The October 3rd is the 276e Jour of the Année (277e in the event of Leap year) of the Gregorian Calendrier. There remain 89 days before the end of the year.
- -42 - First Battle of Philippe: Triumvirs Marc Antoine and Octave Auguste fights the assassins of César in a decisive battle Brutus and Cassius.
1 to 1900
- 610 : Beginning of the reign of Héraclius, which reverses Phocas.
- 1565 : Arthus of With a grid-Brézé, lord of Brézé, accommodates in its Château of Brézé, which it has just made rebuild in style Renaissance, the king Charles IX and Catherine de Médicis.
- 1569 : Battle of Montcontour between the royal army and the Huguenot S French.
- 1574 : William of Orange raises the seat of Leyde.
- 1862 : Beginning of the Battle of Corinth (the Mississippi) northerner decisive victory during the American Civil War
- 1866: The Traité of Vienna puts an end to the war between the Austria and the Italy.
- 1906 : Adoption of S.O.S, like international hazard warning signal, by the Radiotelegraphic International convention of Berlin
- 1914: A first Canadian battalion (of 32.000 men) takes the boat to go to fight in Europe.
- 1918 : The Germany and the Austria address a note to the the United States to require a Armistice.
- 1920: First edition of the Price of the Triumphal arch.
- 1928 : The Sous-marin Ondine runs, assessment 43 dead
- 1929: The kingdom serbo-Croat-Slovenien becomes the Yugoslavia
- 1932: The Iraq obtains its independence of the the United Kingdom
- 1935: The Italy attacks the Ethiopia.
- 1940 : The French Council of Ministers decides on a law anti-semite (see: Laws on the statute of the Jews).
- 1941 : Hitler announces that the Soviet Union was overcome and will never be raised.
- 1942 : First German ballistic missile
- 1945: First appearance in public of Elvis Presley, it was 10 years old
- 1952: Explosion of the British first atomic bomb .
- 1966 : Independence of the Lesotho, old British colony of Basutoland
- 1968: The army shoots at students with Mexico City: 43 died, a hundred seriously injureds.
- 1969: Creation by the Member States of the the IMF of the Drawing right special (SDR), first monetary system nonfounded on gold.
- 1971 : Placing in orbit of the Soviet probe Luna 19
- 1977: Mrs. Indira Gandhi, Indian Prime Minister, is challenged with New Delhi, on charge of Corruption.
- 1980 : Attack against the Synagog of the street Copernic, with Paris: 4 died and 20 wounded.
- 1987 : Putsch with the Burundi, where the colonel Jean-Baptiste Bagaza is reversed by the major Pierre Buyoya.
- 1988 : Following a violent one storm, a muddy water tide devastates Nimes: 11 died, 1 missing.
- 1990 :
- Day of the official Reunification in Germany. It counts from now on nearly 80 million inhabitants.
- Agreement soviéto - American on the reduction of the conventional armaments in Europe.
- 1992 : The first Turnip giant party Thunderdome, reference forever of the music hardcore.
- 1993 : The operation Restore Hope is a failure in Somalia
- 1995: End of the lawsuit of O.J. Simpson
- the Serbia and the Bosnia-Herzégovine decide to establish “full and whole diplomatic relations” and envisage the “total freedom of circulation without visa” between the two countries.
- With Madrid (Spain), alternate of Jose Ignacio Uceda Leal, Spanish Matador.
- 2000 : National funeral of Pierre Elliott Trudeau, Prime Minister of Canada of the April 20th 1968 with the June 3rd 1979 and of the March 3rd 1980 with the June 30th 1984, in the Notre-Dame Basilica of Montreal chaired by the cardinal Jean-Claude Turcotte, archbishop of Montreal.
- the pope Jean-Paul II proclaims happy Charles de Habsbourg (1887-1922) emperor of Austria
- the pope Jean-Paul II proclaims happy Anne-Catherine Emmerick (1774-1824), religious allemande
- Annular eclipse of Sun partial in France in the morning, entirely visible in Spain, Algeria, Tunisia, Libya, Sudan, Ethiopia, Kenya
- Beginning of the negotiations of the Turkey and the Croatia for their adhesion with the European Union.
