Nicolas-Jean Hugou de Bassville
He was secretary of the French delegation with Naples, under the Convention. Responsible for a mission particular to Rome, on January 13rd 1793, it was attacked there with stone blows by a popular assembly to have made carry the tricolor Cocarde to its people. Struck in its house even of a blow of Razor, he died little of hours afterwards. Convention ordered that one drew a revenge bright on this attack and adopted his son in the name of the République.
Hugou de Bassville collaborated in various political newspapers and published several works, among which a biography of François Lefort and Mémoires of the Revolution .
- Apology for the novel for Adele and Theodore, preceded by a Letter of the baillif de Vaugirard to the barber of Seville (1782)
- Élémens of mythology, with the Analysis of the poëmes of Homère and Virgile, followed allegorical explanation to the use of the young graduates of the one and the other sex (1784)
- Precise history on the life and the exploits of François the Fort, citizen of Geneva, general and Lord High Admiral de Russie (1784)
- the Cry of the nation to its pars or Let us return the priests citizens, by Mr. Hugou de Bassville, member of several academies and committee of district of the girls Saint-Thomas (1789) Text in line
- historical, critical Memories and policies of the Revolution of France, with all the operations of the National Assembly (2 volumes, 1790)
- Frederic Masson, Diplomats of the Revolution , Paris, 1882.
|Random links:||John Whitehead | Dominique Frelaut | Countryside of Serbia (1915) | Mason Daring | Deadline scheduler | Zmacs|