The October 16th is the 289e Jour of the Année (290e in the event of Leap year) of the Gregorian Calendrier.
- French Victoire with the Battle of Wattignies.
- the queen of France Marie-Antoinette is guillotinée.
1834 : Set fire to with the British Parlement, the damage are important.
1951 : Assassination of the First Pakistani minister Ali Khan.
1964 : The China explodes its first atomic bomb and becomes the 5th world nuclear power.
1982 : Birth of Frederic Michalak <3
1995 : With the call of the movement black extremist " the Nation of Islam " , a " marche" is organized with Washington for a " holy day of atonement and réconciliation".
1997 : Catherine Trautmann announces the opening of the public records on the business of the Algerians killed by the police force at the time of a demonstration the October 17th 1961 with Paris, whereas Maurice Papon was prefect of police.
- the Catholic John Hume and the Protesting David Trimble receive the Nobel Prize of peace.
- the general Augusto Pinochet is stopped by the British police force with London at the request of the Spanish justice which inquires into disappearances of Spanish nationals under the mode of the former Chilean dictator.
- the North Korea declares with the the United States that it has a secret program of nuclear armament.
- the rebels who control the major part of the north of the Ivory Coast accept a cease-fire at the conclusion of their discussions with the mediators of West Africa, come to meet them in their stronghold of Bouaké in the center of the country.
- 25 years of pontificate of the Pope Jean-Paul II.
- the Minister of Interior Department Nicolas Sarkozy reveals with Ajaccio the new plate in homage to the prefect assassinated Claude Erignac; the preceding plate had been thrown to ground and had been broken in several pieces by the unknown ones.
- Signature of the final agreement of bringing together between the two companies Royal Air France and KLM Dutch Airlines which " will lead to the creation of the first European group of aérien" transport;.
- the 15 members of the Safety advice of the United Nations approve the American resolution unanimously aiming at obtaining international troops and money to take part in the efforts of rebuilding in Iraq.
- Bertrand Cantat, singer of Noir Desire leaves prison in a conditional way after 4 years of detention
- 1731: Henry Cavendish, physicist and British chemist († February 24th 1810)
- 1805: Jean Laborde, adventurer, industrialist, first French Consul to Madagascar († December 27th 1878)
- 1841: Hirobumi Itō, Japanese politician
- 1854: Oscar Wilde, writer Irish († November 30th 1900)
- 1886: David Ben Gourion, one of the founders of the State of Israel and Prime Minister of 1949 with 1953 and of 1955 with 1963 († February 1st 1973)
- 1888: Eugene O' Neill, dramatic author Nobel Prize in 1936
- 1945: Pascal Sevran, author of French songs
- 1958: Tim Robbins, actor
- 1961: Marc Levy, French writer
- 1962: Michael Balzary, called Flea, bass player of the group Red Hot Chili Peppers
- 1963: Elie Semoun, humorist French
- 1964: Annette Gerlach, journalist German
- 1968: Jean-Philippe Gatien, pongist French
- 1975: Christophe Maé, French singer playing the part of Sir, the Brother of the King in the comedy of the Sun king
- 1976: Marius Colucci, actor (wire of Coluche)
- 1982: Frederic Michalak, French rugby player
- 1628 : lyric François de Malherbe poête
- 1793: The queen Marie-Antoinette is guillotinée for high treason and plot with the foreigner, ten months after her husband, Louis XVI.
- 1920: Alberto Nepomuceno, Type-setter Brazil IEN. (° July 6th 1864).
- 1921 : Camille Saint-Saëns, French type-setter
- 1937: Jean de Brunhoff, French author-illustrator.
- 1951 : Ali Khan, Prime Minister Pakistan board
- 1971 : Jules Humbert-Droz, one of the three secretaries of the Third International
- 1978: Bruno Bušić, Croatian journalist, assassinated in Paris by the secret police Yugoslav UDBA
- 1981: Moshe Dayan, general and Israeli politician
- 1988: Farida, ex-queen of Egypt and marries of the king Farouk
- 1982 : Mario LED Monaco, tenor Italy
- 1998: Jon Postel, one of the founders of Internet
- 2003: Laszlo PAP, Hungarian, first Olympic triple champion of Boxing
- 2004: Pierre Salinger, close collaborator of Kennedy
- world Day of the food.
Catholic and orthodoxe saints of the day
Catholic saints of the day
- Holy Hedwige of Silesia
Beats-smg: Spalė 16 Be-X-old: 16 кастрычніка Fiu-vro: 16. rehekuu päiv Nds-nl: 16 oktober Simple: October 16 Zh-yue: 10 月 16 號
|Random links:||Zhang Chunxian | Patrick Apple tree | Sistema de Informações da República Portuguesa | Patrice Pussy | Route European 371|