Philharmonic orchestra of London
The Philharmonic orchestra of London (in English: London Philharmonic Orchestra , often shortened in LPO ) is one of principal the symphony orchestras English. It is based with the Royal Festival Hall , with London.
HistoryFounded in 1932 by Thomas Beecham, the orchestra plays on October 7th of the same year, for the first time. In 1939, the orchestra self-manages and begins rounds through all Great Britain.
Great names were named with the head of the orchestra: Adrian Boult (1951-57), Bernard Haitink (1967-79) or Georg Solti (1979-83). In 2000, Kurt Masur officiates at this station of 2000 to 2007, year when the first chief invited Vladimir Jurowski is promoted with the head of the orchestra. Yannick Nézet-Séguin must become in its turn first chief invited in 2008.
RepertoryWith Klaus Tennstedt, the LPO recorded a remarkable integral of the symphonies of Gustav Mahler.
One can also quote the two last symphonies of Antonín Dvořák with Carlo Maria Giulini with the direction, several symphonies of Dmitri Chostakovitch with Bernard Haitink or the Variations Enigma of Edward Elgar with Adrian Boult.
Apart from the traditional repertory, the LPO recorded many film musics like Lawrence of Arabia , Philadelphia , Mission or the Lord of the Rings . One finds there also musics of video games like those of the series of the Dragon Quest or theoriginal one of the first episode of Xenosaga . The orchestra also sometimes took again great pieces of the popular Musique such as the album Corea Concerto of Chick Corea and Once of Nightwish. In the middle of the Nineties, the LPO carried out several homages to rock groups like Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin and The Who.
- Vladimir Jurowski (2007 -)
- Kurt Masur (2000 - 2007)
- Franz Welser-Möst (1990 - 2000)
- Klaus Tennstedt (1983 - 1990)
- Georg Solti (1979 - 1983)
- Bernard Haitink (1966 - 1979)
- John Pritchard (1962 - 1966)
- William Steinberg (1958 - 1960)
- Adrian Boult (1950 - 1957)
- Eduard van Beinum (1947 - 1950)
- Thomas Beecham (1932 - 1939)
- Official site of the orchestra
- Official site of the chorus of the LPO
Other London orchestras
- Symphony orchestra of London (London Symphony Orchestrated)
- royal Philharmonic orchestra (Royal Philharmonic Orchestra)
- English Chamber off Orchestrated
- Symphony orchestra of the BBC
- Orchestre of the age of the Lights (the Age off Enlightenment Orchestrated off)
- Academy St Martin in the Fields
- London Mozart Players
Simple: London Philharmonic Orchestrated
|Random links:||Hydnoraceae | Pierre Tchernia | The French Community of Belgium celebrates | Olympic Football Charleville Club | Qanawat | Francisco_de_Paula_Rodrigues_Alves|