The October 10th is the 283e Jour of the Année (284e in the event of Leap year) of the Gregorian Calendrier. There remain 82 days before the end of the year.
1 to 1900
- 732: Battle of Poitiers between the troops of Charles Martel and Abd el Rahman (discussed and dubious date, to also see October 25th).
- 1013 : Hermann, count de Verdun, brother of Godefroi II, duke of low-Lorraine is made prisoner at the time of the Bataille of Tirlemnont, opposing the troops of Lambert, count de Louvain, with those of Balderic de Loss, bishop of Liege.
- 1575 : 5th war of religion: the royal troops directed by Henri de Guise beat Malcontents with the Bataille of Dormans.
- 1604 : a Supernova appears close to θ Ophiuchi. It is observed by Johannes Kepler. The supernova is used by Galileo to counter the dogma aristotélien that the skies never change.
- 1657 : marriage of Pierre Tremblay (ancestor of Tremblay of America) originating in the Pole in France (area close to Normandy) with Ozanne Achon
- 1733: The France (Louis XV) declares the war with the German emperor Charles VI, which disputes the election of his/her father-in-law Stanislas Leszczynski with the throne of Poland. Beginning of the War of succession of Poland.
- 1789 : The doctor Joseph Ignace Guillotin proposes a new machine to be killed in front of the Constituante.
- 1793 (19 vendémiaire year II): French revolution: the government is declared revolutionist until peace; adoption of the revolutionary calendar.
- 1794 : Creation of the Conservatory national of arts and trades by the Abbot Gregoire.
- 1801 : Charles-Maurice de Talleyrand-Périgord for the France and the Count de Markov for the Russia concludes a secret convention - of which the goal is to consolidate the peace of Lunéville and to guarantee the safety of Europe - from which one from the provisions recognizes and guarantees the independence and the constitution of the République of the Seven-Islands, and are appropriate that there will be no more foreign troops in these islands of the Ionian Mer.
- 1813 : Victoire of Napoleon on Blücher with Duben, during the war of the Sixth coalition.
- 1842 : The the United Kingdom proclaims its victory after the second war in Afghanistan.
- 1846 : The British astronomer William Lassell discovers Triton, the largest satellite of Neptune.
- 1859 : The civil war bursts in Argentine.
- 1868 : Independence of Cuba.
- 1912 : Beginning of the first Balkan war putting at the catches the small States south of the Balkans (Bulgaria, Greece, Montenegro and Serbia), gathered in a " league balkanique" , on the one hand, and the Ottoman Empire on the other hand.
- 1913 : End of work of the Panama Canal which connects the Atlantic to the Pacific.
- 1922 : Ratification with Baghdad of the first treaty britannico - Iraq IEN
- 1928: Projection of the 1st film French having a synchronized band, the Water of the Nile
- 1938: The German army occupies the totality of the territory of the Sudètes, in Czechoslovakia
- 1943: Tchang Kaï-chek, becomes president of the Chinese République
- 1954: creation of FLN (Face of National release)
- 1962: Dissolution of the National Assembly by Charles de Gaulle
- 1963: The rupture of a stopping, close to Belluno, in Italy, makes 1.800 dead.
- 1967 : The authorities of La Paz confirm the death of the cuban revolutionist Che Guevara, killed during a fixing with the Bolivian army.
- 1970 : Independence of the islands Fiji.
- 1976 : Many students, teachers and politicians of left take refuge in clandestinity or flee abroad, after the putsch in Thailand.
- 1980 : A Earthquake with El Asnam (Orléansville), in Algérie makes more than 3000 dead.
- 1986 : Violent one Earthquake with the El Salvador
- 1996: Left the thirtieth adventure of Astérix, Galère d' Obélix
- 2000: The French government hears " to give " flat; its economic relations, financial and legal with the Principality of Monaco, after the publication of two reports/ratios denouncing the deficiencies Monegasques in the repression of the bleaching of the dirty money.
- 2003 :
- Shirin Ebadi, first woman with becoming judge in Iran, receives the Nobel Prize of peace
- the disciplinary board of the college Henri-Walloon of Aubervilliers (Seine-Saint-Denis) definitively excludes two young buckled pupils who carried in the establishment a scarf that the administration of the college regarded as an ostentatious religious sign. These two young girls will become the symbol of the debate on " the Islamic scarf " in France. In a speech presented like " historique" by his entourage, the king of Morocco Mohammed VI devotes the principle of the legal equality between the men and the women.
- 2005 :
- Angela Merkel succeeds in driving out Gerhard Schroder German chancellery to become the first woman to occupy this station; its government will count eight Ministers for the SPD (left), against six of the alliance of right-hand side CDU/CSU, according to the terms of the agreement of " large coalition".
- the “Nobel Prize” of economy was allotted to the American Thomas Schelling and to the Israélien Robert Aumann “to have improved our comprehension of the conflicts and the co-operation by means of the Game theory”.
- 2007 : the French government abolishes the capital punishment in all circumstances. By ratifying protocol 13 of the European Convention of the human rights which “abolishes the capital punishment in all circumstances, even for the acts made in time of war or of imminent danger of war”, France becomes thus the fortieth State, among the forty seven members of the Council of Europe has to adopt this engagement.
|Random links:||Lobby | Mackerel | Diodote | Nicolas Rey (rugby player) | Béloukha mount|