Phenomenon (film, 1996)
SynopsisGeorge Malley (John Travolta) is the ordinary mechanic of an ordinary small town of the the United States to the ordinary inhabitants. But the evening of his thirty-seventh birthday, this man with the peaceful existence is taken of an insatiable appetite of knowledge and is discovered unsuspected capacities and intellectual faculties. He launches out in clever scientific experiments. What causes mistrust and incomprehension around him. Only Laces, an young woman who recently settled in the city with her two children, seems to accept this metamorphosis. (in Allocine.com)
- original Title: Phenomena Phenomenon
- French Title: Phenomenon
- Realization: Jon Turteltaub
- Scenario: Gerald Di Pego
- Production: Barbara Boyle and Michael Taylor
- Budget: ?
- Music: Thomas Newman
- Photography: Phedon Papamichael
- Assembly: Bruce Green
- Decorations: ?
- Format: Colors - 2,35:1 - Dolby Surround - 35 mm
- Kind: Drama, lovesong and fantastic
- Lasted: 123 minutes
- Comings out date:
- John Travolta: George Malley
- Kyra Sedgwick: Lace Pennamin
- Tony Genaro: Tito
- Ellen Geer : Bonnie
- Forest Whitaker : Nate Pope
- Robert Duval: Doc.
- Jeffrey DeMunn: professor John Ringold
- Counterpart: “ There are many things in the life which one cannot explain ”.
- This film gained the Prices of the best actor (John Travolta) and that of the best supporting role (Forest Whitaker) at the time of the " Bolckbuster Entertainment Awards" from 1997.
- There exists also a Remake already diffused in 2003 on TF1 under same title (the USA: Phenomenon II ), an American telefilm (1h22) of Ken Olin, with Christopher Shyer which takes again the role of George Malley.
External bondCard-index IMDb
|Random links:||Mobil | The Community of communes | Corrosion | Desastre de la melaza de Boston | Lamanites | Catholic diocese of Stockholm | FC Hradec Kralové | Jamaal_Tinsley|