the éphéméride | All on November and 2003
Saturday the 1st er November 2003
- European Union: Jean-Claude Trichet takes the succession of the Netherlander Wim Duisenberg with the head of the European Central bank.
- Israel: Commemorative ceremony gathering more than one hundred thousand people with Tel-Aviv, at the time of the 8th birthday of the assassination of the former Prime Minister Yitzhak Rabin by an extremist Zionist.
- the demonstrators express their support for the “ Plan of Geneva ” supported by the European Union.
Sunday November 2nd 2003
- In France, after having been victim of vandalism last Wednesday, the first Automatic radar installed on N20 (City-of-Wood in the the Essonne): was this time put except service because… of the rain!
- With its arrival with Tahiti, Breton the Raphaëla Gouvello makes a success of the exploit of the first crossing of the Pacifique in Planche with veil, in 89 days.
- the United States: An American branch of the Église Anglican, the Église épiscopalienne, devotes as a bishop, a Gene Robinson, a homosexual priest, which involves many protests.
- Georgia: Showing the government of massive frauds at the time of the legislative elections, the opposition carried out by Mikheil Saakachvili, chief of the National movement , starts a campaign of demonstrations and civic disobedience, to obtain the resignation of the president Edouard Chevardnadzé.
- Iraq, in the south of Falloudja: An American helicopter of transport of troops is cut down by a ground-to-air missile: 16 dead.
Monday November 3rd 2003
- European Union: According to a survey “Eurobaromètre” (Abstracting service of the public opinion of the European commission), on the countries constituting a threat for peace: 59% place Israel at the head, followed to 53% by the United States, Iran and the North Korea.
- the President of the European commission, Romano Prodi declares “ very worried ” by this result, and ensures that it “ reflects neither the thought, nor the policy of the Commission ”.
- the United States: The Senate adopts the supplementaru estimates of 87,5 billion US dollars, asked by President George W. Bush, for the continuation of the “ war against terrorism ” in Iraq and Afghanistan, like for the rebuilding of these two countries (18,6 billion for Iraq and 1,2 billion for Afghanistan).
Tuesday November 4th 2003
- Novell will repurchase SuSE, which publishes the distribution Gnu/Linux of the same name. The advertisement is on the site of the two companies. Novell announces and Announces SuSE
- the the World Bank gives its agreement for the financing by a private consortium, directed by British Petroleum and American Unilocal , of new a Oléoduc between Bakou (Azerbaïdjan) - Tbilissi (Georgia) and Ceyhan (Turkey).
- Iraq: the Spanish government announces a withdrawal “temporary and partial” of the personnel of its embassy.
Wednesday November 5th 2003
- In France: The government projects of autonomy of the universities and European harmonization of the diplomas, are the release of a series of social movements which will last until the end of the month.
- the Vatican: the pope Jean-Paul II receives the president Vladimir Poutine.
Thursday November 6th 2003
- European Union: 12th bilateral top with Rome. Silvio Berlusconi, president of the union, expresses his total support for Vladimir Poutine concerning the Chetchnia and the Ioukos business. As of the following day, the Commission of Brussels runs the counter to this position.
- Washington: Invited by the national Foundation for the democracy, President George W. Bush states: “ the creation of free Iraq in the middle same of the Middle East proves to be the great turning in the democratic world revolution (...). Freedom is the plan of the Sky for humanity and the best hope for progress on the Earth. ”
- In Iraq, the Polish commander Hieronim Kupczyk is killed in a ambush in the north of Kerbala. It is about the first Polish soldier killed on mission in Iraq.
Friday November 7th 2003
- In France: A group of more than 500 people smeared advertizing posters in the Parisian Métro.
- Iraq, close to Tikrit, an American helicopter is cut down: 6 dead.
- the Turkish government temporarily gives up sending troops in Iraq.
Saturday November 8th 2003
- In France, the Automatic radar installed on a6 highway, in the the Essonne, was victim of a wild aggression in the night of Saturday. It was entirely repaints in gray.
official Carte of the automatic radars in Ile-de-France.
- In Saudi Arabia, car bomb attack, in the western suburbs of the capital Riyadh, against a residential complex for expatriates: 17 dead.
- In Iraq, air raids by the United States Air Force in the area of Falloudja.
Sunday November 9th 2003
Monday November 10th 2003
- Début of polemic enters the the United States, the Iran, the Russia and IAEA, about the Iranian nuclear program.
- the secretary of the Iranian Safety advice national Hassan Rohani announces, at the time of a visit with Moscow, that its government suspends its operations of uranium enrichment and accepts the additional protocol with the Traité nuclear non-proliferation authorizing the unexpected inspections of its nuclear installations.
- Immédiatement President Vladimir Poutine declares that he does not see any more “ of obstacle to the co-operation with Iran in the nuclear field ”.
