See also: Notches
Geography and policy
Located on a plate at 1500 meters of altitude overhanging the valley of the the Rhone and the town of Sierre, the station is made up of the communes of Icogne, Lens, Montana, Randogne, Mollens, and of Chermignon, known as " 6 communes of the high-plate ". The vast plate on which it is built makes it possible him to lodge several grounds of Golf, where is held each year the Omega European Masters of Notch-Montana which belongs to the Tour European PGA.
Above the station is the Glacier Dead Plaine, offering a practicable surface skiable all the year.
InstallationsThe station was created at the beginning of the 20th century and the first Téléski was built in 1928. She proposes 140 km of tracks of Ski marked out, a Snowpark, a garden of snows, a track of Luge, a Cascade of ice and a track of Kilomètre launched. The surface of the skiable field is of more than 350 hectares. Tracks of Ski touring are also proposed, in particular on the Glacier of the Dead Plain (12 km) and on the plate. Notch-Montana accommodated the championships of the world of ski in 1987 and Interski 2003 in 2003. Currently, the skiable field comprises 24 ski lift which carry out up to 3000 meters:
In summer, certain installations are open for the walkers like for the VTT, for which there exist several tracks of descent. The station offers to its visitors the choice of a great number of walks of all levels.
- Tournament of golf Omega European Masters
- Festival of music Various Whims festival
- seminars in the center of congress " the Regent "
- Competition Jumping Horse Show , each year in July
- International Meeting FIAT 500 , each year beginning-September (organized by Valaisan association Friendly of the 500 of the Alps )
- Meeting off American Jeep Jeep-Heep-Heep , each year end-September since 1997
- Ferrari Classics , each year in June
EconomyNotch-Montana has more than 50 Hôtel S, representing a capacity of reception of: 3600 beds, and more: 36000 beds in Para-hotel trade. The station is accessible by the Funiculaire SMC.
Evolution of the nights in Notch-Montana since 1988:
- Site of the station Notch-Montana
|Random links:||Huddersfield Town Football Club | December 2005 in Canada | Reynery (Toulouse subway) | Raimer Jochims | Line Estrées-Saint-Denis - Froissy - Crèvecœur-the-Large|