The October 21st is the 294e Jour of the Année (295e in the event of Leap year) of the Gregorian Calendrier. There remain 71 days before the end of the year.
1 to 1900
- 1527 : Martin Luther posts his 95 theses with the door of Castle Church in Wittenberg (Germany), beginning the Protestant Réforme
- 1652: Louis XIV regains Paris after the crushing of the Fronde.
- 1680 : Foundation of the Comédie-Française.
- 1789 : Introduction of the martial law in France, within the framework of which the red flag is created.
- 1792 : Catch of Mainz
- 1805: Demolished of the admiral Pierre of Villeneuve vis-a-vis the Admiral Nelson, which is mortally wounded, with Trafalgar.
- 1847 : Beginning of the War of Swiss Sonderbund in .
- 1879 : Thomas Edison invents the lamp incandescent.
- Inauguration of the Subway of New York.
- the Russian fleet draws on British trawlers in the North Sea.
- 1913 : Failure of a royalist rising to the Portugal.
- 1916 : Assassination of the count Carl Strgkhi, Austrian Prime Minister.
- 1938 : The Japan board take Canton.
- 1941 : In reprisals with attacks, the German occupying forces in France carry out sixteen hostages with Nantes, twenty-seven with Châteaubriant (" martyrs of Châteaubriant") and five with Paris. These executions take place October 21st and 22nd.
- 1945 : For the first time the women vote in France.
- 1950 : The Chinese penetrate with the Tibet.
- 1954 :
- Abandonment of the Counters of the Indies by the government French.
- Juliette Gréco makes her beginnings with Bobino.
- 1959 : Attacks of two planes of the the United States on Havana.
- 1961 : The colonel Nasser confiscates the rich person goods Egyptiens.
- Willy Brandt becomes the first socialist chancellor of the FR of Germany.
- Putsch in Somalia following the assassination of the president Shermarke.
- 1972 : Phan Van Dong, chief of the government of Hanoï, is declared ready to accept a cease-fire like first stage towards a payment of the war of the Vietnam.
- 1976 : The central committee of the Chinese Communist party announces to have made failure with attempts of seizure of power of the widow of president Mao and at its accomplices of the " bandage quatre".
- 1981 : Assassination with Marseilles of the Judge Michel by the underworld related to the drug trafficking.
- 1990 : The Famille Chamoun is assassinated with the Lebanon.
- 1993 : Assassination of the president Burundian Nickel silver Ndadaye; beginning of the civil war.
- 1994 : An Agreement of non-proliferation of the weapon Nucléaire is signed between the the United States and the North Korea.
- 1996 : The mayor of Algiers, Ali Boucetta, is killed by a stray bullet at the time of a shooting between an armed group and the security forces in the capital.
- 1999 :
- Maurice Papon, former civil servant of the Mode of Vichy, is condemned for complicity of crimes against humanity.
- the Russian forces bombard the capital of the Chetchnia, Grozny.
- the historian Helene Carrère d' Encausse, 70 years, succeeds Maurice Druon at the post of perpetual secretary of the French Academy.
- Disappearance during the 4th deckchair the Harbor-Carthagène of the skipper Paul Vatine after the upsetting of its trimaran " Group André". Its fellow-member, Jean Maurel, is helped healthy and except.
- 2002: Discovered in Israel of an ossuary with the inscription in Araméen " Jacques, wire of Joseph, brother of Jésus" , which could provide the oldest archaeological proof of the existence of Jesus-Christ.
- 2003 :
- Jean-Paul II proclaims 31 new cardinal.
- After the visit of the French, German ministers and British of the Foreign affairs, the Iran accepts the “total” co-operation with the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), the reinforced control of its installations Nucléaire S, the suspension of the enrichment of Uranium, and is committed signing the additional protocol with the Traité nuclear non-proliferation (NPT).
- the French journalist Jean Helene, correspondent of RFI in Ivory Coast, is assassinated with Abidjan by a police officer.
- 2004 :
- At the request of the the United States, the British government agrees to redeploy soldiers around Baghdad.