- On its side the International Atomic Energy Agency publishes a report which indicates that Iran tried to dissimulate its nuclear program, but that there does not exist “ not proof ” which it was developing a nuclear weapon.
- the US government retorts by saying that “ the conclusions of the report of the IAEA are impossible to believe ”.
Tuesday November 11th 2003
- In France:
- a former warrant officer Harki, Sherif Arrar , 67 years, decorated with the military decoration, its sixth decoration, on July 14th, and which made since the object of aggressions with repetition and death threats on behalf of the “young ”, resulting from immigration, of the city HLM Berthe where it resides, in the Seyne-sur-Mer in the Var, has being evacuated of its housing with all its family, his wife and her five children, under protection police and rehoused elsewhere.
- In Paris, in the district of the gold Drop, a police operation aiming at repressing the street hawking cigarettes starts the anger of hundreds of inhabitants who take make and cause for them and push back the police force.
- Afghanistan, with Kandahar: Car bomb attack against the offices of the Mission of assistance of the United Nations.
- Iraq: The American administrator Paul Bremer is recalled for consultations to Washington to discuss recrudescence of the terrorist acts.
- Of the economic sanctions, commercial and diplomatic is voted by the American Senate against the Syria.
Wednesday November 12th 2003
- In France:
- Verdicts of the lawsuit of the Business Elf:
- the former chairman, Loïk Le Floch-Prigent is condemned to 5 years of firm Prison and to 375.000 euros of fines.
- the former director of the general affairs, Alfred Sirven is condemned to 5 years of prison firm and 1 million euros of fines.
- old “the Mr Africa ”, André Tarallo is condemned to 4 years of prison and 2 million euros of fines.
- With Paris, 2nd European Social forum with a success than mitigated more.
- Iraq, with Nassirya: A attack-suicide with the truck trapped against a base of Italian police officers causes the death of 28 people including 19 Italian.
Thursday November 13rd 2003
- Iraq: Beginning of the American operation “ Hammer of iron ” on the areas of Baghdad, Falloudja and Tikrit.
- the Japan states to give up sending a quota of soldiers in Iraq.
Friday November 14th 2003
- In France, the Prime Minister Jean-Pierre Raffarin announces to the tobacconists a “ complete freezing of the taxation ” on the tobacco after the new rise in the price of the cigarettes of 20% programmed for January 2004.
- With New York: Died of the dancer and black actor Gene Anthony Ray. He had in particular interpreted the role of Leroy Johnson in the Musical comedy of Alan Parker Fame and in the derived series. He died of unknown cause in misery in New York at the 42 years age.
- Iraq: Return of the American administrator Paul Bremer with a new supposed plan to return its sovereignty to Iraq, as of June 2004.
- the occupying forces would remain in the invited country as “ sovereign government ”.
- Taiwan, with Taipei: The highest inauguration round the world tour, called Taipei 101. High 508 m included/understood its antenna, it exceeds the twin towers Petronas of Kuala Lumpur in Malaysia (452 m), the Sears Tower of Chicago, and the Twin Towers (417 m) of the World Trade Center of New York (417 m) destroyed on September 11th, 2001. Its construction cost nearly 1,5 billion euros.
- Of others gigantic turns are currently in construction in Toronto, Moscow and New York.
Saturday November 15th 2003
- In France:
- At the time of the special day of visit to the Queen Mary 2 , reserved to the families of the employees of the Building sites of the Atlantic to Saint-Nazaire, a footbridge of access to the steamer crumbles, precipitating in the vacuum 43 people, causing the death of 15 of them and causing wounds with 28 others.
- Case of arson of a Jewish college with Gagny in Seine-Saint-Denis.
- Á Mosul: An attack with the ground-to-air missile destroys an American helicopter, this one involves a second in his fall of it: 17 dead.
- Agreement between the American adminsitartor, Paul Bremer and the temporary Council of government (IGC) on the constitution of a sovereign provisional government as of end June 2004.
- Turkey: A double murder with the car bomb, in front of two synagogs of Istanbul: 23 dead (including 6 Jews) and nearly 300 wounded.
Sunday November 16th 2003
- Afghanistan: with Ghazni, BETTINA Goislard , 29 years, French employee of the High commissionership of the United Nations for the refugees (HCR) is assassinated.
- the 18, the assassination is asserted by the Taliban S.
- Dubai: The Arab television channel Al-Arabiya diffuses a new message of Saddam Hussein.
- Iraq: The American army launches in the area of Tikrit the operation “ Cyclone of ivy ”, which, according to the terms of the American staff, is a “ show of force intended to impress the population ”, and a prelude to the multiplication of the arrests in the “ triangle sunnite ”.
