See also: Avesnes (homonymy)
It should not be confused with Avesnes, village of the Arrondissement of Montreuil-sur-Mer (Pas-de-Calais), nor with Avesnes-on-Helpe chief town of the Arrondissement of Avesnes-on-Helpe in the Northern .
Places and monuments
The Saint Nicolas's Day church rises in the bottom of the agglomeration, in the middle of the pleasure garden which replaced the cemetery. Except for a small chorus of XIIe century, it goes back to the rebuilding operated about 1574 per Adrien Morel, lord of Tangry, knight of the Council of Artois. The bell-tower-porch, of massive aspect, is confined watch towers placed on the buttresses of angle. Those had to be reinforced at the XVIIe century, during the construction of a stone arrow which crumbled in 1736. The porch, which has only the starters of its vault, is framed empty niches supported by curious decorated spiral columns of flowers.
UndergroundsA network of underground was discovered.
the old cemetery around the church was classified on September 2nd, 1937
- the church St Nicolas was classified on October 18th, 1910
Information resulting from: Mérimée, database of the Ministry for the culture
Personalities related to the commune
- Common of the Pas-de-Calais
- Avesnes-the-Count on the site of the national geographical Institute
- Avesnes-the-Count on the site of INSEE
- Avesnes-the-Count on the site of Quid
- Localization of Avesnes-the-Count on a chart of France and communes bordering
- Plane on Avesnes-the-Count on Mapquest
- Of the photographs of the undergrounds
|Random links:||Hill Santa Lucia of Santiago of Chile | Tourism in Gard | Christina of Norway | To bread | Eras|