The Common one was decorated with the Military Cross with palms to the title of the Second world war. Its center ferrovaire was one of the most active small islands of French resistance.
Population: 38.100 inhabitants with the last census (July 2004). The city preserves its place at the 15th rank by decreasing order of importance among the 40 communes of the department.
Origin of the nameLatin nucetum , locality of the To drown S; the second part of the name refers to the aridity of the ground and the absence of river.
OriginsPrehistoric traces of occupation were found with Noisy-the-Dryness, in particular in 1920 in the form of a whole of stones laid out out of hearth, as well as shards of Poterie animal and bones, dating from the Bronze Age. One also found a Biface of the Paléolithique means.
A whole of 300 Roman parts of the late Antiquity, hidden towards 270, was found in 1911 in the influence of the station.
Noisy is a villa attested into 832. In 1265, Isabelle de Romainville admits holding in stronghold of the abbot of Saint-Denis of the vines located with Closed of the Lord of the manor, and the seigniory of the Abbaye of Saint-Denis will remain until the Revolution. The abbeys of Saint Martin's day of the Fields and Livry also had féaudaux grounds and rights to Noisy-the-Dryness.
In 1517 Etienne Cochu and Denise Thiphaisne, his wife, curators of the heirs to Etienne Damoiselet, declare with the burrow of Jacques Charmoulue, lord of Noisy, their estables, house, barn, sheep-fold, dovecote, court and garden, enclosure of walls, called the farm of the Collars, sitting in known as Noisy at the end of in bottom, holding on the one hand with the street quy led dudict end of in bottom to Magdeleine, outcome of an end in known as Cochu and consorts and of another end with Jean David (with the angle of the current streets of Saint-Denis and Denfert-Rochereau)
In 1709, the village counted 250 " feux" (families), then 304 in 1788, the day before the Revolution.
In 1775, royal edicts mention Noisy as one of the places where can be exerted the Protestant worship.
Several windmills existed in the commune, including one, that of the Small tower, going back to at least 1517 (destroyed in 1912) street Jean Jaurès, close to the Station. Another, in Londeau, the Hervy Mill or Harvy is attested in 1618 and destroys before 1740.
1850-1939During the creation of the section Paris - Meaux of the line Paris - Strasbourg by the railroad of the East in July 1849, a station is created with Noisy-the-Dryness. Noisy becomes a marshalling yard closed today in 1882.
At the time of the census of 1896 , the commune counted already 8.105 inhabitants who lived 2.771 loigements in 1.108 houses. At that time, there existed already of many buildings, since 68 constructions had 3 stages, 50 had 4 stages, 32 had 5 stages and there was 1 building of 7 floors. For that, it was necessary to add 127 buildings being used of trade or workshops. The station of the railroad of the East and the various services which depended on it occupied already a surface of 75 hectares to Noisy-the-Dryness, with in particular a deposit of engines and a station of Triage.
The economic activity, in addition to the Railroad, was consisted the chalk pits, located street of the Narrow part, n° 61, which provide approximately 50 cubic meters of plaster per day and occupied 100 workmen approximately, like by important mushroom beds occupying of old careers.
In addition, Which occurred Marceau, existed a factory of corsets which occupies 10 workers approximately, and a cookie factory was in constrction 70 Boulevard de la République. A factory of Fabert pencils, installed between Bondy and Noisy, occupied approximately 30 workmen.
Nevertheless, the agricultural activity remained important and occupied 319 hectares out of the 502 of the commune, with a strong production maréchère. The vine growing occupied 10 more hectares, and 27 hectares were devoted to the red fruits: raspberry canes, cassissiers and currant bushes
The workshop of Noisy-the-Dryness is created starting from 1908 by the Compagnie of the railroads of the East and its economic importance deeply transforms Noisy-the-Dryness, which becomes a cheminote city. A new station, which replaces that of 1849, is built in 1910. In 1914, the railroads employ 2.300 people (against 600 in 1900).
At the time of the First World War , the station becomes the most important regulating station of France for the transport of the military troops, and, at the time of the First battle of the Marne, of the requisitioned Parisian taxis progressively deal with the units of infantries of the 7th division of their unloading of the trains to transfer them onto the face to Nanteuil-le-Haudouin.