- Burundi: Joined together with Dar Es Salaam (Tanzania), of the African leaders of the area give three months to the National liberation armies (FNL) to start discussions of peace with the authorities of Burundi. The rebels Hutu S reject the ultimatum, and multiply the attacks against several districts of Bujumbura.
Monday November 17th 2003
- In France:
- Following the case of arson of November 15th, President Jacques Chirac organizes an Interministerial meeting devoted to the fight against the anti-semitism, and announces the creation of an inter-ministerial committee which will meet each month.
- Official visit of the South African president Thabo Mbeki
- In Italy, until November 20th, official visit under high surveillance with Rome of Israeli the Prime Minister Ariel Sharon.
Tuesday November 18th 2003
- In the United Kingdom, until November 21st, visit of State under high surveillance (14 000 mobilized police officers) of President George W. Bush.
- In Italy, with Rome, national funeral for 19 Italian killed in the attack of Nassirya in Iraq.
- In Iraq, the American forces bombard certain districts of Baghdad. It is about the first bombardment of the capital since the entry of the American forces in the city the last April 9th.
- In the United States, a searching by 70 police officers, very mediatized, takes place in the residence of Michael Jackson in California. It is shown to have misused a young boy.
Wednesday November 19th 2003
- On the Asian markets, gold crosses for the first time since March 1996 the course symbolic system of the 400 US dollars the ounce. Forsaken during nearly twenty years to the profit of the actions, gold started its increase since the 11 September 2001 after the attacks against the twin towers.
- This rise moreover is supported by the aggravation of the crises to the the Middle East (Israel, Palestine, Iraq, Iran, Turkey) and by the persistence of political and economic uncertainties (attacks, economic crisis).
- the specialists predict a course of 450 US dollars the ounce from here a few months.
Thursday November 20th 2003
- In France:
- Demonstrations in Paris and in ten university towns, against the government projects of autonomy of the universities and European harmonization of the diplomas.
- During the emission “ 100 minutes to convince ” on France 2, the Minister of Interior Department Nicolas Sarkozy is declared favorable to a policy of Positive discrimination.
- In Georgia, the official proclamation of the results of the legislative elections gives at the head the presidential block with 21% of the voices, followed with 18,8%, of the movement of its ally, Aslan Abachidzé, president of the province pro-Russian of Adjarie.
Turkey: Two new suicide bombings with the car bomb, after those of the 15, struck Istanbul, one against the consulate of the the United Kingdom, which was partially destroyed, and the other against the British bank HSBC. This one made 27 died and more than 390 wounded. Among British deaths, 14 employees and the British Consul.
- This action was asserted at the same time by a Turkish bunch, the “Combattants of the Great Islamic East /front” and the “brigades Abou Hafz Al-Masri”, a group of mobility Al-Qaida.
- the Bourse of London immediately fell of 21 points and that of Istanbul was closed.
- the Prime Minister Recep Erdoğan who since the victory of his party, the AKP with the elections of November 2002, endeavoured to set up a series of reforms aiming at bringing closer the Turkish institutions to the European criteria, declared that it “ would make head with terrorism and would crush it”.
- These attacks particularly aim at destabilizing this country with 99,8% Moslem, directed by an Islamic government, but candidate to integrate the European Union. He tends to push the soldiers to intervene in the form of a coup d'etat, so that cease the experiment of Turkish democracy and any form of cooperation with the Occident.
- the British Minister for the Foreign affairs, Jack Straw, made on the spot declares: “ These attacks will do nothing but increase our determination with all to see Turkey like full member of the European Union. ”.
- the general Ilker Basbug on its side ensured the US government which the soldiers would not try of coup d'etat.
Friday November 21st 2003
- In France: Following the demonstrations against the government projects of autonomy of the universities and European harmonization of the diplomas, the minister Luc Ferry announces a new grinding of the text on the autonomy of the universities.
- the European harmonization of the diplomas is one of the points of the reform to which the minister holds more, in order to reorganize the French diplomas around the levels vat + 3 (license), vat + 5 (mastère) and vat + 8 (doctorate), standard in the majority of the large countries.
- This new system, known as LMD, initiated by the socialist former minister Claude Allègre is already applied, in France, in a score of universities, aims at supporting the equivalence of the diplomas and the international mobility of the students.
- Space conquest: The International space station festival its 5 years around the Earth. The first Russian module Zarya of the station was launched the November 20th 1998. The station should be finished for 2006.
Saturday November 22nd 2003
- In Georgia, with Tbilissi, following the proclamation of the results of the legislative elections, the opposition, accompanied by ten thousands people, invests the Parliament and the Chancellery, with a neutrality accessory to the army and police force.
- the two opposition parties, the Radical movement and the democratic Bloc announce that the president of the outgoing parliament Nino Bourdjanadze is proclaimed “ president by interim until the behavior of elections ”.
