The October 26th is the 299e Jour of the Année (300e in the event of Leap year) of the Gregorian Calendrier. There remain 66 days before the end of the year.
1 to 1900
- 1524 : The French take again Milan with the Spanish
- 1587: 8th war of religion: Battle of Vimory, at the time of the eighth war of religion, during which Henri of Lorraine, known as the Gash , with the head of the catholic troops, overcame the Protestant .
- 1671 : Hardly installed with the Royal Observatory, still in full building site, Cassini discovers already Japet, the second satellite of Saturn. The glare of Japet is 100 times weaker than that of Titan.
- 1795 : In France, the Convention separates, the Directoire succeeds to him.
- 1850 : The Taiping are raised in China and their chief Hung Siu-Tsen proclaims emperor.
- 1896 : The treaty of Addis-Abeba removes Italian protectorate on the Abyssinie.
1902 : Victoire of the Swiss radical-democrat in
- 1905: The Sweden recognizes the Indépendance Norway
- 1907: Farman flies on 771 meters in 52 seconds.
- 1911 : Proclamation of the Chinese Republic.
- 1917 :
- Vladimir Ilitch Oulianov, known as Lénine is elected with the head of the Central committee of the Communist party of the Soviet Union.
- the Brésil declares the war with the Germany.
- Publication of the first Cartoon putting in the high-speed motorboat Felix the Cat.
- 1942 : The American Aircraft carrier " Hornet " is cast during the battle of the the Solomon Islands, in the Pacifique.
- 1954 : The town of Trieste is again Italian.
- 1955 : The Republic of the South Vietnam is proclaimed, under the authority of Ngo Dinh Diem.
- 1956 :
- has Vienna, foundation of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA).
- Left the Crossing of Paris , Claude Autant-Lara, with Jean Gabin and Bourvil.
- 1957 : The marshal Joukov is raised of his functions of Soviet Minister for defense.
- 1962 : Nikita Khrouchtchev proposes to withdraw the Soviet rockets of Cuba, if the the United States give up their bases in Turkey - what Washington refuses.
- 1965 : The Queen of England gives the Order of the British Empire to the 4 Beatles
- Left in France the film " Paris T it burns? " from Rene Clement with Alain Delon, Maurice Ronet, Orson Welles, Claude Dauphin, Daniel Gélin…
- NATO transfers its offices from Paris to Brussels
- 1972: Mathieu Kérékou seizes the power with the Bénin by a coup d'etat.
- 1973 : first flight of the Military aircraft Alpha Jet
- 1978: The Variole completely disappeared from planet according to the the World Health Organization.
- 1979 : The South Korean president Park Chung-Hee is assassinated with the seat of the central Agency of information, with Seoul.
- 1986 : The International Conference of the Croix-Rouge decides expulsion of the South Africa.
- 1987 :
- the Chinese communist authorities announce that the peasants will be soon able to acquire and to yield the rights on the grounds which they cultivate.
- Second black Monday for the Stock Exchange
- 1994: Signature of a peace treaty, in the presence of Bill Clinton, which puts an end to 46 years of war between Israel and the Jordan.
- 1996 : The cyclist Frenchwoman Jeannie Longo improves the world records of the hour by traversing 48,159 km in 60 minutes on the cycle-racing track of Mexico City.
- 1997 : Jacques Villeneuve becomes the first Québécois world champion of F1 at the wheel of a Williams.
- 1999 : The parquet floor of Paris opens two legal informations on the management of the Mutuelle main road of the students of France (MNEF).
- 2000 : Opening to London, the National Portrait Gallery of the international exhibition Painting The Century 101 Masterpieces Portrait 1900-2000 (French To paint the Century 101 major Portraits 1900-2000 ) presenting in ten decades a wide panorama of some of the big steps on the cultural and historical level of the 20th century. (End the February 4th 2001).
2002 : The Ministers of West Africa decide to send in Ivory Coast a regional force of 2.000 men to replace the French soldiers and to control the suspension of the hostilities concluded between the governmental forces and the rebels of the Ivory Coast.
- 2003 :
- the Ville of Paris inaugurates, with the memory of François Mitterrand, a Parisian quay which bears from now on its name.
- has Baghdad, an American colonel finds death in the attack with the rocket of the Al-Rachid hotel where remains most of the military personnel and American civilian and where was the number two of the Pentagone Paul Wolfowitz.
- the bubble-gum festival its 75 years with New York.
- 2004 : Israeli the Prime Minister Ariel Sharon succeeds in imposing his retirement scheme of the Gaza Strip with the vote of the Israeli deputies who approve the " disengagement unilatéral" Gaza Strip, causing a deep tear within its own party and the anger of the Jewish settlers.