The Second world war and destruction of the cityDuring the Second world war, the Paris region was relatively saved by the destruction; nevertheless, in 1948,58 communes disaster victims were declared (Gennevilliers, Saint-Maur, Creteil, Houses-Alfort…). Especially the marshalling yard of Noisy-the-Dryness was bombarded in the night April 18th at April 19th, 1944 by planes of the forces Alliés in order to disorganize (for a time only) and to slow down German logistics, in forecasts of the Opération Overlord making many deaths among the population noiséenne (464) and surroundings 370 wounded; the real destruction was considerable as much (surroundings 2000 houses will be destroyed). The commune was declared disaster victim on August 5th, 1944.
The rebuildingThe project of installation of Noisy-the-Dryness was related to the general plan of installation of the Paris region, which granted a broad place to the experimental building sites. This project is taken into account in December 1945, accompanied by a declaration of public utility. Two building sites of experiment were considered with Noisy-the-Dryness; one in the district of Whiting intended for a city of houses prefabricated, and the other on the place of the station intended for a building of State. At the beginning of 1945, under the impulse of Raoul Dautry and Henri Quatremaine, the ministry for the Rebuilding and Town planning had ordered the creation of a city of experiment made up of about fifty prototype houses, surrounded by small gardens and separated by low fences.
The rebuilding was carried out then under difficult conditions: insufficiency of coal, traditional construction material shortage (cement, bricks, tiles, tiling…), insufficiency of material, shortage of manpower specialized and local; to that, the high prices of construction and the urgency of the needs were added. The ministry for the Rebuilding thus wished to stress the use of materials and new processes of construction, requiring less raw materials or less possible energy for their transformation. The building site of the city of Noisy-the-Dryness made it possible French and foreign manufacturers to present various processes of construction implementing the most various materials: synthetic wood, metal, concrete, reinforced concrete, materials… Beside the French industrialists, companies of the United States were present, of Canada, of Switzerland, of Great Britain, of Sweden, of Finland… The search for prototypes related to the infrastructures, but also the interior equipment of the houses: kitchens, bathrooms, furniture. To call upon foreign manufacturers required an effort of information near the local population; indeed, she was not accustomed to live in houses out of wooden, nor to cook in American kitchens open on a common room. Work began in September 1945, to be completed in 1953, delivery date of the last house. The prototypes were tested progressively of their realization. The houses were allotted to disaster victims of the commune via a Commission of rehousing of the disaster victims installation by the municipality. It was made up civil servants and representatives of the services of housing created by the ministry for the Rebuilding and Town planning.
The experimental building sites were the showpiece of the industrialization policy of the building carried out by the ministry for the Rebuilding and Town planning. Pride of the ministry, of the visits were organized there. Noisy-the-Dryness, elected officials, French and foreign architects, student, professors of home economics, social workers… followed one another to see these houses, prototypes of prefabrication. As from 1948, the ministry undertakes large building sites for vaster whole of residences, extremely of the first attempts of the experimental building sites.
In 1958 the 662 residences of the Pierre-Feuillère are delivered. This city of the public office of H.L.M. of the Seine is designed by the architects Henri Bodecher, Robert Genermont, Julien Heulot, Yves Thibault.
In 1961, the Municipality engages the restoration of the downtown area, and the SEMINO (Company of mixed economy of Noisy Dryness) east creates on June 18th, 1962 on the initiative of the municipality and the Ministry for the equipment to conclude this project. The SEMINO will deliver its first residences, street Béthisy, on May 1st, 1966.
GeographyThe town of Noisy-the-Dryness is located in the department of the Seine-Saint-Denis, to 5 km of Paris by the road, to 9 km of Paris station of the East by the train. The communal territory developed starting from the slopes of the plate of Montreuil until the Canal of Ourcq, to 4 km of the door of Puppet. It counts 5 communes bordering: Bobigny, Bondy, Montreuil, Romainville and Rosny-sous-Bois.
HydrographyIf, formerly, a brook occurred with the Narrow part (the old way of the Narrow part connected the place of Carrouge, current place Jeanne-with Arc, the church of Romainville), no natural river sprinkles more Noisy-the-Dryness.
Work of the Canal of Ourcq was undertaken in 1805 and navigation was open in August 1813 between Paris and Claye-Souilly. The channel is property of the town of Paris since 1876 and crosses the commune on 1226 meters.