- the outgoing president Edouard Chevardnadze must leave the building surrounded by its bodyguards, and in front of its partisans, speaks about Coup d'etat, announces that it will not leave the capacity, and issues the state of emergency.
In Iraq, the program of UNO “ Pétrole against food ” is replaced by a new food program entirely controlled by the coalition américano-British.
- World cup of Rugby 2003: The England finally beats the Australia 20 to 17 after prolongations of the world cup of Rugby to the Olympic stadium of Sydney, becoming thus the first nation of the Northern hemisphere to gain the trophy.
- the 16, England had crushed France in semi-final by 24 to 7.
- the 20, New Zealand had also crushed France for the third place by 40 to 13.
Sunday November 23rd 2003
- In Croatia, the legislative elections are gained by the nationalists of the Croatian democratic Union (HDZ) of Ivo Sanader.
- In Georgia, following negotiations, and in the presence of the Russian Minister for the Foreign affairs Igor Ivanov, the outgoing president Edouard Chevardnadze agrees to resign.
Monday November 24th 2003
- In France, in Paris, demonstration gathering between 12.000 and 22.000 tobacconists against the next rise of 20% on the cigarettes, planned for January 2004.
- At the time of the 26e Franco-British Summit with London, the president Jacques Chirac and the Prime Minister Tony Blair leaves side their divergences on the Iraqi question and prefers to post their convergence of point of the sight defense European safety.
- HongKong: The pro-Beijing party underwent a defeat at the time of the municipal elections in HongKong. The Democratic party favorable to the reforms gained 7 seats and has from now on 93 of them whereas the governing party, Alliance for better an HongKong (DAB) lost some 19 to 63 seats. According to the president of the Democratic party, Yeung Sum, hongkongais them addressed a clear message to Tung Chee-Hwa and the Chinese government saying that the public wants a democracy true. Mr. Tung set up by Beijing directs the ex-colony since its retrocession to the China.
Tuesday November 25th 2003
- France: Death with Paris of the actor Jacques François at the 83 years age of the continuations of pulmonary complications. Actor of theater, it was also known for his many supporting roles with the cinema, in particular in the role of the pharmacist in the film the Father Christmas is a refuse .
- European Union: Germany and France are authorized to temporarily withdraw from the respect criteria of the stability pact, by the Ministers for Finance of the euro area.
- This decision is condemned by the Commission of Brussels, Spain, Austria, the Netherlands, Finland, like by the president of the ECB, the French Jean-Paul Trichet.
Wednesday November 26th 2003
- In France, the Senate adopts an government amendment reducing the rise in the price of the cigarettes at 10%, instead of the 20% initially envisaged, for January 2004.
- European Union:
- the French site of Cadarache in the Rhone delta was retained by the Ministers for the research of the fifteen like candidate for the project of engine of experimental research on thermonuclear fusion ITER.
- the French National Assembly votes the widening of the Union with twenty-five.
- Ulster: With the provincial elections, the radical formations (catholic and unionistic) know a strong progression.
- In Iraq, the principal dignitaries Chiite S reject the agreement for a temporary government proposed on November 15th by the administrator Paul Bremer and the IGC.
Iran: With Vienna, vote unanimously of the 35 members of the Council of the governors of IAEA, a resolution summoning the Iranian government to yield completely with the obligations of the Treaty of non-proliferation (NPT), to provide from now on “ its total co-operation ” and “ to suspend ” its programme of enrichment and reprocessing of the Uranium.
- However, in spite of the request of the US government, they do not seize the Safety advice of UNO. Censure but not sanction on a side, consent but without renouncement of the other, it acts of a bargaining which does not solve anything basically.
- During 18 years, Iran violated its commitment which it had undertaken within the framework of the NPT, to which it adhered in 1970, by continuing a nuclear research program in the greatest secrecy.
Thursday November 27th 2003
- In France:
- New demonstrations in Paris and in ten university towns, against the government projects of autonomy of the universities and European harmonization of the diplomas.
- islamist the Boualem Bensaïd, recognized guilty of the attacks of 1995 in Paris, is condemned in call to the life imprisonment.
- In Iraq, President George W. Bush pays two hours a surprised visit to the airport of Baghdad, at the time of the American Thanksgiving .
Friday November 28th 2003
- Á Naples in Italy, intergovernmental conference of the European Ministers for the Foreign affairs. A compromise on defense is found between France, Germany and the United Kingdom in order to take into account the American positions and those of NATO.
Saturday November 29th 2003
Sunday November 30th 2003
|Random links:||Striano | Diane de Selliers | Stefania Sandrelli | Capability machine | Route main road 68 (Belgium) | Fusée_de_diergol|