The October 24th is the 297e Jour of the Année (298e in the event of Leap year) of the Gregorian Calendrier. There remain 68 days before the end of the year.
1 to 1900
- 1260 : The Cathédrale of Chartres is devoted in the presence of the king more known Louis IX under the name of Saint-Louis.
- 1301 : Arrest of Bernard Saisset, bishop of Pamiers in favor of the ideas of the pope Boniface VIII, for treason. Its lawsuit starts a violent polemic between legists and theologists of the French and papal camps. The pope reprimand Philippe Beautiful the, which retorts while making proclaim the independence of monarchy to temporal by the assembly of the States, to which the legist Pierre Flote had presented a falsified bubble.
- 1360 : The king of France Jean II of France known as Jean the Good, is released against a ransom of 3 and transfer ecu million of the Aquitaine to the England.
- 1599 : Henri IV divorce of with Marguerite de Valois (the Margot queen), which did not give him of heir.
- 1648 :
- the Traité of Westphalia (signed with Münster) puts an end to the Guerre Thirty Year old.
- the independence of the Netherlands is recognized by the European States.
- 1681 : Louis XIV enters Strasbourg solemnly, annexing the free city of the Saint Germanic Roman Empire.
- 1790 : In France, the constituent Assembly adopts the tricolor first national symbol: a civil and military house.
- 1793 : Decree of Convention instituting the republican Calendar.
- 1795 : The Poland is divided between the Prussia, the Austria and the Russia.
- 1798 : The revolts against the French occupant spread in Belgium.
- 1800 : In France, attempt at plot to assassinate the first consul Napoleon Bonaparte at the exit of the Opera (Conspiracy of the daggers).
- 1860 : The China ratifies the treaties signed with the France and the England.
- 1869 : With Madrid (Spain), alternate of Agustín Perera, Spanish Matador.
- 1870 : The Décret Crémieux grants French nationality to the Jews of Algeria.
- 1909 : The Russia and the Italy sign an agreement tending to preserve the status quo in the Balkans.
- 1916 : The French troops of the grouping Mangin take again, in four hours, the Fort of Douaumont.
- 1917 :
- Lénine prepares the attack of Pétrograd against Kerensky, which will take place the following day.
- Demolished of Italian in front of the Austria-Hungary with Caporetto.
- 1929 : Black Thursday - first day of the Crash of the Stock Exchange New York, marking the beginning of the Great depression of the Thirties.
- 1934: The Mahatma Gandhi withdraws Indian National congress .
- 1940 : The Maréchal Pétain meets Adolf Hitler with Montoire-on-the-Dormouse and launches the Collaboration.
- 1945 : The Charte of the United Nations comes into force after its ratification by a 29e country: the Soviet Union.
- 1950 : In France, the president of the Council Rene Pleven exposes in front of the National Assembly the project to create a European army, which will lead to the fallen through attempt at European Community of Defense (CED).
- 1953 : With alternative Valence (Spain), of Handbook Jiménez Díaz known as “Chicuelo II”, Spanish Matador .
- 1954 : The state of emergency is proclaimed with the Pakistan.
- 1961 : Protests are high with the the United Nations after a powerful Soviet nuclear test .
- 1962 : The the United States establish a blockade of Cuba.
- 1964 : The Rhodesia of North becomes an independent Republic, under the name of Zambia.
- 1967 : The Israeli artillery fire of Egyptian oil installations of Suez.
- 1970 : Salvador Allende becomes President of the Chile.
- 1973 : End of the War of Kippour.
- 1975 : The ambassador of Turkey to Paris is assassinated in an attack asserted by Armenian extremists.
- 1980 : Lech Walesa refuses to accept the statutes of Solidarność ratified by the courts, nonin conformity, according to him, with the agreements concluded with the government.
- 2000 : The Yugoslav president Vojislav Kostunica recognizes for the first time that the Serb forces committed war crimes to the Kosovo the previous year.
- After having sown terror during 22 days, two suspects - a 41 year old former serviceman and a 17 year old teenager, John Allen Muhammad and John Lee Malvo - is stopped then accused in the Maryland within the framework of the investigation into the embusqué gunner which made ten died and three seriously injureds in the area of Washington.
- the Libya makes the decision to leave the Arab Ligue.
- 2003 :
- the Harmony, the only civil supersonic aircraft in the world, takes off of New York for its last commercial flight under the colors of British Airways.
- For the first time, Israel returns public a detailed chart of safety the fence which could encircle tens of thousands of Palestinians, cutting them of the remainder of the the West Bank, while preserving 80% of the Jewish colonies on the Israeli side of the wall.
- 2004 :
- about fifty Iraqi soldiers, as a civilian and without weapons, are killed in the east of the Iraq in a ambush asserted by the group Al-Zarqaoui.
- the outgoing president Zine el-Abidine Ben Ali is re-elected in Tunisia for fourth a five years mandate with more than 94% of the votes.
- 2005 :
- the Prime Minister Dominique de Villepin gives her green light to the opening of 15% of the capital EDF with the private one.
- After having crossed the Jamaica, Haiti, the Mexico and Cuba, the Ouragan Wilma falls down on the Florida making 21 victims and whose damage could reach 10 billion dollards (8,32 billion euros).
- Three trapped vehicles explode close to the Palestine hotel, where many foreign journalists with Baghdad place, making 20 dead; this attack will be asserted by Al-Qaida in Iraq.
- 1632: Antoine van Dutch Leeuwenhoek, trading and microbiologist († August 27th 1723)
- 1674: Charles-François d' Hallencourt de Dromesnil, count de Verdun, cardinal and prince of the Saint Worsens († March 16th 1754)
- 1765: James Mackintosh, doctor, philosopher, journalist, judge and British politician . († May 30th 1832).
