The October 2nd is the 275e Jour of the Année (276e in the event of Leap year) of the Gregorian Calendrier. There remain 90 days before the end of the année.
1 to 1900
- 1187 : Saladin takes again Jerusalem with Cross the
- 1318: Sicard II of Lescure and its Suzerain, the Pope Jean XXII, addresses vigorous protests to the Sénéchal of Toulouse, Béraud de Solomiac, because of the intentions of Robert d' Artois, count de Beaumont, to found a country house with Arthès. Robert d' Artois will arrive to his ends ten years later.
- 1341 : The archbishop of Arles Gasbert de Valle (or of the Valley ) is named archbishop of Narbonne by the pope Benoît XII, of which there remains the Camérier.
- 1370 : Bertrand of Guesclin becomes Connétable of France
- 1455: The Diet of Neustadt approves the principle of a crusade against the Turks, after the catch of Constantinople by the sultan Mehmed II the Conqueror the May 29th 1453.
- 1492 : Henri VII of England, anxious of the power of Charles VIII, which attached Brittany to its kingdom, invades the France
- 1518: The Wolsey Cardinal works out the Peace of London, between the England, the France, the emperor Maximilien Ier, the Spain and the papacy.
- 1700 : The king d' Espagne Charles II (39 years), feeling decreased, writes a will allotting the Spain to the duke of Anjou, grandson of Louis XIV.
- 1804 : The English population is mobilized to be opposed to a project of unloading of Napoleon.
- 1823 : Ferdinand VII, restored by the French on the throne of Spain, promulgates decrees for the execution of its adversaries.
- 1859 : With Seville (Spain), alternative second of Jose María Sandpapers, Spanish Matador. He had taken of it a first with Madrid (Spain) the August 3rd 1856.
- 1870 : With a vast majority the Romans, after Referendum, vote for the adhesion of their city to the Italy which will become thus the capital of the country.
- 1889 : Meeting of the first Pan-American conference with Washington.
1924 : The Société of the Nations adopts the protocol of Geneva on the Pacific regulation of the international conflicts.
- 1928 : With Madrid, foundation of the Opus Dei by Josémaria Escriva de Balaguer, canonifié since.
- 1932 : The report/ratio Lytton on the Mandchourie recognizes the private interests of the Japan and recommends the creation of a State autonomous, under Chinese sovereignty but controlled by the Japan.
- 1935 : The Italy NS invade Ethiopia
- 1941: Beginning of a great military offensive Nazi against Moscow.
- 1958 : Independence of the Guinea.
- 1963 : Coup d'etat to the Honduras
- 1972: By Referendum, the Denmark enters the EEC
- 1983: The Grameen Bank, pionnière of the Microcrédit is founded
- Creation of the radio station Fun Radio
- With the death of the actor Rock'n'roll Hudson, the whole world discovers the AIDS.
- 1986 : François Mitterrand refuses to sign the ordinance S on the electoral Découpage.
- 1990 : A Boeing 737 Chinese which was diverted strikes 2 planes while landing with Canton. One deplores 127 dead.
- 1997 : The European Union sign the Treated of Amsterdam, which replaces the Traité of Maastricht.
- 2003: John Maxwell Coetzee, South-African writer, receives the Nobel Prize of literature.
- 1581: Juan Ruiz de Alarcón, Mexican playwright of Spanish ascent . († August 4th 1639).
- 1741 : Augustin Barruel, French publicity agent († October 5th 1820)
- 1754: Louis-Gabriel de Bonald, French évrivain, academician († November 23rd 1840)
- 1847: Paul von Hindenburg, general, German politician and chairs Weimar Republic († August 2nd 1934)
- 1851: Ferdinand Foch, Marshal of France and ordering allied forces at the time of the First World War.
- 1852 : William Ramsay, British chemist discoverer of rare gases († July 13rd 1916)
- 1869: Gandhi, with Porbandar, Gujarat, India, philosopher and Indian politician († 1948)
- 1871: Cordell Hull, American statesman
- 1875: Henry February, type-setter († July 6th 1957).
- 1895 : Groucho Marx, American actor
- 1896: Jacques Duclos, resistant, politician French
- 1904: Graham Greene, British writer († April 3rd 1991)
- 1912: Frank Malina, American aeronautical engineer († November 9th 1981)
- 1935: Robert Henry Lawrence, Jr., American aviator († December 8th 1967)
- 1938: Michel Vocoret, actor and realizer French
- 1939: Yuri Glazkov, Soviet cosmonaut
- 1951: Sting, musician British, singer, bass player and member of the group The Organizes
- 1958: Alain Soral, politicking French
- 1959: Shine Fernández, entainor and former football player
- 1972: Emma Colberti, French actress
- 1973: Verka Serduchka, Ukrainian singer
- 1978: Ayumi Hamasaki, singer of Jpop
- 1979: “Morante of Puebla” (Jose Antonio Morante Camacho), Spanish Matador .
- 1984 : Marion Bartoli a French tennis player, (born with the Puy-en-Velay, Haute-Loire)
- 1629 : Pierre de Bérulle, religious French, Catholic Theology N , cardinal, founder of the Oratoriens. (° February 4th 1575).
- 1848 : Georg August Goldfuss, paleontologist and German zoologist (° 1782).
- 1853 : François Arago, astronomer, physicist and Political man French (° 1786).
- 1892 : Ernest Renan, writer, philosopher, philologist and historian French (° February 27th 1823)
- 1905: José-Maria de Heredia
- 1927: Svante August Arrhenius, chemist Swedish (° 1859).
- 1931 : the prince Jacques de Bourbon (61 years), duke of Anjou and Madrid, elder of the Capétiens and chief of the House of France (° 1870).
- 1980 : Louis Daquin, scenario writer and director French.
- 1985 : Rock'n'roll Hudson, ( Roy Scherer Fitzgerald ), American actor , died of the AIDS. (° November 17th 1925).
- 1996 : Robert Bourassa, Canadian politician, Prime Minister for Quebec (1970-1976, then 1985-1994) (° 1933).
- 1999 : Heinz G. Konsalik, writers German.
- 2001 : Michel Corringe, French singer (° August 2nd 1946)
- 2002: Bruce Paltrow, realizer, producer of Television and father of Gwyneth Paltrow.
- 2003 : Otto Guensche, adjudant of Adolf Hitler which had burned the body of the dictator at the end of the Second world war so that the Soviet cannot seize some.
- 2007 : Soe Win, Burmese the Prime Minister, number 4 of the junta, dies of one leukemia at the 59 years age.
Catholic and orthodoxe saints of the day
- Leger of Autun (+ 679), bishop and martyr.
- Holy Guardian angels the pope Paul V, in 1608, established this festival in their honor.
Orthodoxe saints of the day
- Georges of Philadelphia (+ 1794), Greek néo-martyr.
Saying of the day“Does not sow in Saint-Leger if you do not want a corn too light, sows at the day of Saint-François (04/10) it will return grain of good weight to you, but do not await the Saint-Bruno, (06/10) your corn would be abruné (blackened)”
Beats-smg: Spalė 2 Be-X-old: 2 кастрычніка Fiu-vro: 2. rehekuu päiv Nds-nl: 2 oktober Simple: October 2 Zh-yue: 10 月 2 號
|Random links:||Dolphin (constellation) | The Room-and-Vault-Aubry | Afro Celt Sound System | First district of Loiret | The Three Soldiers (Gordes)|