The November 24th is the 328e Jour of the Année (329e in the event of Leap year) of the Gregorian Calendrier. There remain 37 days before the end of the year.
1369 : (War One hundred Year old) - letters patent of Charles V authorize the Abbaye of Saint-Florent, under the blow of an immediate threat, because of the advance in Anjou of the English troops ordered by the count of Pembroke and Hugh Calveley, to strengthen itself in urgency.
1542 : The army of the king Jacques V of Scotland is beaten and driven back in Solway Moss. He will die shortly after the December 14th 1542. His/her daughter Marie Stuart, hardly one year old succeeds to him. The regency of the kingdom will be exerted by his/her mother, Marie de Guise.
1587 : Battle of Auneau, during the eighth war of religion, which sees the victory of the catholic troops, carried out by Henri of Lorraine, said the Gash , 3rd duke of Own way, on the Protestant .
1643 : The French troops are driven back in Catalogne by the Spanish army . They are also overcome with the Bataille of Tuttlingen.
1793 : In France, the Convention publishes the republican Calendrier, which replaces the Gregorian Calendrier. the same day: Closing of the churches in France and reorganization of the revolutionary government.
1808 : Prussia: Napoleon obtains the reference of the Stein minister whom he suspects of organizing a rising in Prussia. The November 19th the Prussia had adopted various measures concerning the municipal organization, inspired by Stein.
1827 : In France, Second round of the anticipated elections, following the dissolution of the Room by Villèle the November 6th, they are a triumph for the oppositions, which gain the majority of the seats.
1903 : China: Opening of the commercial port of Port-Arthur.
1911 : With Paris: New first and theatrical success, for Georges Feydeau, his part “ But thus does not walk very naked ”. It meets a sharp success at the time of the first to the Fémina theater with Paris.
1942 : The German undergo heavy losses with Stalingrad.
1951 : Departure, for its first cruising, of the ship of research of the commander Cousteau, the Calypso.
1964 : Belgian parachutists, Congolese soldiers and mercenaries take again Stanleyville with the rebels.
1965 : The commander-in-chief of the Congolese national army, the general Desired Joseph Mobutu, seizes the capacity, commendement proclaims to it second Republic with 14 people Top of the army, and dislocates the president Joseph Kasa-Vubu.
1971 : Whereas a Orage prevails above the state of Washington, a hijacker being made call daN Cooper (more known under the name of D.B. Cooper) change in parachute of an airliner of the Northwest Orient Airlines with 200.000 $ of ransom in liquid; neither him nor the money were never found.
1972 : Washington and Bangkok agrees so that the the United States maintain a military presence substantial - mainly in air forces - in Thailand for one nondefinite period after the conclusion of a cease-fire to the Vietnam.
1982 : The president Mitterrand renews in Cairo his call in favor of the establishment of a Palestinian State in the occupied territories by Israel, in exchange of the recognition by the Palestinians of the right of Israel to safety.
1987 : Li Ping is named chief of the Chinese government by interim, succeeding Zhao Zhiang.
1990 : The deputies adopt the new statute for the Corsica referring for the first time to the concept of “Corsican people”.
- the former Secretary of State to the Handicapped people, Michel Gillibert, is put in examination for falsification of accounts - checks, breaches of trust and false claims to the administration
- Bernard Tapie, Elie Fellous, Fabien Domergue and Alain Colas Tahiti (ACT) are condemned to pour 66.740.055 F in the business of the Phocéa.
1995 : The Irish law on the divorce is approved by law of referendum.
1996 : More than thirty thousand demonstrators in anger gather in the streets of Belgrade to protest against a legal decision cancelling the results of the municipal election in the capital, after a lodged complaint by the president Slobodan Milošević.
- After 46 days of strike, the Marseilles traminots put a term at the one of the longest conflicts which the Public transport knew of the city, without to have obtained satisfaction.
- the French Parliament definitively adopts the antirécidive private bill which sets up the Electronic bracelet of monitoring for the delinquents and sex criminals or violent one.
- the English pubs and Welsh from now on are authorized to open 24 hours a day putting an end to 90 years restrictions on their schedules.