The aqueduct of Dhuis crosses the commune in its Southern part. This work was built by the Town of Paris in 1862, for the derivation of the sources located in the valleys of Dhuis, of the Verdon, of Surmelin, etc
A fountain rose at the 19th century on the Jeanne-D place' Arc, close to the town hall, in the middle of a square refuge, with a circular stone cippe, decorated, at its base, of a boor of lion by which water escaped.
Inscriptions recalled that the fountain had been set up in 1849, on the drawings of Mr. architect Lequeux, Mr. Berger being prefect of the Seine and Mr. Durin, mayor of Noisy-the-Dryness… A statue of Jeanne d' Bronze Arc will decorate the fountain in 1910.
Road transportWith the highways and, and which carries out Porte of Puppet, she enjoys an important road junction.
- During the creation of the railway line Paris-Meaux, a station had been built with Noisy-the-Dryness.
Become too narrow, it is replaced by a new station in 1910 (which will be destroyed during the second world war). In 1913, this station accommodated 1.557.637 travellers (against 884.517 in 1902).
- the Ligne of Large Belt stops at the station of Noisy. It accommodated the travellers of 1882 to 1939.
- the company of the Railroads nogentais exploited since 1887 a tram line between Cincennes and City-Évrard, passing by the avenue Jean Jaurès. This line, renumbered 113 by the company STCRP, was transformed into line of bus on February 15th, 1937, and seems to be the ancestor of current line the RATP
TodayThe commune is served by a powerful grid system:
- the RER, in Station of Noisy-the-Dryness, makes it possible to join the Gare Haussmann - Saint-Lazare in 12 min, via the Magenta Gare close to the Gare of the East
- T1, station terminus) allows to go until Saint-Denis, while passing by the subway Pablo-Picasso, with the prefecture of Bobigny.
- 7 lines of bus () connect the various districts of the commune with the surrounding cities and Paris, a shuttle serves intramural Noisy,
- the city is served by the buses of night Noctilien
- the Tangential North, project of line of light Train along the Large Belt, between Sartrouville and Noisy-the-Dryness, should have its first section brought into service about 2014, and as from 2016 for the section of Noisy.
the Tram T1, blocked at the station of Noisy-the-Dryness by the municipality of Noisy, should be prolonged until Valley-of-Fontenay via Montreuil (Wall-with-sin).
the Tramway T4 could be prolonged of Bondy to the Gare of Noisy-the-Dryness within the framework of the assumptions posed by the preliminary draft of SDRIF published in November 2006.
- 720 companies listed in 1999, nearly 1000 today according to the site of the city, with in particular Lancaster, Marriages brothers, Tassos, VO Concept, or Medical technology.
These companies are mainly localized in the four zones of activity of the commune: ZI of the Park, Park of activities the Terminal/Groux, Park Under the Plasters, ZAC of the Rabbets.
6.341 employment listed in 1999
City having received in 2002 and 2003,2004, the label “City Internet” then in 2005 label Internet 4 @@@@, placing it in the group of the 10 best sites of the territory. In December 2006, the City is again rewarded with label City-Internet 4 @@@@ and obtains the City-free mention for its use and its development of free software.
Inheritance, sites and monumentsAugust 1st
- the Eglise Saint-Etienne was built in 1823 per Mr. Guénepin on the sites of former buildings. It preserves a keystone of the preceding church of the 16th century, placed on the porch of the church. A painting of Auguste-François Perrodin of 1886, devoted to the martyr of Saint-Etienne, decorates the chorus of the église.
Son bell-tower having been destroyed following the bombardment of April 1944, the 4 bells, Eléonore, Etiennette, Marie-Annonciade and Antonine, going back to 1830 to 1866, is deposited on the hillock of grass beside the church.
the Fountain of the Farmers , built which occurred of Rosny at the beginning of the 20th century by the trade union of the farmers of Noisy-the-Dryness
the Cornice of the forts : this future city park of the Area of Ile-de-France, registered with the plan contract 2000-2006, envisages the installation of a city park of 64 hectares located on the communes of Pantin, the Lilacs, Noisy-the-Dryness and mainly of Romainville.
Situé on old careers of Gypsum, this project will propose activities of cultural and sporting leisures, and will allow in particular the creation of a East-West advance of 2,8 km intended to the pedestrians and for the bicycles, which will allow a panorama on Paris and will become the principal walk of the base. The accesses of the castle of Romainville will be refitted, and the madness of Puppet, should be rehabilitated. The working gardens will be moved. A first phase should be open to the public during 2007 or 2008.