- 2005 :
- the magistrates' court of Paris condemns to four one-year suspended sentences the former ministers RPR Michel Roussin and Michel Giraud, principal defendants of the business known as of the government contracts of Île-de-France.
- At the time of an entitled conference " The world without the sionisme" , the Iranian president Mahmoud Ahmadinejad with declared that the State of Israel must be " striped carte" , starting an international wave of protest.
- 2006 : Left Edgy Eft which is version 6.10 of the distribution Ubuntu based on the operating system GNU/Linux.
- 2007 :
- Left French Harry Potter and Relics of Dead the, last volume of the adventures of the most famous wizard of the literature.
- Left Mac OS X Leopard.
- 2028 Passage of the Comet 1997
- 1556 : Ahmed Baba, scientist and man of letters Mali in.
- 1685 : Domenico Scarlatti, type-setter Italy N.
- 1759 : Georges Jacques Danton, revolutionary French.
- 1800 : Helmuth Karl Bernhard von Moltke, military Prussian and German politician († April 24th 1891).
- 1866 : Ignacy Daszynski, politician Polish († October 31st 1936)
- 1887: Edouard Bourdet, French writer († January 17th 1945)
- 1914: Jackie Coogan, child dumb film star, interprets at 8 years of Oliver Twist (1922).
- 1916 : François Mitterrand, statesman French, president of the republic of 1981 with 1995 and re-elected in 1988. († January 8th 1996)
- 1919: Mohammed Réza Pahlévi, ex-Shah of Iran.
- 1920: Aarno Walli, Leader and Pianist Finnish. († August 16th 2007).
- 1938 : Bernadette Lafont, French actress.
- 1942 :
- Gerard Klein, French actor
- Bob Hoskins, American actor
- 1947 :
- Hillary Clinton, wife of Bill Clinton and American political woman.
- Jaclyn Smith, American actress, one of the three Funny Ladies of the American serial
- 1955: Stephen K. Robinson, American astronaut
- 1958: Pascale Ogier, French actress († October 25th 1984).
- 1959 : Juan Evo Morales Ayma, trade union leader and president of the Republic of Bolivia, since January 22nd, 2006.
- 664: Holy Cedd, founder of the Abbey of Lastingham, bishop and evangelist of the Saxon of the East, in England.
- 899: Alfred Large the, king d' Angleterre
- 1440: Gilles de Rais, baron de Rais, count de Brienne, companion of Jeanne d' Arc (° September or October 1404)
- 1612: Jean Bauhin, Swiss botanist (° 1541)
- 1749: Louis-Nicolas Clérambault, French musician.
- 1828 : Albrecht Daniel Thaer, German agronomist (° 1752)
- 1880: Searles Valentine Wood, British paleontologist .
- 1890 : Carlo Collodi, Italian writer, author of Pinocchio .
- 1902 : Elisabeth C. Stanton, militant feminist American.
- 1909 : Hirobumi Itō, Japanese politician (° 1841).
- 1945 : Paul Pelliot, sinologist and adventurer French (° 1878)
- 1972: Igor Sikorsky, the inventor of the Helicopter.
- 1979 : Park Chung-Hee, South Korean president .
- 1983 : Alfred Tarski, logician Polish (° January 14th 1902)
- Robert Antelme.
- Norge, of its true name Georges Mogin, Belgian poet and cofounder of the “Theater of the free Group” and the “Newspaper of the Poets”.
- 1995 : Fathi Chakaki, chief of the Islamic Jihad.
- 2001 : Abdul Haq, leaders of the Afghan opposition .
- 2002 :
- Jacques Massu, general French and one of the military main leaders of the Battle of Algiers in 1957.
- Paul Wellstone, American senator
- 2003: Kim Yong Sun, person in charge North-Korean and important adviser of the leader of the mode Kim Jong-il.
- 2005 : Rene Moreau, 108 years, one of the last seven " poilus" war of 1914-18. (° September 8th 1897)
- 2007: Jerzy Pietrkiewicz, 90 years, writer, poet, translator and historian of the literature Polish. (° October 29th 1916).
Catholic and orthodoxe saints of the day
- Holy Démétrius or Holy Dimitrios (+ towards 306), hermit, martyr with Thessalonique.
Beats-smg: Spalė 26 Be-X-old: 26 кастрычніка Fiu-vro: 26. rehekuu päiv Nds-nl: 26 oktober Simple: October 26 Zh-yue: 10 月 26 號
|Random links:||Ernst Moritz Arndt | Saint-Louis church of Saint-Louis-the-Bitche | Chymosine | Courteous queen | Norddeutscher Rundfunk|