PresentationMatador of a great elegance, courageous, follower of the openings has carried gayola , large Banderillero , it was one of principal the appeared of the Seventies and beginning of the year 80.
Of its first union with Dyed with carmine Ordóñez, girl of the famous matador Antonio Ordóñez, were born two wire, both today matadors: Francisco Will rivet Ordóñez and Cayetano Rivera Ordóñez “Cayetano”.
After its divorce, he had married in second weddings the singer Isabel Pantoja.
The September 26th 1984, in the arenas of Pozoblanco (Spain, Province of Cordoue), it was very seriously wounded by the bull “Avispado” of the Ganadería of Sayalero there Bandres. The local doctors, thrown into a panic by the gravity of the wounds and realizing that they did not lay out of the hardware requirement to operate, decided to transport “Paquirri” by ambulance to the hospital of Cordoue. It was to die during the way. This death caused a true seism in the world of the bullfight: in 1984, one could still die in the arena because of an insufficient medical cover!
- Beginnings in Novillada without picadors: August 1962 with Barbate (Spain, province of Cadiz); bulls of Nuñez Polavieja.
- Beginnings in novillada with picadors: June 28th 1964 in Cadiz; bulls of the marquis de Villamarta.
- Alternate: August 11th 1966 with Barcelona; godfather Paco Camino, witness El Viti; bulls of Urquijo de Federico.
- Confirmation of alternative to Madrid: May 18th 1967; godfather Paco Camino, witness Jose Fuentes.
1962 to 1964: About thirty novilladas without picadors.
- 1965 and 1966: 19 novilladas with picadors.
- 1968: 68 bullfights.
- 1972 : 86 bullfights (first of the Escalafón).
- 1973: 67 bullfights.
- 1974: 80 bullfights.
- 1975: 72 bullfights.
- 1982: 42 bullfights.
- 1983: 37 bullfights.
- 1984: 50 bullfights.