See also: Hakes
BiographyIt began its very young career as an actor child and a model. In 1971, when it joined the group Genesis, it is already known as a beater. It has a brother, Clive, which are illustrator and a sister, Carol, which is professional skater.
In 1975, when the principal singer Peter Gabriel left the group, Collins took the head as a singer of it. Genesis was its greater successes during this period and, in 1986, the title Invisible Touch culminated at the head of the sales. In 1996, Collins announced that it left Genesis.
During the Years 1970, Phil Collins also played of the battery in the group of Jazz fusion Brand X. During Years 1980, it also played with Robert Plant and Tears for Fears groups it, and collaborated with musicians very known like George Harrison, Paul McCartney, Robert Plant, Eric Clapton, Mike Oldfield, and some others.
In 1981, while continuing its career in Genesis, Collins began a career solo with the album Face Been worth , number 1 in the British charts as of the first week of its publication ( Been worth Face will remain 6 years in Signal 75). With the title In The Air Tonight , he invents a new sound while incorporating in traditional battery of the recorded pre battery (Drum Machine). This technique was copied many times since by other type-setters. In 1985, it was one of the outstanding figures in the concert Live Aid during which it crossed the Atlantic in Concorde in order to take part in the two concerts of the program (the United Kingdom and the United States). It in parallel continued its career of actor while playing in the film Buster (1988) in which it played the part of Buster Edwards in the famous attack of a train in 1963.
Its sales records decreased considerably starting from the exit of Both Sides in 1993. The following exits will never reach again the levels of sale reached by its albums of the years 1980. The world total sales of the albums of Phil Collins, including those left by Genesis, reach the two hundred million roughly.
In 1999, Collins collaborates with Mark Mancina and Nicolas Faramia celebrates it on the Original soundtrack of Tarzan . Phil Collins sings in five languages certain titles of this original soundtrack, it receives a Oscar for the song You' L Be In My Heart .
In 2003, Disney again engaged Phil Collins to compose the Original soundtrack of another cartoon film, Frère of the bears .
Phil Collins does not read nor does not write the music in a conventional way, but uses her own marking system. He admitted these last years losing partially hearing of an ear and announced, in 2003, qu ' he would carry out a round of good-byes. Since, It joined Genesis in 2007 and embarked on a new round in summer in Europe and this autumn with the the United States and Canada (The Turn It One Again Tour).
Of its three marriages, it had five children of which his/her oldest son, Simon Collins, who is also musician and who published two albums. It has also an adopted girl, Joely, which are an actress re-elected in Canada, Lily, which is model, Nicolas and Mathew, its sons juniors.
- 1981 : Been worth Face
- 1982: Hello, I Must Be Going
- 1985: No Jacket Required
- 1987: 12" ers
- 1989 : Goal Seriously
- 1990: Serious Hits... Live!
- 1993 : Both sides
- 1996 : Dance into the Light
- 1998: Hits
- 2002 : Testify
- 2004 : The Platinum Collection
- 2004: Coils Songs: With Compilation… Old and New
Catalog of films
- 1964 : Four boys in the wind ( has Hardware Day' S Night ) (appearing)
- 1966: Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
- 1967: Calamity the Cow (Mike Lucas)
- 1986: Princes Trust Birthday Party (telefilm)
- 1988: Buster (Buster Edwards)
- 1989: The Who Live, Featuring the Rock Operated Tommy (telefilm) (uncle Ernie)
- 1991: Hook or the revenge of the Captain Hook (Good inspector)
- 1993: soldiers of the hope (film) (Eddie Papasano)
- 1993: Frauds (Roland Copping)
- 1994: Calliope (Jackson Dover)
- 1995: Balto wolfhound, hero of snows (voice of Muk and Luk)
- 2003: the Book of Jungle 2 (voice)
- 1977 : Genesis: In Band in Concert
- 1984: Against any waiting (song)
- 1988: Buster (songs)
- 1990: Phil Collins: The Individual Collection (video)
- 1993: The Who' S Tommy, the Amazing Journey (song Drum Duet )
- 1999: Musterknaben 2, Die (telefilm)
- 1999: Tarzan (songs)
- 2001: Moulin-Rouge! (song One More Night )
- 2002: Paid in Full (songs)
- 2003: Go' røv & go' weekend (televised series)
- 2003: Brother of the bears
Simple: Phil Collins
|Random links:||Coire | Burbach (Breidenbach) | Macka B | Christine Errath | Twilight Guardians | Mauve-foncé_(album)|