The November 20th is the 324e Jour of the Année (325e in the event of Leap year) of the Gregorian Calendrier. There remain 41 days before the end of the year.
1 to 1900
- 870: Battle of Thetford, during which the Viking S, which have, under the control of Iva, invaded the East Anglia, putting the country at fire and blood, beat the king Edmond ( Saint Edmond ), who finds death there. The kingdom of East Anglia passes entire under the Danish domination.
- 1614 : Louis XIII is major.
- 1616 : The cardinal of Richelieu becomes minister of state, in charge of the foreign affairs and the war.
- 1780 : The Great Britain declares the war with the Netherlands.
- 1792 : Paris: The minister Roland, helped of the metal worker Gamain, opens an iron cupboard hidden under the woodworks with the Tuileries. He finds there the correspondence of the king with Calonne, leader of the emigration, and with the courses foreign. Its treason does not appear doubtful any more. But, more serious still, the trunk contains documents attesting the corruption of certain revolutionists. Names circulate, such that of the deputy Kersaint. The opprobrium concentrates on Mirabeau, whose ashes are with the the Pantheon. One discovers secret letters with the king and the proof of his venality. The scandal is enormous: one shouts with the infamy and its remainders are thrown in a common grave.
- 1807 : The troops of Junot arrive at the Portuguese border .
- 1811 : Germany: Friedrich Krupp (1787 - 1826) bases with Essen a metallurgical company on the English model.
- 1815 : A second treated of Paris puts an end to the war between the France and united and creates a kind of organization in charge of the collective security in Europe, starting from the dialog between the four victorious great powers.
- 1818 : The independence of the Venezuela is proclaimed by Simon Bolivar.
- 1831 : The insurrection (begun, this day) with Lyon of the Canut S (workmen of silk) is broken. The soldiers occupy the city, the tariff is cancelled, nearly ten thousand workmen are returned.
- 1834 : Creation of the Universit3e libre de Bruxelles by Pierre-Theodore Verhaegen
- 1873: The towns of Buda and Pest are linked to form the capital of Hungary
- 1873: Fixing at seven years of the term of the office of the President of the French Republic by Mac-Mahon.
1917 : Proclamation of a Ukrainian Republic.
- 1924 : Crushing of a Kurdish rising in Turkey.
- 1936 : Died of Jose Antonio Primo de Rivera, founder of the Spanish Phalange.
- 1937 : general Strike in Tunisia.
- 1945 : In front of the international military tribunal of Nuremberg, a lawsuit is brought against leaders Nazis and organizations of the Nazi Germany. The charges relate to war crimes, crimes against peace and of the crimes against humanity. The lawsuit will last nearly one year, until the verdict on October 1st 1946.
- 1947 : Marriage of the Elisabeth princess of the the United Kingdom and lieutenant Philip Mountbatten to the Abbey of Westminster.
- 1952 : election of Alphonse Juin ( the marshal June) (1888-1967) with the French Academy.
- 1959 :
- the United Nations proclaims the Déclaration of the rights of the child in his resolution 1387 (XIV)
- the the United Kingdom, the Norway, the Portugal, the Suisse, the Austria, the Denmark and the Sweden forms the European Free Trade Association (EFTA).
- 1975 : Died of the General Free in Madrid.
- 1977 :
- In a speech made in front of the Knesset, the Egyptian president Anouar el-Sadate, that PLO shows humiliating capitulation, declares that its country aspires to peace in justice.
- the Mexican Torero David Silveti takes the alternative in the plaza Revolución of Guanajuato.
- 1979 : Extremists occupy the Grande Mosque, with Mecque.
- 1980 : For the second time, the General meeting of the United Nations claims the departure of the Soviet forces of Afghanistan in a resolution that Moscow qualifies américano-Chinese initiative aiming at interfering into the Afghan businesses.
- 1989 : Adoption of the first convention on the Right of the Child to UNO.
- 1991 : Kampuchea: The prince Sihanouk is proclaimed Head of the State.
- 1992 : A fire damages a private vault and the room of the banquets of the Château of Windsor.
- 1993 :
- Opening of the Wing Richelieu of the palate of Louvre. The Musée of Louvre to Paris is from now on the largest museum of the world.
- For the first time at the the United States, a federal law imposing a control on the sale of the firearms is adopted by the Sénat.
- 1994 :
- Creation of the French political party Movement For France.
- the Angolan government and the rebels of the UNITA sign fine peace treaty putting at a civil war which made more than five hundred and thousand died since 1975.
- 1997 : Moscow succeeds, after three weeks of crisis, to convince Baghdad to accept the return of the American inspectors of the Special subcommittee of UNO in charge of Iraqi disarmament.
- 1998 :
- the navigator Laurent Bourgnon on Primagaz, gains for the second consecutive time the Route of Rum.
- the Russian rocket Proton poses the first stake of the International space station (ISS).
- 1999 : Snowfalls paralyze the road traffic in the valley of the the Rhone.
- 2000 : Israeli helicopters draw from the rockets on Palestinian targets with Gaza in reprisals with an bomb attack against an Israeli school bus, which had made two died.
