Paul Marie Spirit of Bourdonnaye
Paul Spirit Marie of Bourdonnaye , marquis of Bourdonnaye and count of Blossac born on August 29th, 1716 in Rennes and deceased on February 18th, 1800 with Goven. He is the son of Louis Gabriel of Bourdonnaye (1691-1729) and of Francoise Charlotte Ferret of Tymeur (1692-1758). He marries on May 3rd, 1740 in the Church Sulpice Saint of Paris Madeleine Louise Peltier of Houssaye (1723-1764) of which he will have 8 children.
To advise at the Parliament of Paris in 1737, Master of the requests in 1742, it is Intendant of Poitou of 1750 with 1784. It acquired there the reputation of one of the most skilful administrators of its time.
To give work to the poor workmen, during one year of food shortage, he undertook the splendid walk of Blossac, at the entry of which still very beautiful remains roast surmounted its weapons, and where a statue was set up to him in 1924. It equipped the cities with the area of walks which always bear its name (Chatellerault, Fontenay, Saint-Maixent, Lusignan, Miss).
He encouraged agriculture (culture of the mulberry tree, breeding of the worms with silk), arts (art school created by Boucher in Poitiers), industry (cotton manufacture). Its action in the province was considerable, and its departure caused unanimous regrets.
He emigrated in Brussels in 1790, after the plundering of his castle of Blossac by a horde of 600 individuals. He returned to France in 1792, resided at Paris, then in Rouen.
Decree on Thermidor 3 year II, it was led to the caretaker's lodge the 6, then, the 13, at the house of stop of Plessis. Saved by the reaction of Thermidor, it was released the 19 vendémiaire year III, went back food to Rouen at its nephew Bret, and could return in Blossac only to the lifting of the sequestration on its goods, in 1797. It completed its life in this residence which it had deeply altered between 1760 and 1770.
It creates parks with Poitiers and Lusignan on the site of the strong castle.
The park of Blossac is one of the most beautiful parks of Poitiers and the neighborhoods. Finished in 1770, it is bordered in the south and the east by the ramparts of the city. Garden with the Frenchwoman, it is crossed by perfectly rectilinear alleys and is primarily planted Tilleul S of Holland. In 1905, a “garden English” was created with the north-western angle of the park. The park of Blossac shelters a small zoological garden with deer tribe, Coati S and a beautiful collection of birds. C´est a splendid park.
|Random links:||Diego Tristán | Big shot Lambro | Alfred Duggan | Cameronian legislative elections of 2007 | Jacques Cappel | Dooling,_la_Géorgie|