- 1632 : Baruch Spinoza, Philosopher Dutch. († February 21st 1677)
- 1713: Laurence Tern, British writer . († March 18th 1768)
- 1766: Friedrich Weinbrenner, German Architect . († March 1st 1826)
- 1783: Victor Henri-Joseph Brahain Ducange, known as Ducange . Romance cier and dramatic author French. († October 15th 1833)
- 1806: William Webb Elect, British Pasteur to which one allots the invention of the Rugby. († January 24th 1872)
- 1808: Alphonse Karr, Novelist and Journalist French. († September 29th 1890)
- 1816: William Crawford Williamson, British Naturalist . († June 23rd 1895)
- 1826: Carlo Collodi, writer Italy N, author of Pinocchio . († October 26th 1890)
- 1832: Henry Woodward, Geologist and British Paleontologist . († September 6th 1921)
- 1864: Henri of Toulouse-Lautrec, painter and Lithographer French. († September 9th 1901)
- 1875: Albert Libertad, Anarchist-Communist French. († November 12th 1908)
- 1890: Helen Gaige, zoologist American. († October 24th 1976)
- 1923: Jacques Yerna, Belgian Trade unionist . († August 11th 2003)
- 1927: Ahmadou Kourouma, writer of the Ivory Coast. († December 11th 2003)
- 1934: Alfred Schnittke, Soviet Type-setter of German origin . († August 3rd 1998)
- 1936: Sophie Daumier, French Actress . († December 31st 2003)
- 1938: Oscar Robertson called The Big O , member of the Hall off Famed of the championship of American tennis shoe (NBA).
- 1947 : Dwight Schultz, American Actor .
- 1952 : Thierry Lhermitte, Actor French.
- 1954 : Emir Kusturica, Scenario writer and Serb Musician .
- 1958 : Alain Chabat, actor, Realizer, producing Scenario writer and of Cinema French.
- 1976 : Johan Radet, Football or French.
- 1977 : Hake Hanks, American actor .
- 1978 : Katherine Heigl, American Actress of Irish origin and German.
- 1983 : Karine Vanasse, Québécois Actress .
- 1335 : Henri VI the Good, known also under the name of Henri VI of Wrocław, the dynasty of Piasts. (° March 18th 1294)
- 1541: Marguerite Tudor (° November 28th 1489) , girl of the king Henri VII and mother, by its first marriage, of the king Jacques V of Scotland.
- 1572 : John Knox, Reformer of the Scottish Church (° Ca 1513)
- 1770: Charles-Jean-François Hénault says “president Hénault”, is a writer and Historien French. (° February 8th 1685)
- 1807: Joseph Brant, Amerindian chief, officer of the US Army. (° Ca 1742)
- 1870: Isidore Ducasse, known as Count de Lautréamont, writer French. (° April 4th 1846)
- 1929: Georges Clémenceau, Politician French. (° September 28th 1841)
- 1948: Raoul Koczalski, Pianist Polish. (° January 3rd 1884)
- 1952: Camille de Morlhon, Scenario writer and Scenario writer French of the period of the Silent film. (° February 19th 1869)
- 1963 : Lee Harvey Oswald, Assassin supposed of the president John F. Kennedy. (° October 18th 1939)
- 1980: George Raft, American Actor . (° September 26th 1895)
- 1985: Rene Barjavel, writer and Journalist French. (° January 24th 1911)
- 1991: Freddie Mercury, British Singer Type-setter of the group Queen. (° September 5th 1946)
- 1992: Henriette Puig-Roget, compositrice, French Pianist and Organist . (° January 9th 1910).
- 1991 : Eric Carr, American beater of the group KIS. (° July 12th 1950)
- 1996: Roger Lanzac, of his true name Roger Lanrezac, TV-radio Organizer. (° October 28th 1920)
- 2002: John Rawls, American philosopher . (° February 21st 1921)
- Arthur Hailey, Canadian writer . (° April 5th 1920)
- Janet Kear, British ornithologist . (° January 13rd 1933)
- 2007: William O' Neill, 77 years, American Politician , Governor of the Connecticut of 1980 with 1991. (° August 11th 1930).
- November 24th in sport
- November 24th in the railroads
Beats-smg: Lapkristė 24 Be-X-old: 24 лістапада Fiu-vro: 24. märtekuu päiv Nds-nl: 24 november Simple: November 24 Zh-yue: 11 月 24 號
|Random links:||District of Mantes-the-Pretty | Microsoft SQL Server | Patricia Parris | Delroy Lindo | The Seventh One|