Accessin car: highway A7 Marseilles direction starting from Lyon
in train: line FOR THE THIRD TIME Lyon Vaise-Givors City
in bus: to borrow the Public transport Lyons (TCL)
The commune owes its development with the establishment of an important workshop of maintenance by the company Ferroviaire PLM in 1832, like with the later installation of glassmakings. One finds also traces of Aqueduc S Romans by place.
the history of the mayors of Oullins on francegenweb.org
General adviser: Jean-Louis Ubaud
The census of 1806 takes into account the inhabitants of the hamlet of Pierre-Bénite, depending then on the commune of Oullins.
The city has an antenna of the Chamber of commerce and industry of Lyon.
Places and monumentsConstructions of the end of the 15th century (example: Fairyhood).
Constructions Rebirth: School Saint-Thomas d' Aquin (classified Historic building and old residence of summer of the cardinals of Lyon), castle of Bussière, House of Cadière built in 1492 (of which the gallery external is classified historic building).
Town hall, built in 1903 by the Lyons architect Clapot, located in main street of Oullins.
Religious heritageSaint Martin's day church on the place Anatole France.
Civil inheritanceContemporary architectural heritage: urban units dating from XIXe and XXe centuries (Montmein, Quoted Jacquard…). Many frontages painted by the association Quoted of Creation. The mural fresco of the Rebirth was one of the first of the region of Lion. It evokes the big number of railwaymen in the district.
Chabrières park. This park and its villa were given to the commune by their owner in order to create a college of young girls. He was disciple of the Childish Père, a socialist utopian.
Oullins is famous for its variety of plums " greengages ".
Personalities related to the commune
- Claude Jordery (1876 - 1945), deputy and mayor of Oullins (SFIO), belonged to the eighty members of Parliament who refused to give the full powerss to the Maréchal Pétain on July 10th, 1940. He died in deportation in 1945.
- Victor Orsel (1795 - 1850), painter born in Oullins.
- Francoise Guégot, appointed Second district of the Seine-Maritime
- Cecile Siméone, presenter TV, actress, actress, managing shop " Simone" (ready-made clothes) in Lyon.
- Rene the Cane (1919 - 2000), Gangster
- Common of the Rhone
- Official site of the town hall
general Sites on the communes:
- GenCom the site of the communes for and by the genealogists
- Oullins on the site of the national geographical Institute
- Oullins on the site of INSEE
- Oullins on the site of Quid
- Localization of Oullins on a chart of France and common limitrophes
|Random links:||Presidents of the Vanuatu | Barly (Pas-de-Calais) | Equip with Nicaragua of football | Gil-fathers | Rita Wilden | Delmar,_New_York|