Of Latin pax , the Paix indicates usually a state of calm or peace like an absence of disturbance, agitation or conflict. She is universally regarded as an ideal.
In the collective plan, the peace thus indicates the absence of Violence or Guerre between human groups. In this direction, peace between the nations is the objective many men and organizations like late SDN or current UNO. In this meaning, certain ideologies as the Nazisme reject the peace, which softens the men, and on the contrary, exaltent the Guerre. A good counterexample is the " village of the paix" of Firn Shalom - Wahat ace Salam which works for peace between Israelis and Palestinian.
In the individual plan, the peace also indicates a personal frame of mind, of anger, fear, and more generally free from negative feelings. She is thus wished for oneself and possibly for the others, at the point to become a greeting ( peace is on you , salam alei kum in Arabic, shalom in Hebrew) or a goal of life.
The articulation between peace and its opposite (war, violence, conflict, anger, etc) is one of the keys of many doctrines, nuns or policies, fundamental key although generally not clarifies.
- Passage of peace to the war (...)
- Passage of the war to peace : to see Léthé
To know which is the state natural or original of the Man (peaceful or violent one), and how it passes from the one to the other, conditions indeed:
- the statute of the individual, (deer to be overcome? slave to be released?), particularly in its young age (ideal to find? or animal to be supervised?), but as as major (egoistic predator, as the company and the state must supervise? or peaceful person in charge, who will call upon the police force only to be denied abuse?)
- training of the children (respective share of the education and Teaching, duration, etc).
- acceptable means (force as rough as that of the rebellious violent one, or liberal softness?)
- the value of civilization (corrupting of the good savage or alleviating barbarian ?)
- the statute and the place of organizations (state, companies, trade unions, etc): vermin to be destroyed, less evils necessary, or pillars of the system?
- the absolute and relative place of the material and spiritual activities (up to what point are, for the maintenance or the acquisition of peaces, essential, useful, useless, or harmful?)
In the yi-king, the hexagramme opposed to that of peace is that of the stagnation. Symbolically, that indicates that peace is not an absolute, but a permanent research. And that the conflict is not the opposite of peace. It is advisable in a step of peace to transform the conflict, not to remove it. The non-violent steps incarnate this step of peaceful transformation of the conflict.
As the preamble to UNESCO indicates it “it is in the spirit of the men that are born the wars, it is in their spirit that it is necessary to set up defenses of peace”.
During last years, several universities of peace were founded, like the Université of peace of UNO, with Costa Rica (UPEACE), the university of the peace of Brasilia (UNIPAZ), or the Université of Peace of Namur. They exempt a teaching which makes it possible to become aware of the individual action on peace, and of the collective impact of this action (chief of work of peace inspired by the trade-guild with UNIPAZ). These formations touch interior, social and environmental ecology.
|Random links:||Milhouse Van Houten | Shelley Buckner | Demography of Herault | Héctor Faubel | Rakinac | Lucent_Technologies_(vieille_compagnie)|