- 2002 : The Ville of Paris deposits a complaint against X near the Court of Bankruptcy of Paris in the business known as of the expenditure of mouth of the Chirac couple dating from the time when Jacques Chirac was mayor of the capital.
- 2003 :
- After a warrant for arrest emitted against him the day before, Michael Jackson is accused of sexual abuses on minors of less than 14 years. Arrived handcuffed at the prison of Santa Barbara, it will arise free in exchange of a guarantee of three million dollars and will appear about it in front of a court the next January 9th.
- Two new attacks with the truck trapped against the British consulate and the bank HSBC with Istanbul make at least 29 dead of which the British consul Roger Short and more than 450 wounded.
- 2004 : Reopening with New York of the Museum off Modern Art, increased by the Architect Japan board Yoshio Taniguchi.
- 1763 : Louis-Alexandre Berthier, marshal of the Empire († June 1st 1815)
- 1762: Pierre Andre Latreille, Entomologist French († February 6th 1833).
- 1794 : Eduard Rüppell, Exploring Naturalist and German († 1884).
- 1889 : Edwin Hubble, American astronomer († September 28th 1953).
- 1907 : Henri-Georges Clouzot, French scenario writer († January 12th 1977).
- 1914 : Charles Berlitz, investigating American of the paranormal († December 18th 2003)
- 1915: Hu Yaobang, general secretary of the Chinese Communist party († April 15th 1989)
- 1920: Gene Tierney, American actress († November 6th 1991).
- 1921 : Jim Garrison, District Attorney of the Orleans News († October 21st 1992).
- 1923 : Nadine Gordimer, South-African novelist, Nobel Prize of literature in 1991.
- 1924 : Benoit Mandelbrot, French mathematician.
- 1925 : Robert “Bobby” Kennedy, American politician († June 5th 1968).
- 1926 : Edouard Leclerc, French business man.
- 1937 : Rene Kollo, German tenor.
- 1939 : Copi, draftsman of data base, dramatic author, Argentinian writer († December 14th 1987)
- 1946: Duane Allman (death the October 29th 1971) is regarded as a large American guitarist .
- 1948 : Barbara Hendricks, soprano American.
- 1949 : Kenneth D. Cameron, American astronaut
- 1951: Marie Poitou, French actress.
- 1956 : Bo Derek, American actress.
- 1960 : Marc Labrèche, actor, actor and organizer Québécois.
- 1961 : Phil Joanou, American realizer
- 1967: Robert Ken Woo Jr. presented like the 200 millionth American.
- 1704 : Charles Plumier, Botanist and traveller French (° 1646).
- 1764 : Christian Goldbach, German mathematician
- 1778: Francesco Cetti, priest Jesuit, Zoologist and Mathematician Italy N (° 1726).
- 1829 : Manual Parra, Spanish Matador (° March 7th 1797).
- 1865 : Carlo Vittadini Doctor and Italian mycologist, born the June 11th 1800, deceased with Milan.
- 1894 : Anton Rubinstein, Type-setter, pianist and Russian leader (° November 28th 1829).
- 1910 of the Gregorian Calendar: Leon Tolstoï, Russian writer (° 1828).
- 1936 : Jose Antonio Primo de Rivera, Spanish, creative politician of the Spanish Phalange (° April 24th 1903)
- 1954: Clyde Vernon Cessna, aviator and manufacturer of planes of the mark Cessna (° December 5th 1879)
- 1962: Philippe Kieffer, Companion of the Release
- 1963: Pierre Blanchar, actor French
- 1972: Ennio Flaiano, Italian writer, Playwright, Novelist, Scenario writer of films, dramatic Journalist and Critical. (° March 5th 1910).
- 1975 : Francisco Franco, statesman, general and Spanish dictator . (° December 4th 1892).
- 1983 : Marcel Dalio, French actor. (° July 17th 1900)
- 1995: Sergei Grinkov, Russian skater , world champion and Olympic double champion of figure skating
- 1995: Leïla Mourad, actress and Egyptian singer
- 2002 : The prince Alexandre de Mérode, Belgian member of CIO since 1964, died at the 68 years age.
- 2003 :
- Peter Lindroos, tenor Finnish
- Loris Azzaro, dressmaker and perfumer Italy N
- David Dacko, 76 years, leader of Central African independence, reversed by Bokassa in 1965 then again Head of the State of 1979 with 1981.
- 2005 : Chris Whitley, American musician (° August 31st 1960).
- 2006 : Robert Altman, American Realizer , at the 81 years age. (° February 20th 1925).
- international Day of the rights of the child
- Day of the industrialization of the Africa
- Saint-Verhaegen - Feastday for the students of the Universit3e libre de Bruxelles and the Vrije Universiteit Brussel
Saint (E) Catholic of the dayHoly Edmond : King d' Est-Anglie, lost a battle against the Danes and preferred to die rather than to accept their contrary conditions with his religion.
Be-X-old: 20 лістапада
Beats-smg: Lapkristė 20 Fiu-vro: 20. märtekuu päiv Nds-nl: 20 november Simple: November 20 Zh-yue: 11 月 20 號
|Random links:||Train of Montpellier with Palavas | Linphone | Maurice Martenot | Shana Tesh | Lidové noviny|