BiographyAfter a baccalaureat Applied arts in 1984 to Marseilles, Nicolas de Crécy belongs to the first promotion of the class of Cartoon of the Art schools of Angouleme, which it leaves graduate in 1987. He works in particular as draftsman for the studios Disney of Montreuil, but chooses soon to devote himself to the cartoon and publishes in 1991 its first book, Foligatto , immediately greeted by the critic.
With Sylvain Chomet, met to Angouleme, it launches the series of the Leon the Cam in the review (To be followed) , whose second volume will obtain the Alph-Art of the best album to the Festival of Angouleme 1998. He also works with Chomet on the cartoon the Old woman and the pigeons (1998), but is credited with the credits only under person in charge of the decorations. Later, a polemic will accompany the exit by the Triplettes of Belleville of Chomet, of the professionals of animation showing Chomet to have plagiarized the work of Nicolas de Crécy.
As cartoons, Nicolas de Crécy explored several tracks: direct colors ( celestial Bibendum ), black and fast white ( Mr Fruit ), dumb account ( Prosopopus ), always with a great control of the drawing and complex and ironic scenarios. L is recognized like one of the best draftsmen of its generation.
In addition, Nicolas de Crécy is shareholder of the weekly magazine the Tiger.
- Foligatto (scenario: Alexios Tjoyas), ED. Humanoïdes associated, 1991
- Celestial Bibendum , ED. Humanoïdes associated
- # Volume 1 , 1994
- # Volume 2 , 1999
- # Volume 3 , 2002
- Leon the Cam (scenario: Sylvain Chomet), ED. Casterman,
- # Volume 1 (Leon the Cam), 1995
- # Volume 2 (Ugly, poor and sick), 1997
- # Volume 3 (Request for us), 1998
- Mr Fruit , ED. Threshold,
- # Volume 1 , 1995
- # Volume 2 , 1996
- # Republication in only one volume: Super Mr Fruit , ED. Threshold, 2007
- Drawings , ED. Feastday, 1995
- the Night of the large malicious wolf (text: Rascal), ED. Pastel, 1998
- Pleasure of myope , ED. Cornélius, 1999
- the King of the track , ED. PMJ, 2001
- Lisbon, imaginary voyage (text: Raphaël Meltz), ED. Casterman, 2002
- Monograph , ED. the year 02, 2003
- Prosopopus , ED. Dupuis, Free coll Surface, 2003
- ground Coffees , ED. Vertical, coll “One wonders how such books arrive between the hands of the public” 2004
- Of odd people , ED. Cornélius, 2004
- Salvatore , ED. Dupuis, coll Expresso
- # Volume 1 (amorous Transports), 2005
- # Volume 2 (the big departure), 2006
- the New-York-on-Loire , ED. Casterman - Christian Desbois, 2005
- Glacial period , ED. Futuropolis - Louvre, 2005
- Of the bilberry jam, ED. the 9th World, 2005
- Stopovers , ED. Cornélius, 2006
- Newspaper of a phantom , ED. Futuropolis, 2007
- Barrel organ (film in preparation delivers, with Raphaël Meltz), ED. Futuropolis, 2007
- Price of the Lion, Centers Belgian of the Cartoon, 1992
- Special price of the jury, Festival of Sierre (Suisse), 1996
- Prix max und Moritz (better foreign album, Germany), 1993
- Prix Alph' Art of the Best Album, Festival of Angouleme, 1998
- Prix of the School of the image of Angouleme, 2001
- Prix of the newspaper the Point, 2005
- Prix of the booksellers of data base, 2006
- Prix Virgin-Mégastore of the best data base, 2006
- a discussion with Nicolas de Crécy for theradio one of Arte
- a discussion with Nicolas de Crécy in the review R of reality
- a discussion with Nicolas de Crécy for the bookstore Pantoute
- Polemic on the loans of the '' Critical Triplettes of Belleville ''
- of '' Glacial period '' on '' Tohu-Bohu ''
|Random links:||Bruno Pelletier | Zakaria Zerouali | Route main road 9463 | Marcel-Cerdan room | Cassiopée (troop) | David_B._Danbom|