- 1767 : Jacques Laffitte, financier and politician French († May 26th 1844)
- 1804: Wilhelm Eduard Weber, German physicist († June 23rd 1891)
- 1855: James S. Sherman, American politician († October 30th 1912)
- 1868: Alexandra David-Néel, exploring and écrivaine French († September 8th 1969)
- 1891: Rafael Leonidas Trujillo, dictator of the Dominican Republic († May 30th 1961)
- Philippe Kieffer, companion of the Release († November 20th 1962)
- Ferhat Abbas, Algerian politician, president of the provisional government in 1962-1963 († December 24th 1985)
- 1903: Charlotte Perriand, French designer († October 27th 1999)
- 1920: Marcel-Paul Schützenberger, academician with the Academy of Science († July 29th 1996)
- 1925: Luciano Berio, Italian type-setter († May 26th 2003)
- Gilbert Bécaud, type-setter and singer French († December 18th 2001)
- Jean-Claude Pascal, actor and singer French († May 5th 1992)
- 1930: The Big Bopper, American singer († February 3rd 1959)
- 1931: Sofia Gubaidulina, Russian type-setter
- Pierre-Gilles of Genoa, French physicist, Nobel Prize of Physics († May 18th 2007)
- Robert Mundell, Canadian economist and prize winner of the “Nobel Prize” of economy
- 1936: Bill Wyman, British musician (The Rolling Stones)
- 1938: Joseph Daniel, Engineer, Chief of chorus, Novelist and Poet, Auteur of Alleluia Go Chouïa France
- 1939: F. Murray Abraham, American actor
- 1946: Jerry Edmonton, Canadian beater (Steppenwolf)
- 1947: Kevin Kline, American actor
- 1954: Mike Rounds, governor of the South Dakota
- 1961: Susan L. Still, American astronaut
- 1966: Roman Abramovich, Russian tycoon of oil
- 1973: Levi Leipheimer, American cyclist
- 1982: Cory Milano, actor and brother of the American actress Alyssa Milano
- 1985: Wayne Rooney, British footballer (England)
- 1985: Lionel Beauxis French rugby player
- 996: Hugues Capet, king de France (987 - 996), founder of the dynasty capétienne (° towards 940).
- 1260 : Saif AD-DIN Qutuz, sultan Mameluke of Egypt
- 1375: The king Valdemar IV of Denmark (C. 1320)
- 1537: Jeanne Seymour, queen of Henry VIII of England (° 1508 or 1509)
- 1601: Tycho Brahé, astronomer Danish (° December 14th 1546).
- 1655 : Pierre Gassendi, mathematician, philosopher and astronomer French (° January 22nd 1592).
- 1725 : Alessandro Scarlatti, Italian type-setter (° May 2nd 1660)
- 1726: Jean Boivin the Junior, known as Boivin of Villeneuve, French academician (° September 1st 1663)
- 1852: Daniel Webster, lawyer and politician states-unien (° January 18th 1782)
- 1898: Pierre Puvis de Chavannes, painter French (° December 14th 1824)
- 1915: Desired Charnay, archeologist French (° May 2nd 1828)
- 1938: Ernst Barlach, German sculptor (° January 2nd 1870)
- 1942: Dimitri Amilakvari, soldier French (° October 31st 1906)
- 1944: Louis Renault, industrial French (° February 12th 1877)
- 1945: Vidkun Quisling, military Norwegian (° July 18th 1887)
- 1957: Christian Dior, dressmaker French (° January 21st 1905).
- 1971 : Joseph Siffert, Swiss pilot of Formula 1 (° July 7th 1936).
- 1972 : Jackie Robinson, player of baseball states-unien, first black professional player (° January 31st 1919)
- 1974: David Oïstrakh, Ukrainian violinist (° September 30th 1908)
- 1976: Helen Gaige, zoologist states-unienne (° November 24th 1890).
- Claudius-Small Eugene, Resisting and French politician (° May 22nd 1907).
- Jerzy Kukuczka, mountaineer Polish (° March 24th 1948)
- 1991: Gene Roddenberry, producer and writer (creative of Star Trek) (° August 19th 1921).
- 1996 : Sir Gladwyn Jebb, diplomatic British, first General secretary of UNO by interim (° April 25th 1900).
- 2001 :
- Guy Schoeller, editor French
- Wolf Rüdiger Hess, German néo-Nazi, wire of Rudolf Hess (° November 18th 1937)
- 2002: Adolph Green, theater and movie actor states-unien (° December 2nd 1914)
- 2003: Bob Bailey, former player of hockey of the Maple Leafs of Toronto, twice member elect of the Cut Calder.
- 2005 :
- world Day of information on the development;
- Egypt: Celebrates of Suez;
- Zambia: National festival.
Catholic and orthodoxe saints
Martyrs of Najran (+ towards 523), 895 martyrs in the Yemen of which holy Aréthas.
- Magloire de Dol (+ towards 575), hermit.
- Senoch de Tiffauges (+ towards 576), monk in Touraine.
- Holy Florentin, Abbot of the monastery of the Saint-Apostles (10th century)
Beats-smg: Spalė 24 Be-X-old: 24 кастрычніка Fiu-vro: 24. rehekuu päiv Nds-nl: 24 oktober Simple: October 24 Zh-yue: 10 月 24 號
|Random links:||Juan Will pull up | Pablo Gargallo | Momus (artist) | Freemasonry in Senegal | Teddy Morgan|