- After 41 years spent behind the bars, more the former prisoner of France, Lucien Leger, held for the abduction and the assassination of a 11 year old boy, is released.
- 1755 : Claude-François Duprès, Brigadier general French in the armies of the Revolution and the Empire. († July 21st 1808).
- 1784 : Johann Karl Ehrenfried Kegel, agronomist and German explorer. († 1863)
- 1830: Albert Charles Lewis Günther herpetologist and British ichtyologist of German origin († March 15th 1914).
- 1858 : Eleonora Nozzle, egery of the poet Gabriele D' Annunzio. († April 21st 1924).
- 1867 : Pierre Bonnard, painter French.
- 1870 : Alexandre Varenne, French politician († 1947)
- 1884: Rajendra Prasad, Indian statesman.
- 1886 : Alain-Baker, writer French and soldier.
- 1889 : Carl von Ossietzky, Nobel Prize of peace of 1935
- 1897: Louis Aragon, writer, poet and novelist French († 1982)
- 1899: Louis Hjelmslev, linguist Danish († 1965)
- 1916 : James Herriot, veterinary surgeon and British writer († February 23rd 1995)
- 1922: Jean Lefebvre, French actor.
- 1923 : Stanisław Skrowaczewski, Leader and Type-setter Polish
- 1925: Gore Vidal, American writer.
- 1928 : Alvine Toffler, essay writer states-unien
- 1935: Charles Duke, American astronaut
- 1936: Steve Reich, musician and American type-setter
- 1941: Chubby Checker, American singer
- 1943: Jean-Pierre Richaud, large phycisien and French chemist
- 1944: Jean-Jacques Lanquetot, engineer, adventurer, French
- 1949: Paulette Guinchard-Kunstler, political woman French.
- 1951 : Kathy Sullivan, American astronaut
- 1954: Stevie Ray Vaughan, guitarist of blues († 1990)
- 1955: David Silveti, Mexican Matador .
- 1962 : “Espartaco” (Juan Antonio Ruiz Román), Spanish Matador .
- 1964 : Clive Owen, English actor
- 1969: Gwen Stefani, American singer , member of No Doubt.
- 1973 : Neve Campbell, Canadian actress .
- 1973 : Ingrid Chauvinistic, French actress .
- 1976 : Sean William Scott American actor
- 1980: Toph Co-organizer of the Emission without interdict
- 1982: “El Juli” (Julián López Escobar), Spanish Matador .
- 1983 : Fred, Brazilian footballer.
- 1226 : Holy François d' Assise
- 1763: Auguste III, king of Poland (° October 17th 1696)
- 1853: George Onslow, French type-setter (° 1784)
- 1896: William Morris, painter, writer and British decorator
- 1914: Joseph Déchelette, French archeologist (° 1862), precursor of the ancient ceramology
- 1967: Woody Guthrie, American singer of folk (° July 14th, 1912)
- 1975: Guy Mollet, French politician (° December 31st 1905)
- 1981: Tadeusz Kotarbiński, philosopher Polish (° March 31st 1886)
- 1987: Jean Anouilh, writer, dramatic author and director
- 1990: Stefano Casiraghi, husband of the princess Caroline of Monaco
- 1995: Charles L. Veach, American astronaut (° September 18th 1944)
- 1999: Akio Morita, cofounder of Sony
- 2000: Wojciech Has, realizer Polish
- 2004: Janet Leigh, actress in particular of Psychosis and the Thirst for the evil
- 2005: Guillaume Dustan, writer
Catholic and orthodoxe saints of the day
Saying of the day“In the Saint-Gerard, harvest is still randomly. ”
Beats-smg: Spalė 3 Be-X-old: 3 кастрычніка Fiu-vro: 3. rehekuu päiv Nds-nl: 3 oktober Simple: October 3 Zh-yue: 10 月 3 號
|Random links:||Historia de Jamaica | Mahalon | Invertebrates on stamps of the Bahamas | Portaaviones invencible de la clase | (163693) 2003 CP20 | Kevin Murphy | German idealism | Within Deep Dark Chambers|