Ce park will be managed by a mixed trade-union gathering the Département and the cities concerned.
Political of the cityNoisy-the-dryness profits from a Contrat of city since 1994. This first contract of city also related to Bagnolet, Montreuil-sous-Bois and Rosny-sous-Bois.
A second contract of city was signed over the period 2000-2006, primarily relating to actions of relaunching in direction of the inhabitants of the districts of Londeau, Boissière and Sand pit.
A urban Contract of social cohesion (CUCS), replacing contracts of city, is being negotiated. It should relate to mainly the districts or cities Renardière, 140 rue de Paris, Langevin, Stéphenson and Londeau, i.e. those classified in ZUS or authority of classification ZUS.
An urban Project of renouvellemnt is being negotiated with ANRU in order to restructure the district of Londeau.
This project should envisage:
- the demolition of the bars Verlaine and the requalification of the street Verlaine, treated in zone 30.
- the creation of a place and a public alley on the flagstone
- the creation of an underground car park of 400 places, and the demolition of 195 boxings
- the acquisition of the 3 wedged houses
- a commercial relaunching along the street of Brément, and the demolition of the equipment of existing district
The commune is member of the Association of the territorial collectivities of the Parisian East.
ElectionsFor the electoral deadlines of 2007 Noisy-the-Dryness belongs to the 82 communes of more than 3500 inhabitants having used the machines to vote. The experiment will have been of short duration. Indeed, the machines to be voted were used only for the 1st turn of presidential ballot.
- Noisy Dryness was twinned with Hebburn since 1963, and this city amalgamated to create the commune of South Tyneside
- College and Collège Olympe de Gouges, 205, rue de Brément (tel.: 01 48 43 42.02)
- College Theodore Monnod, 187, rue de Brément (tel.: 01 41 83 09 50)
- College Jacques Prévert 35, boulevard Gambetta (tel. 01.48.48.70 .07)
- College Rene Cassin 19, rue du Docteur Charcot (Tel. 01.48.50.13 .37)
- Swimming pool Edouard-Herriot, 59, avenue Gallieni (tel.: 01 49 42 67 52)
- Stage Huvier, 2, rue Jules-Auffret (Tel.: 01 49 42 67 48)
- the Gallery, Centers contemporary art, 1, rue Jean-Jaurès (Tel.: 01 49 42 67 17)
- Media library Roger Gouhier, 3, rue Jean-Jaurès (Tel.: 01 49 42 67 19)
- Theater of the Sheep-folds, 5, rue Jean-Jaurès (Tel.: 01 41 83 15 20)
- Conservatory counsel of Music and Dance, 67, avenue Jean-Jaurès (Tel.: 01 49 42 67 18)
- inter-commune Cinema Romainville/Noisy-the-Dryness Trianon, places Carnot 93230 Romainville (Tel.: 01 48 44 57 52)
Personalities of the city
- the chemist Henri Moissan, Nobel Prize of chemistry in 1906, discoverer of the Fluor which remained
- there the realizer Jean Delannoy
- the singer Eddy Mitchell lived the city after its marriage with Francoise Lavit in 1961
- the singer MC Solaar records a cassette demonstration of three titles under ground of a chemistry laboratory to Noisy-the-Dryness. This cassette containing the first grindings of " Caroline" , " Nord" district; and " Move of là"
the trainer of football of Olympic Noisy-the-Dryness, Nasser Sandjak, former footballer and old selector of the team of Algeria
- the Cyril singer (Gaining Star Academy 2006)
- the singer Sanseverino
- the group of hip-hop the Guarantee
- the singer Pauline Croze
- the actress Vanessa Demouy
- several members of the group of hip-hop Saïan Supa Crew
- the graffor Krisprolls
- the footballer Hassoun Camara, plays Olympic of Marseilles
- the rappor Platano
- the President of the World Group Assistance Alain Demissy
- the official site of the town hall, Noisy-the-Dryness,
- Consult the following bond on the site of the Public records:
|Random links:||Mélanine | Salyut | Sophrone of Jerusalem | Jose Menéres Pimentel | Zalaegerszeg | Liste_de_comtés_en_Virginie|