BiographyGraduate of HEC Paris, the Institute of political studies of Paris of the National school of administration (promotion Leon Blum), and having a diploma of Higher learning of right, it began his career in the public office, with the General inspection of finances (June 1975 - 1979) and with the Treasury (1979 to 1981). He was assistant General secretary Inter-ministerial committee of industrial reorganization (CIRI).
Member of the French Socialist party since 1969 and member of his Management Committee of 1985 with 1994, it was then to advise Minister for the economy and finances, Jacques Delors (April 1981 - July 1984) and assistant editor of the Cabinet of the Prime Minister, Pierre Mauroy (1983 - 1984).
Member of the office of the French section of the European Movement international of April 1995 with September 1999. Member of honor of this same organization of the February 2nd 2002 with the January 29th 2005.
He exerted the functions of principal private secretary of the president of the European commission, Jacques Delors, of 1984 with 1994, of which he was besides the collaborator with the G7. He is then managing director of the Crédit Lyonnais which he contributes to rectify until his privatization in 1999. He returns then to Brussels to occupy the station of European Commissioner to the trade under the presidency of Romano Prodi.
With the support of the government of Jean-Pierre Raffarin and in particular of Jacques Chirac, he is elected the May 26th 2005 managing director of the World Trade organization (OMC). Its taking of is effective since September 1st 2005 for a Mandat 4 years.
Other affiliations and distinctionsMember of Board of Institute for East West Studies until 1995, whose honorary president is George Bush father, he is also member of the Board of directors of ODC (Overseas Development Council - Washington) until September 1999.
From 1996 to 1998 included, Pascal Lamy was member of the Europe branch of the RAND Corporation (RAND Europe Advisory Board).
It takes part very regularly in the Bilderberg meeting (2000, 2001,2003 and 2005), think tank bringing together the most influential heads of undertakings on planet.
He is currently the honorary president of the Institut of international relations and strategic, of which he had been chairman of the board until September 1999. In the same way, after having been president of the think tank Our Europe (2004-05), he is the honorary president today.
According to the list stopped at November 11th, 2003, he is member of the scientific Committee of orientation of the association founded by Michel Rocard and Dominique Strauss-Kahn, On the left in Europe. He is also member of the Council of Orientation of association In Real-time.
Lamy is also member of the board of directors and of Praesidium of the think tank the Friends of Europe, member of the advisory committee of Transparency International, was member of the Office and treasurer of association " International Transparency France".
He was also president of the Prospective Commission of the MEDEF until September 1999.
Named in July 1999 member of the Office of association the Century of which he was treasurer.
Fervent supporter of economic and financial universalization, it works under the aegis of OMC for Multilateral agreement on the investment (FRIENDLY) like on General agreement on the trade of the services (AGCS).
- 1991: Cross of Large Officer of the Merit of the Federal Republic of Germany
- 1995: Commander of the national order of the Luxembourg merit
- 1999: Officer of the Legion of honor
- 2000: Officer about the Gabonese merit
- 2003: Honorary doctor by the the University of Louvain (Belgium)
- 2003: Order of the Aztec Eagle (Mexico)
- 2004: Decorated about the Chilean Merit
- the democracy world: for another total governorship (Threshold, 2004)
- Europe in first line (Threshold, 2002)
- Europe of our wills with Jean Pisani-Ferry (Plon, 2002)
- World-Europe (Dunod, 1993)
- Biography on the site of OMC
- Declaration of interest following its nomination as European Commissioner
- Lamy seen by Raoul-Marc Jennar
- Speech with OMC, lists speeches of Pascal Lamy as a Managing director of OMC
- Blog, the blog of Pascal Lamy during the sixth Ministerial conference of OMC in HongKong, in December 2005
- Blog '' “Ideas for the development” '', whose Pascal Lamy is joint editor
|Random links:||Amon-Re | Spike Lee | Chris Hülsbeck | Ivan Bošnjak | Athis-on-Barley treaty | Adventures of Oscar | Montagne_Roan,_Tennessee|