- the American sergeant Ivan " Chip" Frederick, shown to have inflicted maltreatment with Iraqi prisoners in the prison of Abou Ghraïb with Baghdad, is condemned to eight years of prison by the American martial court.
- 2005 :
- Rafał Blechacz, young person Pianiste Polish 20 years gains the first price of XVe international Concours of piano Frederic-Chopin of Warsaw. In addition to this prestigious reward, it was gratifié of three special prices: “ better performance for a mazurka ”, “ better performance for Polish a ” and “ better performance for a concerto ”.
- Nightwish separates from Tarja Turunen, its charismatic singer.
- 1650 : Jean Bart, Dunkirk corsair with the service of Louis XIV († April 27th 1702).
- 1755 : Antoine Quatremère de Quincy, writer, Philosopher, Archeologist, art Critic and Politician French. († December 28th 1849)
- 1760: Katsushika Hokusai, painter, draftsman and engraver Japan board.
- 1761 : Louis Albert Guislain Bacler of Alba, general of empire († September 12th 1824)
- 1772: Samuel Taylor Coleridge, British writer .
- 1790 : Alphonse of Lamartine, poet and politician French.
- 1833 : Alfred Nobel, industrialist Swedish, chemist and instigator of the Nobel Prize.
- 1874 : Henri Guisan, Swiss general († April 8th 1960).
- 1886 : Eugene Burton Ely, aviator († 1911).
- 1908 : Pierre Dux, director and actor French.
- Pierre Bellemare, organizer and French producer of radio and television
- Ursula Guin, writer American.
- 1931 : Nicole Courcel, French actress.
- 1937 : Edith Scob, French actress.
- 1943 : Tariq Ali, British writer.
- 1949 : Benyamin Netanyahou, Israeli politician .
- 1956 : Carrie Fisher, American actress.
- 1950 : Ronald E. McNair, American astronaut († January 28th 1986)
- 1969: Franck Bargine says max, radio presenter French.
- 1982 : Matt Dallas, American actor.
- Ricard Rubio, Spanish basketball player
- Maxime Vachier-Lagrave (French), one of the youngest international large-Masters of the history of the failures
1235 : Andre II of Hungary, known as Andre II Hiérosolymitain , king de Hongrie. (° 1176).
- 1422 : Charles VI, King de France of 1380 with 1422
- 1805: Horatio Nelson, British admiral
- 1862: Benjamin Collins Brodie, Physiologist and British Surgery N ,
- 1872: Théophile Gautier, poet, novelist and critic art French
- 1916: The Count Carl Strgkhi, Austrian Prime Minister
- 1967: Ejnar Hertzsprung, chemist and astronomer Danish
- Jack Kerouac, American writer
- Waclaw Sierpinski, Polish mathematician (° 1882)
- 1978: Anastase Mikoyan, Soviet politician
- 1984: François Truffaut, scenario writer French (° February 6th 1932)
- 1989: Jean Image, film producer of animation
- 1992: Jim Garrison, District Attorney of the Orleans News
- 1993: Nickel silver Ndadaye, president of the Burundi
- 1996: Ali Boucetta, mayor of Algiers
- 1977 - Sylvio Kirouak (O 1894), cleaned cathedral of Chicoutimi to the Saguenay
- 1999: Paul Vatine, French navigator. (° July 20th 1957)
- 2002: François Soubeyran, singer French
- 2003: Jean Helene, journalist French
- 2003: Elliott Smith, American musician
- 2003: Pierre Riboulet, architect French and national Grand Prix of architecture in 1981
- Somalia: national Festival.
Catholic and orthodoxe saints of the day
- Holy Celine : Two holy is celebrated under this name. One originating in Meaux, the second wife of the count de Laon, mother of Remi saint of Rheims, and Principle of Soissons, died in Laon towards 458.
- October 21st in sport
- October 21st in the railroads
Beats-smg: Spalė 21 Be-X-old: 21 кастрычніка Fiu-vro: 21. rehekuu päiv Nds-nl: 21 oktober Simple: October 21 Zh-yue: 10 月 21 號
|Random links:||Showtime | Market with the grains | Kenneth Baker | The Trojan War | County of Sinan (Guizhou)|