The November 18th is the 322e Jour of the Année (323e in the event of Leap year) of the Gregorian Calendrier. There remain 43 days before the end of the year.
1 to 1900
- 763 : Under the reign of the king of the Tibet, Trisong Detsen, the Tibetans seize the Chinese capital Chang' year (current the Xi' year), the emperor of the Dynastie Tang, Daizong, flees, and the Tibetans name a new emperor in his place.
- 1347 : Jean de Marigny, bishop of Beauvais and Chancellor of the king Philippe VI of Valois, young brother of Enguerrand de Marigny, is named archbishop of Rouen.
- 1500 : A Mandement of the Room of the accounts to the Provost of Paris and other royal officers orders to them to put in possession of its temporal, considering the oath which he pronounced in front of the king Louis XII, Antoine of $the Hague, abbot of Saint-Denis.
- 1626 : The Pape Urbain VIII devotes the Basilique Saint-Pierre of Rome
- 1666: The island of Antigua in the the Antilles is taken again with the hand of the English by the French
- 1793: The Musée of Louvre is inaugurated
- 1803: The battles of Vertières, the French garrisons capitulate. The independence of Haiti will be proclaimed on January 1st 1804 by the general Jean-Jacques Dessalines.
- 1820 : The the Antarctic is discovered by the American navigator Nathaniel Palmer.
- 1830 : Proclamation of the independence of the Belgium.
- 1852 : France: Foundation by the Brothers Pereire of the Loan on personal property, an original bank of businesses. It acquires actions in the various businesses by emitting obligations long-term for a value corresponding to its purchases and short-term to get working capital.
- 1861 : Paris: First with the Comédie-Française of the part of Alfred de Musset One badine not with the love .
- 1876 : Egypt: The England and the France constitute a Case of the Egyptian debt.
- 1894 : With alternative Valence (Spain), of Felix Robert, Matador French. He is first French to take the alternative.
1903 : Panamá: Signature of the Treated Hay-Bunau-Varilla with the the United States, which recognized the independence of the republic of Panamá proclaimed the 3: the Americans grant the right to build, manage and protect the channel.
- 1905 :
- Oslo: The rise of the national feeling, related to the literary revival incarnated by Ibsen, results in an assertion of Norwegian specificity within the Scandinavian world. The Storting (Norwegian Parliament) decides in June to break the bonds which linked it the Norway with the Sweden since the Traité of Kiel of 1814. This decision is voted by plebiscite, this day, by 80% of the voters. The country is expressed since 1898 by the vote for all. The Storting chooses for king the second wire of Frederic VIII of Denmark, it takes the name of Haakon VII. This one will take refuge in England in June 1940 and will return in 1945.
- the Japan establishes its protectorate on the Korea.
- 1910 : Mexico: This day, Francisco Madero raises the Mexico against the dictatorship of Porfirio Díaz. It has as lieutenants a mongrel peasant of the province of the Morelos, Emiliano Zapata, and a former gangster, Pancho Villa. Resulting from the people, they will be the heroes of a revolution which, during ten years, will upset the Mexico.
- 1918 : The Latvia proclaims its independence, Janis Catske is president.
- 1928 : Presentation of the first Cartoon of Walt Disney with Mickey Mouse (which named then Mortimer Mouse).
- 1936 : The fascistic modes of Germany and Italy declare their support with the anti-republican rebellion in Spain.
- 1941 : British offensive in North Africa.
- 1945 : The other parties being withdrawn, the Communists gain the elections in Bulgaria; the mode will last until in 1989.
- 1956 : The independence of the Morocco.
- 1962 : In France, beginning of the legislative elections, broad victory gaullist (18 November 25th).
- 1963 : Abdel Salam Aref seizes the power by repressing a new rising Baath. Saddam Hussein is imprisoned until her escape in 1966.
- 1966 :
- With the the United States, the Catholic church gives up prohibiting from eating meat Friday
- Exposition " Homage to Picasso " with Paris.
- 1970 : The FRG and the Poland establish diplomatic relations, broken earlier 31 years.
- 1971 : Inauguration of the first section of the RER: Charles-of-Gaulle-star - Auber.
- 1976 : with Madrid, the Parliament ratifies the return to the democracy, one year after the death of the dictator Francisco Franco.
- 1977 : The embassy of Egypt with Athens is occupied by Palestinian students and the embassy of Egypt with Beirut is attacked with the rocket, while the protests multiply against the project of voyage of the president Sadate in Israel.
- 1978 : The member of Parliament Leo Ryan and four other Americans “are assassinated” in Guyana; a little later with Jonestown, more than 900 followers of the sect of the Temple of the People are thorough with the suicide by Cyanure, by their chief Jim Jones.
- 1983 : The Safety advice of the United Nations refuses to recognize the Republic proclaimed by the Turkish Chypriotes.
- 1986 : With the Lebanon, rival Palestinian factions are linked against the militiamans Chiites, supported by the Syria NS, which besiege the refugee camp of Bourj El-Barajneh.
- 1987 : At the station Kings Cross-country race, subway of London, a fire makes dead thirty-one; fire had begun under an escalator with parts out of wood.
- 1989 : Launching of the satellite COBE
- 1990: Florence Arthaud first woman has to gain the Route of Rum, Saint-Malo/Point-with-Clown on board sound Trimaran Pierre 1st.
