honeyball - John Jenkins - John Smith - David Powell
- Percussion: David Corkill - Gary Kettel - Nigel Packsaddlled - Tristan Fry - Michael Frye - Charles Fullbrook - Stephen Henderson - Terry Emery - John Chimes - Stalemate Brady - Hollow John - James Holland - Robert Howes
|Random links:||Cops (the Jura) | Julien Laharrague | Pierre Cazals | Guillaume V of Orange-Nassau | Britt Strandberg | Pape_John_XIV|