Novi Sad , in Serb Cyrillic Sr НовиСад, is a city and a municipality of Serbia, located in the autonomous province of Voïvodine. They belong to the district of Bačka Southerner. Novi Sad is the capital of VoÏvodine. In 2002, the city counted: 216583 inhabitants and the municipality of which it is the center: 299294.
GeographyNovi Sad is located at the foot of the solid mass of the Fruška Gora, on left bank of the the Danube.
DenominationIn the various used languages in the province, it is named:
- Serb Sr НовиСад in (Cyrillic writing )
- hr Croatian Novi Sad in and Serb (Latin writing )
- sk Slovak Nový Sad in
- hu Újvidék in Hungarian
- ro Novi Sad in Rumanian
- of German Neusatz in
- Latin Neoplanta in .
Administrative organizationAugust 1st
CultureAugust 1st The Matica srpska, located at Novi Sad, is one of the oldest cultural institutions of Serbia.
TwinningsThe city is twinned with:
Celebrities born in Novi Sad
- Monica Saddles and Sandra Nacuk: players Professional of Tennis
- Tomy Lapid: Politician
- Andrija Geric, Slobodan Boskan, Goran Marić: players of Volley ball
- Darko Miličić: player of Basketball
- Ilja Pantelic: footballer
- Slobodanka Tuvic: basketteuse
- Đorđe Balašević : Type-setter-interprets
- Mira Banjac: Actress
Localities of the municipality of Novi Sad
Notes and references of the article
|Random links:||Canton of Pézenas | Saccostomus | George Sideris | Section 31 | Hot Summer | Salado,_le_Texas|