- 1991 : Lebanon: release of the British Terry Waite, emissary of the primacy of the Church of England, and the American teacher Thomas Sutherland after four and six years of captivity.
- 1992 : Four tons of Cocaïne are seized, on an aircraft come from the Colombia and landed in Casey, in High-Mauricie, after being followed by American and Canadian hunters.
- 1996 : set fire to of a truck in the Channel tunnel.
2001 : The democratic Ligue of Kosovo (LDK) of the moderate leader Ibrahim Rugova gains the first legislative elections organized in the Serb province since the end of the war and the installation of the administration of UNO.
- 2003 :
- the International penal court for ex-Yugoslavia (TPIY) returns public its act of inculpation against the former chief of the old republic autoproclamée of Serb of Krajina, Milan Babic, continued for six criminal charges of War crimes and Crimes against humanity for the ethnic cleaning campaign in Croatia at the beginning of the war.
- a mediatized searching takes place with the Ranch of Neverland of the American singer Michael Jackson within the framework of a charge of Pédophilie.
- 2004 :
- the the European Parliament grants its nomination to the new altered Commission presented by Jose Manuel Durão Barroso, putting thus fine at a political arm wrestling on the composition of the European executive.
- the House of Commons decides to prohibit the hunt in England and with the Wales.
- 2005 :
- 1628 : Gabriel de Lavergues, sior of Guilleragues, diplomat and writer French. Resulting from a family of, right-hand man noblesse de robe of the prince de Conti. († March 15th 1685)
- 1647: Pierre Bayle, philosopher and writer French († December 28th 1706)
- 1697: William Hogarth, engraver English († 1764).
- 1727 : Philibert Commerson, explorer and Naturalist French († 1773).
- 1786 : Carl Maria von Weber, type-setter and leader († June 5th, 1826).
- 1787 : Jacques Daguerre, inventor of photography († July 12th 1851).
- 1820 : James William Abert, officer and an Exploring American († 1897).
- 1832 : Adolf Erik Nordenskiöld, the exploring Arctic Finnish († 1901)
- 1860: Ignace Paderewski, pianist, type-setter and politician Polish († 1941).
- 1890 : Amelita Galli-Curci, professional singer Italy.
- 1901 : George Gallup, statistician and the creator of the surveys († 1984).
- 1906 : Klaus Mann, German writer, wire of Thomas Mann
- 1907: Compay Segundo, musician Cuba in († 2003).
- 1915 : Alfred Nakache, French swimmer. († August 4th 1983).
- 1923 : Alan Shepard, first American astronaut in space († July 21st 1998)
- 1929: William Joseph Knight, astronaut of USAF († May 8th 2004)
- 1930: James Graham Ballard, British writer of Science fiction.
- 1935 : Alain Barrière, French singer
- 1936: Hank Ballard, American singer .
- 1944 : Woolfgang Joop, German fashion designer.
- 1951 :
- 1959 : Marie-Dominique Simonet, Belgian political woman of French language
- Elizabeth Perkins, American actress.
- 1972 : Patrick sobral writer draftsman of data base for children (Legendary the)
- 1981 :
- Thierry Dusautoir, player of the XV of France, having taken part in the World cup of Rugby 2007.
- 1806 : Claude Nicolas Ledoux, architect French.
- 1830 : Free Andrea Bonelli, ornithologist and Collection nor Italy N (° 1784).
- 1886 : Chester A. Arthur (° 1830), 21e president of the the United States
- 1887: the prince Jean de Bourbon (65 years), count de Montizón, elder of the Capétiens and chief of the House of France
- 1910: Paul Bowles, type-setter, writer and American traveller bench in Morocco (° December 30th 1910)
- 1922: Marcel Proust, writer French. (° July 10th 1871)
- 1941: Walther Hermann Nernst, physicist and German chemist (° June 25th 1864), Nobel Prize of chemistry in 1920
- 1941: Emile Nelligan, Québécois poet - “(…) the myth of the adolescent poet - the black angel - forever sacrificed on the furnace bridge of conformism (…)”
- 1952: Paul Éluard, French poet. (° December 14th 1895)
- 1962: Niels Bohr, physicist Danish
- 1987: Jacques Anquetil, cyclist, five times winner of the Tour de France and 9 times of the Grand Prix of the Nations (° January 8th 1934)
- 1991: Gustáv Husák, Czechoslovakian politician
- 1994: Cab Calloway, American Jazz man.
- 1999 : Paul Bowles, type-setter, writer, and American traveller, who passed the major part of his life to the Morocco. (° December 30th 1910)
- 2002: James Coburn, American actor (born on August 31st, 1928)
- 2003: Michael Kamen, type-setter of film music ( Die Hardware, the Lethal weapon )
Catholic and orthodoxe saints of the day
- Aude of Paris (beginning of the 6th century), Aulde or Odette, disciple of Holy Genevieve.
- Aude de Trémazan († 545), Haude, Auda or Eodez, sister of Tanguy saint, martyrdom.
- Holy Alphée
Beats-smg: Lapkristė 18 Be-X-old: 18 лістапада Fiu-vro: 18. märtekuu päiv Nds-nl: 18 november Simple: November 18 Zh-yue: 11 月 18 號
|Random links:||Capra de Frank | Marguerite Lamour | Bully (the Loire) | Thirteenth stage (group) | Box with the Olympic Games of 1992 | Smithornis|