He is preserving assistant of the manuscripts of the National library, elected member of the Académie of the inscriptions and the humanities in 1837, and professor with the Collège de France, where he is titular pulpit of language and literature Frenchwomen of the Middle Ages of 1853 with 1872. He is also Member of the Commission of the École of the charters, member of the Company of the French bibliophiles, Officer of the Legion of Honor and about Léopold.
He published the many ones of editions of the literary productions of the Middle Ages: tales of chivalry, chansons de geste, chronicles, correspondences. It in particular also translated complete works of Lord Byron.
Paulin Paris is the father of the palaeographer Gaston Paris, who succeeded to him the Collège de France.
- Correspondence of the king Charles IX and the sior of Mandelot, governor of Lyon, during the year 1572, time of the massacre of the St. Bartholomew's Day Massacre. Letter of the Sixteen with the king d' Espagne Philippe II, year 1591 (1830)
- Li black and white Novels of Berte aus grans, published for the 1st time and preceded by a letter with Mr. de Monmerqué on the novels of the twelve pars (1832)
- Li Novels of Garin Loherain, published for the first time and preceded by the examination of the system of Mr. Fauriel on the Carolingian novels by Paulin Paris (1832)
- Li Novels by Garin Loherain, published for the first time and preceded by the examination of the system of Mr. Fauriel on the novels carlovingiens by Mr. P. Paris (2 volumes, 1833-1835)
- Large Chronicles of France, according to whether they are preserved in the Church of Saint-Denis (5 volumes, 1836-1838)
- the Manuscripts François of the Library of the king, their history and that of the German texts, anglois, hollandois, Italian, Spanish of the same collection (8 volumes, 1836-1838)
- Of the conqueste of Constantinople, edition made on lately recognized manuscripts, by * , poem Chansons de geste of XIIe and XIIIe century: opening of the language class and literature speech of the Middle Ages, marked on December 6th, 1858 (1859)
- Adventures of Renart Master and Ysengrin his accomplice, put in new language, told in a new order and followed new research on the Romance of Renart (1861)
- complete Collection of poetries of Saint-Pavin, including/understanding all the known parts until now and a greater number of new parts (1861)
- Chronic of the crusades. The Song of Antioche, made up in XIIe century, by Richard the Pilgrim, renewed by Graindor of Douai to XIIIe century (1862)
- literary History of France, where one treats origin and progress, decline and re-establishment of sciences among the Gallic ones and François by monks Benedictines of the Congregation of S. Maur (published inter alia by Paulin Paris, 13 volumes, 1865-1869)
- the Novels of the Roundtable, put in new language and accompanied by research on the origin and the character of these great compositions (5 volumes, 1868-1877)
- the Book by see-known as of Guillaume de Machaut, where the loves of Lord Guillaume de Machaut are told and of Silly goose rams of Armentières, with the letters and the answers, the ballades, alluvium and rondos of the known as Guillaume and the Silly goose, published on three manuscripts of XIVe century (1875)
- general Histoire of the crusades by the contemporary authors, Guillaume de Tyr and his continuators. French text of XIII S. re-examined by Paulin Paris (2 volumes, 1879)
- Studies on François first, king de France, on his private life and its reign, by Paulin Paris, published according to the manuscript of the author and accompanied by a foreword, by Gaston Paris (2 volumes, 1885)
- Lancelot of the Lake, novel of the Roundtable put in new language by Paulin Paris (1958)
- Robert Benson: Newspaper of the last momens of Luc Antonio Viterbi, held by itself in the prison of Bastia where it was let die of hunger in 1821 (1826)
- Lord Byron: Don Juan, héroï-comic poem in sixteen songs, translated and preceded by the life of Lord Byron, by Alexis-Paulin Paris, with notes and comments (3 volumes, 1827)
- Lord Byron: complete Works of Lord Byron, with notes and comments, including/understanding its memories published by Thomas Moore, new translation by Mr. Paulin Paris, (13 volumes, 1830-1831)
- Genealogy of Paulin Paris
|Random links:||Nectariniidae | Salmagne | Rablay-on-tailboard | FIAT 524 | Microsoft Silverlight | Renforceur_(la_génétique)|