The November 2nd is the 306e Jour of the Année (307e in the event of Leap year) of the Gregorian Calendrier. There remain 59 days before the end of the year.
1 to 1900
998: Holy Odilon, abbot of Cluny celebrates for the first time a commemoration of all deaths of its kind. This use then extended to all the Catholic church.
- 1439 : the General states, joined together since October, with Orleans, decide the maintenance with a standing army to be able definitively to pare the English out of France. This decision starts a revolt of the noble ones: the Praguerie (1440). To finance the effort of war the General states institute a new tax, which will be taken in each family of the kingdom: the “size”. The delegates grant to Charles VII the permission to record the size every year. This new annual tax will be abolished only with the Révolution.
- 1789 : Nationalization of the goods of the clergy in France.
- 1798 : Revolts burst on the Île of Malta against the French occupant.
- 1892 : Creation of the body of the factory inspectors which are charged to take care of the application of the industrial legislation in the Entreprise S, with the respect of the time limit of work for the minors, but also of the safety regulations and hygiene for all the employees.
- 1930 : Haïlé Sélassié is crowned King of the Kings - Négus or Empereur of Abyssinie.
- 1945 : creation in France of the centers of maternal protection and infantile (SME) by ordinance.
- 1955 : David Ben Gourion form a government in Israel.
- 1956 :
- Operation of Suez: the British occupy the Egyptian city of Gaza.
- the Hungarian government denounces the Warsaw Pact and protests near UNO against the Soviet intervention.
- With the Safety advice, Moscow opposes its Veto to a Western proposal tending so that UNO seizes situation in Hungary.
- 1958 : The last British troops evacuate the Jordan.
- 1962 : The president Kennedy announces the end of the crisis of the rockets with Cuba with the disassembling of the launching pads by the Soviets.
- 1964 : The king Saoud is deposited in Saudi Arabia: Fayçal goes up on the throne.
- 1967 : White mercenaries and blacks, parties of Angola, attack the Congo.
- 1976 : Jimmy Carter becomes President of the United States.
- 1979 : With Paris, Jacques Mesrine, the public enemy n°1, is cut down by the police force.
- 1986 : Offensive of the guerilla anti-Sandinista to the Nicaragua.
- 1989 : Jaguar is repurchased by the company Ford.
- 1994 : Inauguration of the Station Charles-of-Gaulle Airport 2 TGV by François Mitterrand.
- 1998 : The Hurricane Mitch, last from now on with the state of tropical depression, causes a hecatomb in Central America, where more than 10.000 people found death (at least 6.000 with the Honduras and 4.000 with the Nicaragua) in floods and flow mud. The hunger and the epidemics threaten from now on the survivors.
- 1999 : Before even a possible setting in examination in the business of MNEF, the Minister for the Economy and Finances Dominique Strauss-Kahn, her resignation of the government of Lionel Jospin announces.
- 2000 : The first permanent crew of the International space station (ISS), composed of a American astronaut and two Russian cosmonauts, moors successfully his capsule Soyuz and starts a four months stay.
- 2006 : Foundation in Afghanistan of the plain National front, a new political party, coalition of lords of the war gathering the old ones and current strong men of the country, commanders of Afghan resistance against the Soviet , former Communist leaders and of various social and ethnic groups sometimes antagonistic.
- 2004 :
- George W. Bush is re-elected President of the United States.
- Death of the president of the United Arab Emirates, sheik Zayid bin Sultan Al Nahyan, 86 years. His/her son, sheik Khalifa bin Zayid Al Nahyan, succeeds the following day to him.
- Theo van Gogh, Dutch realizer the documentary ones and adversary of the radical Islam, is assassinated by an islamist militant.
- 2005 :
- After six nights of violence urban in Seine-Saint-Denis, Jacques Chirac goes up to the crenel to call with the calm one.
- the first numbers with six digits starting with the 118 enter in service to replace traditional the " 12" and its competitors, which will disappear the April 3rd 2006.
- the sub-prefect of Carpentras (Vaucluse), Robert Jump, his wife and about fifteen employees of the sub-prefecture are taken as an hostage by three armed men who carry 1.500 virgin passports.
- 1699 : Jean Siméon Chardin, painter French († December 6th 1779)
- 1734: Daniel Boone, American colonizer
- 1741: Mgr Pigneau de Behaine, man of the church and diplomat French († October 9th 1799), who played a great part in the growing influence of the France in Cochinchine and Annam at the end of the XVIIIe century.
- 1753 : François Lamarque, French politician.
- 1755 : Marie-Antoinette, queen of France and marries Louis XVI.
- 1766 : Joseph Radetzky, Austrian marshal († January 5th 1858).
- 1815: George Boole, logician and British Mathematician .
- 1847 : Georges Sorel Philosopher and Sociologist French († August 29th 1922).
- 1865 : Warren G. Harding, 29e President of the United States.
- 1885 : Harlow Shapley, American astrophysicist .
- 1906 : Luchino Visconti, scenario writer Italy N.
- 1913 : Burt Lancaster, actor and producing states-unien. († October 20th 1994)
- 1932: Stephan Audran, French actress.
- 1942 : Stefanie Powers, American actress, heroin of the serial Love in heritage and of Love of the Risk
- Jean-Jack Queyranne, Politician French, born with Lyon.
- Jacques Chéreau, French sculptor hyperrealist.
- 1960 : Said Aouita, Moroccan athlete.
- 1965 :
- 1968: Jaume Balagueró, Spanish realizer.
- 1973 : Marisol Nichols, American actress.
- 1989 : Arthur Ligerot, French actor.
- 1902 : Rudolph Albert von Kölliker, Swiss biologist.
- 1934 : Edmond de Rothschild, philanthropist and collector French (° August 19th 1845).
- 1950 : George Bernard Shaw, writer Irish.
- 1970 : Richard Cushing, cardinal.
- 1975 : Pier Paolo Pasolini, director Italy N. (° March 5th 1922)
- 1979: Jacques Mesrine, criminal French.
- 1991 : Irwin Allen, producer and American scenario writer .
- 1992 : Hall Roach, producer and American scenario writer .
- 1997 : Edmond de Rothschild, baron, president of the Swiss bank of the same name and owner of Vineyard S of Bordeaux.
- 2004 :
- Theo van Gogh, Dutch realizer the documentary ones and adversary of the radical Islam. (° July 23rd 1957)
- Zayid bin Sultan Al Nahyan, founder and President of the federation of the United Arab Emirates.
- 2005 : Ferruccio Valcareggi, 86 years, Italian selector which led the Italy to the championship of Europe of football in 1968 and with the finale of the World cup 1970. (° December 12th 1919).
- 2006 : Adrien Douady, French mathematician.
- the Day of dead the or Festival of late the for the Latin Church.
Catholic and orthodoxe saints of the day
- Ambroise d' Agaune (+ 520), abbot.
- Georges of Vienna (+ 670), archbishop.
Catholic saints of the day
- Malachie d' Armagh (12th century), archbishop.
- Victorin .
Orthodoxe saint of the day
- Cyprien de Storojevsk (about + 1550), monk and miracle-worker.
Beats-smg: Lapkristė 2 Be-X-old: 2 лістапада Fiu-vro: 2. märtekuu päiv Nds-nl: 2 november Simple: November 2 Zh-yue: 11 月 2 號
|Random links:||Canellales | XXIe front century J. - C. | French highway A4 | Brienz (Bern) | Canada health | Tomorrow is another day|