The October 9th is the 282e Jour of the Année (283e in the event of Leap year) of the Gregorian Calendrier. There remain 83 days before the end of the year.
1 to 1900
- 1238 : Jacques Ier d' Aragon makes its entry in the town of Valence, capital of the Royaume of Valence
- 1595: The Spanish army takes Cambrai.
- 1652 : the England enters in war with the United Provinces.
- 1683 : Louis XIV wife Madam de Maintenon.
- 1760 : The Russian seize Berlin.
- 1801 : The Turkey sign with the France a treaty which restores to him the Egypt
- 1804: The capital of the Tasmanie, Hobart is founded
- 1806: The Prussia declares the war with the France
- 1820: Guayaquil (town of Ecuador) proclaims its independence.
- 1824 : The Congress of the Costa Rica accepts finally that is applied the federal decree of the April 17th 1824 abolishing the Esclavage.
- 1854 : Beginning of the long seat of the town of Sébastopol which will last 11 months until the September 12th 1855. During the winter, the belligerents engage of the peace negotiations.
- 1874 : Creation of the General union of the stations.
- 1876 : The Britannique Alexandre Graham Bell tests the first phone line.
- 1890 : First flight of the plane Éole of the French engineer Clement Ader, which succeeds in making rise his machine with 20 centimetres above it ground and traversing 50 meters.
- 1943 : Creation of the XVIIIe American airborne body of the United States Army
- 1945: Foundation of ENA.
- 1962 : The Uganda takes its independence of the the United Kingdom.
- 1975 : Nobel Prize of peace for the Russian physicist Andrei Dmitrievitch Sakharov
- 1981: Abolition of the Capital punishment in France
- 1997: Dissolution of the marriage of the princess Caroline of Monaco and Philippe Junot
- 1997: Laurent Jalabert, cyclist French, becomes world champion of the against-the-watch cyclist to Saint-Sebastien
- 2006 : The North Korea announces its first nuclear test succeeded. Ban Ki-moon is designated as next general secretary of UNO.
- 1727: Etienne-Charles de Loménie de Brienne, cardinal and politician French († February 19th 1794)
- 1735: The duke Charles Guillaume Ferdinand of Brunswick, ordering the Prussian army which invades the France in 1792
- 1757: Charles X, future king of France
- 1835: Camille Saint-Saëns, French type-setter
- 1859: Alfred Dreyfus (see the Business Dreyfus), († 1935)
- 1873: Karl Schwarzschild, German astrophysicist
- 1881: Victor Klemperer, German philologist
- 1888: Nikolaï Boukharine, intellectual, revolutionist and Soviet politician († March 13rd 1938)
- 1894: Hagop Arakelian, French make-up man of cinema.
- 1906 : Léopold Sédar Senghor, statesman Senegal board, poet, essay writer, politician and academician French
- 1907: Jacques Tati, realizer and actor French († November 5th 1982)
- 1918: Edgard Pisani, French politician
- 1921: Tadeusz Różewicz, writer Polish
- 1924: Robert A. Rushworth, astronaut of USAF († March 17th 1997)
- 1926: Daniele Delorme, actress and producing of cinema Frenchwoman
- 1936: Nicole Croisille, singer and French actress
- 1940: John Lennon, singer, guitarist and founding member of the Beatles († December 8th 1980)
- 1944: John Entwistle, British musician of rock'n'roll († June 27th 2002)
- 1944: Peter Tosh, singer of Reggae
- 1947: France Gall, singer of pop
- 1952: Pierre Jolivet, realizer, actor and scenario writer French
- 1953: Denis Dufour, Type-setter and Teacher French of Instrumental music, acousmatic electroacoustic and
- 1957: Iouri Ousatchev, Russian cosmonaut
- 1958: Al Jourgensen, Singer, Guitarist, American Claviériste . Leader of the group Ministry.
- 1959 : Alain the Usher, realizer, producer and type-setter French
- 1960: Guylaine Tremblay, Québécois actress
- 1969: PJ Harvey, British singer
- 1975: Sean Lennon
- 1986: Laure Manaudou, French swimmer
- 1469 : FRA Filippo Lippi, Italian painter. (° 1406)
- 1771: Jan Klemens Branicki, general Polish (° September 21st 1689)
- 1799: Mgr Pigneau de Behaine, man of the church and diplomat French (° November 2nd 1741), who played a great part in the growing influence of the France in Cochinchine and Annam at the end of the XVIIIe century.
- 1906 : Joseph Glidden, farm inventive American of the Barbed (° 1813)
- 1934: The king Alexandre Ier of Yugoslavia
- 1934: Louis Barthou, minister French of the Foreign affairs
- 1945: Pierre Laval, former president of the council
- 1958: Pie XII, Pope
- 1967: Ernesto Guevara, known as Che , Argentinian revolutionist and former minister for the cuban government
- 1970: Jean Giono, writer
- 1973: Rosetta Tharpe, singer
- 1974: Oskar Schindler, Czechoslovakian industrialist who obtained the title of Juste among the Nations
- 1978: Jacques Brel, author, type-setter, interprets Belgian
- 1984: Lew Christensen, dancer, choreographer and American ballet master
- 1988: Felix Wankel, German engineer in automobile mechanics (° August 13rd 1902)
- 1999: Milt Jackson, vibraphonist and improviser of Jazz
- 2003: Maxime Brunfaut, architect schaerbeekois, (central station of Brussels)
- 2004: Jacques Derrida, philosopher
- 2006: Marek Grechuta, singer, type-setter and lyric writer Polish (° December 10th 1945)
- Uganda: Celebrates independence
- world Journée of the post office
Catholic saints of the day
- Denis of Paris
Beats-smg: Spalė 9 Be-X-old: 9 кастрычніка Fiu-vro: 9. rehekuu päiv Nds-nl: 9 oktober Simple: October 9 Zh-yue: 10 月 9 號
|Random links:||Equip with Finland of female football | Ekaitza | Company Bodecker & Neander | Musicalta | 139e regiment of infantry of line|